News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Helpful Tips for Attending TRF

Started by cincivulcan, May 19, 2011, 09:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue66669

I need me a tater now, and there ain't none here. I just can't wait for my Friday nights at Hickory Hollow with my best friends during rehearsals (which will be starting up in early August). Me and them usually see about eating our weight in chicken fried steak on Friday nights. It makes me SO HAPPY!
Blaidd Drwg

ravic

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on May 25, 2011, 02:08:26 PM
Ahhh, but Ravic's rosy-cheeked smile doesn't let on as to whether or not he's actually given in to the temptation to sample the wares of the POW, or not... but perhaps he's managed to build up a tolerance to the temptation itself, over the years!  ;)  :D 

Never pass up a temptation. It may never come your way again. (paraphrasing Heinlein)

Not supposed to drink on duty. ::koff koff:: If I can't hold to that rule, I can't hold my employees to it either. Yes I know that you are not supposed to give an order that you know will be ignored but one must try.

Been in the POW mnay times. Great Prime Rib AND the place is air conditioned/heated as needed.

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: ravic on May 25, 2011, 06:25:52 PM
Quote from: Rani Zemirah on May 25, 2011, 02:08:26 PM
Ahhh, but Ravic's rosy-cheeked smile doesn't let on as to whether or not he's actually given in to the temptation to sample the wares of the POW, or not... but perhaps he's managed to build up a tolerance to the temptation itself, over the years!  ;)  :D 

Never pass up a temptation. It may never come your way again. (paraphrasing Heinlein)

Not supposed to drink on duty. ::koff koff:: If I can't hold to that rule, I can't hold my employees to it either. Yes I know that you are not supposed to give an order that you know will be ignored but one must try.

Been in the POW mnay times. Great Prime Rib AND the place is air conditioned/heated as needed.

Well, then... you'd best remind me NOT to bring you any samples of the Loki I'm planning to attempt this year, then!  :P  ;)

Heinlein was a very wise man, indeed... 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Kett

Mmmmmm Gyros. I think TRF has the most tasty, delicious, scrumptious Gyros EVER!

Ok, I'm about to start whimpering now for lack of Gyro goodness...

maeven

*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

cincivulcan

Through this thread I have been learned so much. I've had too look up half the foods you all have  mentioned. I'm still curious about how gator tastes. Someone also told me you can get fried cactus at the Dairy Queens (still not sure if I believe it). I think this may be the best vacation ever!!  I would love to stop and say hi to you all :D 139 more days and I'll be in Houston!!

crashbot

Gator is good if it's cooked right, it can get tough if overdone.
Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices. - Voltaire

cincivulcan

crashbot

Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices. - Voltaire

cincivulcan

Rani Zemirah

But... but...  

('splody head, now...)  :o
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

cincivulcan

Lol I'll probably still try it anyway. I mean... when else am I going to have the chance to eat alligator?!

crashbot

Yeah, its pretty cool to turn the tables on them once in a while.

DonaCatalina

Quote from: cincivulcan on May 26, 2011, 01:06:02 PM
Lol I'll probably still try it anyway. I mean... when else am I going to have the chance to eat alligator?!

I love alligator. But I'll try to eat almost anything that...........and no, I'm not Cajun. Fried alligator is definitely more tender and juicy than fried chicken.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Blue66669

Yeah, it's like, dark meat chicken I think. Only, not LOL!
Blaidd Drwg