News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Court Jester Shoes

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, May 31, 2011, 04:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

Does anyone know who makes jester shoes?  The ones with the curled up in front toes?  Thanks for any suggestions.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

McGuinness

Native Earth sells some. I know people who have gotten boots and other shoes from them and love them, but not the jester or gypsy shoes (the curly-toes styles).

http://www.nativearth.net/period.html

Dinobabe

For the life of me I can't remember what it's called, but my grandma used this "paper" molding stuff to make jester shoes.  Sculpty?  Worked really great.  It dries (maybe you put it in the oven?) very hard and you can paint it or whatever.  Maybe someone can help?
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

BubbleWright

"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Lady Kett

Lady Renee Buchanan

Thanks to everyone for their quick replies.  I'll pass this on to my friend.  I don't know his price range, so some of these may be too pricey, if he needs to custom order to get his colors.  But I'll pass these on and let him make the call.

If anyone knows anymore, I'll look back to see any updates.

Thanks again!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Butch

I actually modified some of my son's used sneakers for jester shoes a few years back.  Pretty easy, didn't need a pattern.  Just made 4 left and right sides , sewed them together and left the bottoms open.  Stuffed the toes, inserted the shoes, and then glued the fabric onto the bottom (sole) of the shoe.  Glued a piece of leather onto the bottom for a new sole.  Finished the toes with a bell.

They lasted quite a few seasons, and the only cost was about a half yard of fabric (we already had the bells, the leather and the contact cement).  The fit was beautiful, as they were broken in sneakers.

Something to think about.

Good luck!

Rowan MacD

That's a great idea!
  I would stick with the Halloween sites or make your own if they are only going to be used a time or two.

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

BLAKDUKE

No need for custom making at expensive prices.

WWW.ARMSTREET.COM has ED-ZACHARY-WHAT-YOU-ARE-ROOKING-FOR.

PRICE WAS $69.00 WHEN I BOUGHT THEM A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO.

I dressed them up a bit but they are so comfortable.

However do not make the same mistake I did, if you need extra width ask for it.   
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel