News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wild Rose Renaissance Faire

Started by TiaLD77, August 12, 2008, 08:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xantrawler

Just a few more hours and we will be on the way. Camera batteries all charged. Garb laid out. veggies and fruits to munch on (Long drive both ways) being cut and chilled. sending threatening letter to weatherman to make sure we have nice weather. See you all tomorrow.

Rahne

One weekend left.  We have Live from the Pirate Isles,  Comedy danger fire show
Axel The Sot naughty songs, by the original drunken sailor
The Plunder Dogs Irish music and sea shanties
Rogues of Rafferty celtic duo
The Viking Home Companion,  fun stories of going viking
The Hanged Man interactive game for the kids
Flying Carpet Tales, tell stories and have pupets and costumes for the kids to dress up in and play with
The Naughty Bawdy Babes. Acapella singing duo with amazing voices.
And this week for our final weekend we will be welcoming back Shattered Shakespeare performing Romeo and Julliette.
Come out and see us for our final weekend of this years run. 
"Don't part with your illusions.
When they are gone, you may still exist, but you have ceased to live"
Mark Twain

Xantrawler

The first weekend was lots of fun, even if Mother Nature tried to change the theme to the Wizard of Oz. We had a great time and I thought the cast did a wonderful job. The only thing is this loyal subject to the crown of England was disappointed that we didn't have a good old fashion witch burning. I do have to respect a man that honorers his word and I would have fought for her. That day. lol
Good job and I am hoping we can make it for last day.

Rahne

Would love to see you again,  We have done a little tweeking and the final battle is even better.
Mark Twain

Xantrawler

We all have had a fine time at this faire. I would highly recommend this to anyone. They may be a small faire, but they have lots going on; great cast, great vendors and great shows. The cast and performers make you feel like family. If anyone can make it next year I would suggest you go, I know we will be there.

Rahne

Thanks so much.  We loved having you and your family visit our festival.  We had a pretty good run.  It was our first year with a human chess match and many of our cast were first year faire cast.  Some of them were also fairly new to combat, all in all it went very well with only a few very minor injuries.  We had our wrap up meeting for the season today, and will begin planning for next year next month.  We greatly appreciate you support and interest in our festival and look forward to seeing you and your family next hear.  Hip Hip Huzzah!
Mark Twain

Xantrawler

Glad to hear you all are looking forward tot he future. Let the dear Joan know that I haven't forgot her and I will get the video to her as soon as possible. It is just taking longer than planed. Presently working 56+ hours a week. Dam sick people anyways why do they always have to call for a medic? lol I go on vacation in two weeks may be able to work on it then. A nice relaxing time at the video editor is joust what the medic ordered. Oh and that week the cell phone will be sitting somewhere where I can't hear it. lol The page shut in the drawer the portable radio in the basement and I will be hiding in the closet.

Xantrawler

Bump.
Just wanted to jump it up into everyones eyes as the time is drawing close. this is a small faire with a big heart. Looking forward to June. Good luck everyone.

Rahne

We will be running the first 3 weekends in June again.  We will have the Plunder Doggs all three weekends.  Live from the Pirate Isles all three weekends,  The Naught Bawdy Babes all three weekends.  Rogues of Rafferty 2nd and thrird weekend and Axel the Sot the final weekend.  Hope to see some familiar faces again this year!
Mark Twain