News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Houston Comic Con aka Comicpalooza! May 27-29

Started by -:-Juju-:-, May 25, 2011, 01:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyJessica

The hubby and I will be there on Saturday!
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

dbaldock

I'm thinking of heading to Comicpalooza during mid-day on Saturday, on my way up to Conroe to see some TRF friends in Oliver! on Saturday evening.

Are DSLR Cameras allowed in to Comicpalooza?

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

JackGonzo, MD

May make an appearance on Sunday, going to NorCal Pirate Festival in June so my money is going towards that.
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Breandan

I know not of this "Comicpalooza" thing of which you speak, tis unknown to me :P

hehehe ;)
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: Breandan on May 25, 2011, 11:56:26 PM
I know not of this "Comicpalooza" thing of which you speak, tis unknown to me :P

hehehe ;)

Oh, brother...  ::)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Shandi

I'll be there all three days. I'm face painting and planning on attending a few things :)
"Chase the Morning" "Yield for Nothing!"

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Dang... is all of the Houston chapter of R/F going to be there?  :D
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Zardoz

Quote from: Laird Fraser of Lovatt on May 26, 2011, 08:07:24 AM
Dang... is all of the Houston chapter of R/F going to be there?  :D

Nope,  I'll be at work.  To be honest, they'd need some more interesting (to me) celeb guests to get me in there with the cost of tickets and parking there being what they are.
With a gun show and Comicpalooza at the same time, the GRB should be 'interesting' though  ::)
Have fun parking!
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

Rani Zemirah

But Zardoz, our very own Breandan will be there introducing his his newly published roll playing game, Dark Nova, and touting the novels he has coming out right now, as well, which are set in the same Universe as his game!!!  Surely going out to support one of our own is well worth the price if admission!?!   

I know I'd be there if I could!!! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

ravic

Would love to be there but alas no dinero. My stepdaughter went to her boyfriend's prom this last weekend and well....

High School is expensive. ::sigh::

Rani Zemirah

Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Breandan

Unfortunately the paychecks-of-jack at the printers shipped the books a day late, and UPS is taking seven days to deliver instead of four. So, no books for sale this weekend. I'll still be at the table with Jeff with artwork from the game, on two panels, and we'll be running demo games all three days. I still have the PDF format on my laptop, and might burn off a few disks of that for sale, but our boss is still very uncomfortable with the possibility of it winding up all over the internet.
Schedule-
Table 13 in Artist's Alley
Friday, 27 May: Noon - 1:00PM, 2:30PM-4 or 5ish
Saturday, 28 May: 10:00AM - 6:00PM, unless I am running Sat's game, in which case 2:30PM-6ish
Sunday, 29 May: 10:00AM - 1:00PM, 2:30PM - 6ish

Panels-
Real Science in Science Fiction, Friday 1:00–2:00 pm • Room 310 D
Sci-fi What? Fantasy Who?, Sunday 1:00–2:00 pm • Room 320 E

Games-
Outpost 13 mission, Friday 7:00PM-Midnight, run by me
Outpost 13 mission, Saturday 10:00AM-2:00PM, run by Ken unless something *coughhangovercough* comes up
Outpost 13 mission, Sunday 10:00AM-2:00PM, run by Ken
Free-form games, as they spontaneously happen.
These will be in rooms 370, 371, or 372, check in with room 370 for specific location, since I don't even know.
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Did you request that table number or just lucky that way?  ;)
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

-:-Juju-:-

Whew!

Schedule updated to here.

How many of y'al will be Hotelling it? I will be at the Hilton starting Friday till Sunday afternoon, and hoping to find all the cool after parties that the Fan Groups throw at the hotel! :D

I considered trying to see if everyone wanted to attempt an R/F meet up at some point during the day, but methinks it would be ten times more difficult than the cat herding at Faire...so I scratched that idea.  Hehe...get it? CAT herding...SCRATCH... /snortlaugh.

*Squeeeeeee!!* I'm so excited!! SO much work to do on my costume, so little time left, but SO worth the stress and late hours working.

Will any of y'all be dressing up/Cosplaying?

Thought i'd share the character i'm attempting to replicate:

This is Isabela, the fiery Pirate/Rogue from Dragon Age 2

"To Err is Human. To ARRR is Pirate"
Time flies when yer havin' rum!
McLotofus | PhoenixRisen | GearheadGamerGeekGirl