News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Huzzah! First Faire of the Season

Started by Frederic, June 15, 2008, 08:58:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frederic

I'm getting into the faire frame of mind.  Just went to my first faire of the season (a small one in Charlton, Mass.)  Yeah, I know, we get started kind of late up here, but we'll catch up by the time fall rolls around.   I got some new leather, some new fixin's. and a whole bunch of new ideas.  Let the good times roll!
Merchant of the Hansa, Procurer to the Queen, and complete scoundrel

theChuck

Indeed. My first faire isn't for another month and a half, but I'm already starting to get excited for it.
The Renlist - find faires near you!

Escarlata

Frederic, it's good to see you about and excited. How was Silver Kingdom? Less hot this weekend?
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Frederic

Indeed, Escarlata, my dearest, devoted Demon - it was warm and humid, but not as hot as the first weekend.  I know our New England idea of a 'heat wave' is pretty tame for those of you from Texas or Florida, but the first weekend they had to haul off four people from the grounds for heat exhaustion, but the second weekend (when I was there) was much better.  Phoenix Swords was there, and gave an interesting show (not their fire sword one, though) but I was really pleased with the musical groups - Harper and Minstrel is one of my favorites and introduced to 'Diabolis en Musica' who were a riot.   My wife used her bodice cooler for the first time, and got a great deal of envious attention from the vendors.  Bodice coolers aren't very common here, but during the summer, they can sure be useful.
Merchant of the Hansa, Procurer to the Queen, and complete scoundrel

Escarlata

The Harper and Minstrel do the winter shows down here and I think they are outstanding. They were one of the first interviews I did for FaireNews and they were so much fun. I'll look for some Diabolis en Musica samples on the web to get a feel for them, they're new to me. There were quite a few bodice chillers purchased in Tn this year and I saw at least one of them in use at the Pirate Festival last weekend. I've never felt a need for one, I absolutely love the heat.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time