News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Lost my R/f pin

Started by sir oswyn dagworth, June 15, 2008, 10:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sir oswyn dagworth

My R/f fell off of my favor sadh at some point yesterday while at faire. If anyone finds a loose R/F pin it's likely mine. I spent most of my time at the camper and pub.
Smack'n M"Crack
Oculus Nox Clan O'Patrick
Prince Oswyn Dagworth consort to Anne Queen of Denmark

Scotsman

Crap ... that thing could be anywhere ... you were bouncing off everything Saturday  ;D

... I know, I know ... I'm a bastard!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

~pixie~

Sorry you lost your pin.  All I found yesterday was a green favor ribbon with a small gold shoe attached.  Not sure whose that was so I left it lay on my end of the pub table where it first appeared. 

One day a few years ago at the MD KOA a guy behind the counter recognized my IWG pin and asked me if I wanted another..someone had dropped hers in the KOA office.  I said I'd take it and took it back to faire where the guild mistress was able to ID it by it's number and contact the wench who lost it.  She showed up at my cabin door that night to say thanks.  What a nice way to meet a sister wench!

I hope yours turns up.

Does varf have a lost & found?  I lost a really nice marbled onyx stone goblet a couple of weeks ago.  Just kind of wrote it off as gone.
~ Pixie ~
the wicked wench
Rose Seller VARF
IWG #785 Local 42 MDRF
aka: Gold'n Penny
Irish Penny Brigade - Clan White

Scotsman

I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to start engraving the back of some of these thing in hopes that it turns up and gets returned ... I may do just that. I know one thing we do is sew the important pins to the favor swatch so there is redundant security.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

lowlandscot

Quote from: ~pixie~ on June 16, 2008, 08:12:20 AM
Does varf have a lost & found?  I lost a really nice marbled onyx stone goblet a couple of weeks ago.  Just kind of wrote it off as gone.

VARF does have a Lost and Found, but I'm not sure who's in charge of what's left after the faire ends. You might try contacting Meredith (GoldenGoose on thiis board) -- she's the business manager.

aidenoffairfax

Not sure who is responsible for the lost and found box. When we broke down the site, the lost and found box was stored in the "ticket booth"... didn't notice any goblets though. Found a whip, feathers, a leather mask and some really random stuff, but no mugs or goblets. Sorry. Good luck though.
Please go ahead and clear your throats... the hack has arrived!

Peddlin

Dear Sir -

Alas, we did check the lost and found on our way out of the gate yesterday, but unfortunately, they had seen no sign of your R/F pin. We did mention it to Master James, and he promised to let us know, if it shows up during the after closing chaos.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

~pixie~

Quote from: aidenoffairfax on June 16, 2008, 10:36:25 AM
Not sure who is responsible for the lost and found box. When we broke down the site, the lost and found box was stored in the "ticket booth"... didn't notice any goblets though. Found a whip, feathers, a leather mask and some really random stuff, but no mugs or goblets. Sorry. Good luck though.

interesting combination of stuff.  that's all i gotta say on that.  <grin>
~ Pixie ~
the wicked wench
Rose Seller VARF
IWG #785 Local 42 MDRF
aka: Gold'n Penny
Irish Penny Brigade - Clan White

sir oswyn dagworth

No big deal, I'll just get another. Thanks to all who looked for it.
Smack'n M"Crack

sir oswyn dagworth

I was certainly feeling it when we went to fair. That'll happen when you let Scotsman keep tabs on your mug. I wasn't as bad off as Gimli though.

Quote from: Scotsman on June 16, 2008, 06:30:11 AM
Crap ... that thing could be anywhere ... you were bouncing off everything Saturday  ;D

... I know, I know ... I'm a bastard!
Smack'n M"Crack

Master James

Yeah I looked for that and the missing M'Crack pin but no luck.  The Lost and Found box is not kept at the end of the year from what I know.  Its sorted through after the faire ends and unless people know of something missing and Meredith has been alerted, like the R/F pin and M'Crack pin, it is put out for anyone who wants it and then the rest is trashed if its not worth adding to the faire props as far as I know.  Sorry guys.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

sir oswyn dagworth

No big deal, I've ordered another one. Thanks for looking.
Smack'n M"Crack

GoldenGoose

Sadly, it never showed up in Lost and Found. I do go through it carefully at the end and hang on to anything that we might be able to track down to its owner. A M'Crack Pin...well, I know how to find YOU guys!

Meredith