News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Shepherd's Crook

Started by Koshiba, June 04, 2011, 09:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koshiba

My sister's faire persona is a shepherd. She's got my plaid bodice (that doesn't fit me quite right, darn my high waist) on perma-loan, and I also hooked her up with a straw hat with flowers around the brim and knit her a sheep that she carries with her. Ideally her next accessory add-on would be a shepherd's crook, but I'm not quite sure where to look. An Ebay search turned up a few results, but they were mostly plastic Halloween pieces.

Anyone know where we could find a (preferably wooden) shepherd's crook? Or alternatively, how we could make one? She's only 16, so her funds are pretty limited. :/

gem

Sheepman Supply has one for $12.75 (plus shipping).

Koshiba

That's perfect, thanks so much! We went with the plain one for $14 & shipping.  ;D

Scotty Hunter

When in doubt, check livestock catalogs. :p 

They have a very nice (albeit a bit expensive) brass bell, in case her little knit sheep has a habit of wandering off. ;D
~May the leaves of your life-tree never turn brown.~

Koshiba

Isabel already has a bell, but your concern is noted and appreciated. ;D Just a cheap one from Michael's, but it's got a nice little chingly sound. =)

Scotty Hunter

Oh very good!!  I know how those naughty little lambies like to wonder off as soon as they see greener clover. :D

Isabel is too cute... I just want to snuggle her!
~May the leaves of your life-tree never turn brown.~

Koshiba

She's fairly well-behaved, but even the best sheep can get a little distracted...

I made her up on the fly and was very happy with how she came out (except her rear, which is sort of football shaped, but that's hidden some by her tail). There's a booth at our faire near the archery range where they sell marshmallow catapults. They have a little battle sheep figure as a mascot and were quite chuffed with Isabel, it was fun. =)