News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Huzzah to your faire

Started by Gauwyn of Bracknell, May 19, 2011, 11:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We really enjoyed ourselves last Saturday - too bad the weather was not so cooperative, but hey, we were at faire anyway!

Your grounds were really great and cast very cordial and gracious - great King and Queen.

We did not get to see a lot of shows, but stayed Friday at a hotel with Elvendrums and liked their show.  Saw 3 pints gone and bits and pieces of other shows and ate some great food.  Spent a lot-o-time at the pubs staying dry and conversing.

One point - we really messed up on parking - came in the gate that said parking and parked way up on the hill - wondered why there was not many cars, but with the rain??  Then walked all the way down only to discover much closer parking - aarrghhhh!  Will remember next year  :(

We will definetly put this faire on our list to attend each year.

Grammercy!!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Once Debauched

I do so hope you can make it next year as I'd love to be able to spend more time chatting and not so much wondering why my 6 year old daughter looks so natural sitting at the pub bar (genetics?) or running off to the privy, or to get food or trying to stay dry or...  well you understand!

I already have the favors I meant to give you put away for safe keeping.

:-)

IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Once Debauched on May 23, 2011, 03:27:16 PM
I do so hope you can make it next year as I'd love to be able to spend more time chatting and not so much wondering why my 6 year old daughter looks so natural sitting at the pub bar (genetics?) or running off to the privy, or to get food or trying to stay dry or...  well you understand!

We are already planning to return next year.  Do you attend any other faires?  We also are looking at your pirate fest.

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Once Debauched

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on May 23, 2011, 08:07:05 PM
Quote from: Once Debauched on May 23, 2011, 03:27:16 PM

We are already planning to return next year.  Do you attend any other faires?  We also are looking at your pirate fest.

I don't usually attend any other faires.  I have made the trek to the one day faire in Jeff City, but found it hard the kidlette.  Of course now that she's a few years older it opens up many more opportunities.

Pirate Fest is smaller than faire in that there's fewer patrons, vendors and performance acts, but it grows each year.  I believe this will be it's... 6th? year.

I'll be out there at some point, just never sure when!
IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

Butch

Had a FANTASTIC time on Memorial Day!  Saw Lord and Lady Alberton, Amy J and Bob, Cap't Hunnar Greybeard and the Mrs, FINALLY met Lady Renee Buchanan and her hubby, and had a very nice conversation with Act2Redux.

Sincerely enjoyed the acts we saw.  The Les Amis de Lyon SHOULD NOT BE PASSED UP!!  If you go to this faire, pay the extra couple of bucks for Les Amis!  They even have a shaded place on the jousting field!

Had previously met the president of this year's SLRF organization (not quite sure of his title), had caught him and the rest of Corsets and Codpieces at a few venues last year.  Was really glad to speak with them at their own home faire!

Elvendrums was their usual witty selves.  Really like their leading lady's attitude!

3 Pints Gone was fantastic as usual!

Many thanks again for having such a great faire!  We shall return next year!