News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faire virgin, no more

Started by OrdinaryJames, May 17, 2011, 09:00:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OrdinaryJames

I just wanted to say that I went to my first faire, which happened to be OKRF. To anyone involved in it, I must say I enjoyed myself immensely and thank you for all the work!

I already plan on going again one day during closing weekend, and have grandeur visions of TRF in the Fall!

I think I may be hooked. I've spent the past 4 days doing nothing but reading about all of the faires, tradition, customs and all sorts of stuff relating to the faire's themselves and brushing back up on my history of the period.

I didn't get to see many of the shows since some of the people I went with were more interested in just strolling around, but the few that I caught were great. I definitely intend on watching many more the next time I go.

Just wanted to say how much fun I had, and again say that everyone there in garb were extremely pleasant and brought a wonderful atmosphere to the faire. I have no clue who was cast and who was not, but everyone was great!

Looking forward to going to more, and maybe even putting on some garb myself.

Merlin the Elder

We took a virgin this weekend as well—to OkRF—and he also had an amazing time. It's nice to be able to sucker new meat bring new friends into the faire experience.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Archer

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on May 18, 2011, 04:54:02 AM
We took a virgin this weekend as well—to OkRF—and he also had an amazing time. It's nice to be able to sucker new meat bring new friends into the faire experience.

It appeared that your former virgin had a good time Merlin.   He had a smile, full on, the largest part of that day.  That is what it is all about.  Just so long as he does not have to say . . .

Want a better world ?   Be a better person.

Every person is a new door to a different world.

Merlin the Elder

He was non-stop questions on the long drive home! He's already recruiting others!  :D
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Rani Zemirah

Welcome, James!  It's always nice to find new enthusiasts (or to create them!)!  :D  There is an incredible wealth of information here, and if you have questions about anything, there are lots of folks willing to offer help and/or advice!  Looking forward to seeing you in the threads!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

OrdinaryJames

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on May 18, 2011, 12:28:24 PM
Welcome, James!  It's always nice to find new enthusiasts (or to create them!)!  :D  There is an incredible wealth of information here, and if you have questions about anything, there are lots of folks willing to offer help and/or advise!  Looking forward to seeing you in the threads!

One was created. I have been a history buff for a long time, but have been neglecting that interest for quite some time, and this definitely sparked the fire again. My friend has been trying to get me to go with him to The Castle every year for at least 4 or 5 years, and I never have went until this year. I am glad I finally conceded and went, and I quickly realized what I had been missing. The mead didn't hurt the cause  :P .

I am actually quite floored at the amount of information and wonderful reads here so far. Humorous, entertaining and educational all in same place.

I'm sure I will have some questions before too long.