News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Helpful Tips for Attending TRF

Started by cincivulcan, May 19, 2011, 09:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-:-Juju-:-

Quote from: maeven on May 24, 2011, 09:06:22 PM
The fried mushrooms on a stick are really good-I get them every time I go!

LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVEEE the mushrooms!  I only just discovered them this last season, thanks to Kelly (The pink mistress on TRF French Court).

I've learned to try and shy away from the messy foods, but sadly those are the BEST. Gyros and Empanadas are good..unless they are running down your leg and falling in your bodice! Fairy weekend (1001 Dreams) my poor fairy costume took quite a beating thanks to a Gyro >.<

Ahem. ARE WE FAIRE YET!!!?? Hurry up, October!!!
"To Err is Human. To ARRR is Pirate"
Time flies when yer havin' rum!
McLotofus | PhoenixRisen | GearheadGamerGeekGirl

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Had a Gyro do a number on my Blackwatch kilt...  >:(  i was so pissed i finished eating it just to show it who was boss.  ;D

*it was exceptionally tasty*
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: -:-Juju-:- on May 26, 2011, 04:18:52 PM
Quote from: maeven on May 24, 2011, 09:06:22 PM
The fried mushrooms on a stick are really good-I get them every time I go!

LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVEEE the mushrooms!  I only just discovered them this last season, thanks to Kelly (The pink mistress on TRF French Court).

I've learned to try and shy away from the messy foods, but sadly those are the BEST. Gyros and Empanadas are good..unless they are running down your leg and falling in your bodice! Fairy weekend (1001 Dreams) my poor fairy costume took quite a beating thanks to a Gyro >.<

Ahem. ARE WE FAIRE YET!!!?? Hurry up, October!!!

Ahhh... but getting all cleaned up again can be... interesting... if you have some help, anyway!  ;)  :D

And I agree wholeheartedly!!!  It needs to be October, already!!! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

maeven

*checks calendar* Oh, come on already!!!!!!!
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

balletboot

What is the best vegetarian/preferably vegan food at TRF? Any recommendations?

Rani Zemirah

I'm pretty sure there are a couple of places in the Agora (the Greek quarter) that have vegetarian plates, although I couldn't promise vegan, because I haven't looked that closely. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: balletboot on May 30, 2011, 04:36:24 PM
What is the best vegetarian/preferably vegan food at TRF? Any recommendations?

The TRF website lists all the food vendors and such.  I know there are some gluten free, peanut free type of items at The Queens Pantry and I believe they have vegetarian items.  The pantry is to your right as you enter the gates.  In the Spanish area you will find fresh fruits and such.  And like Rani said, The Agora has some tasty items.  I don't know much about what is vegetarian vs. vegan but you should be able to find lots of yummies. :)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Glaodian

The beer and ale is vegan, right?   ;D
--+ Glaodian +--
aka "Gman"
Si vis pacem para bellum

brier patch charlie

Beer, yes Beer! Bread in a bottle!
Charles Coleman

Molden

Feeling th' gravitational pull of a prime rib trencher at Prince of Wales...all the way in North Carolina!  ;)

Speaking of, it feels hot enough today to be opening weekend at TRF! LOL!
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Lady Laura

Strawberries (and other fruit) on a stick.
"Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk."
-Sir Francis Chichester

FaeHollow

Eat the royal Hamburg in the German area! Yum! (obviously not addressed to the vegan lol)

Also the monte cristo is awesome it is down France way and I am fond of the loaded BBQ baked potatoes near the globe.

As far as vegetarian choices I know Queens Pantry has veggie wraps that are delicious. There are fruit plates down the lane you walk down if you hook a left when you come in the gate... that is also where they have the chocolate covered cheesecake!

If you can get over to the empanada stand in SPain and try a banana empanada... yummy!

Leigh

Rani Zemirah

Fae, do you know if you'll be back there again this year?
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

FaeHollow

Well I haven't bee formally asked back yet. They haven't sent out Performance Co. contracts yet... but if they do send me one yes I will be back and I'm pretty sure they would keep me over in Germany... but you never know! :P
Leigh

Rani Zemirah

I hope so!  We never did get to get back there and see you in your nest, and Scally and I were both bummed to have missed it!  We'll make a point of finding you this year, though!  ;)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede