News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

St Molden's Weekend 2012

Started by Welsh Wench, June 01, 2011, 07:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Molden

LOL! Doing that right now...found a needed repair on the black shirt. Making my in-famous Titos/Jolly Rancher goody to share. And continuing prep. SO looking forward to th' adventure I am!

*Warning! - Due to logistical challenges, My Darlin' Lady Mikayla won't be with me this year. That's right kids...El Lobo Solo! While I'll miss My Sugarz - all warnings, disclaimers, and denials will be in FULL effect!  ;D
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Welsh Wench

Quote from: Molden on March 05, 2012, 11:54:31 AM
*Warning! - Due to logistical challenges, My Darlin' Lady Mikayla won't be with me this year. That's right kids...El Lobo Solo! While I'll miss My Sugarz - all warnings, disclaimers, and denials will be in FULL effect!  ;D

The goose on the morning of Monday, March 19th---

And here he thought he had seen it all.......
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Captain Jack Wolfe

Molden's fan club has already started their road trip...
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Molden

By the by... Likely as not, I'll be in Tampa on Thursday night (near Faire and Busch Gardens)... I'm lookin' for an easy vibe, maybe a friend or two or more, to just "kick it", bs, knock back some cocktails and good, simple area grub.

Suggestions? Ideas?
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

ShadowWraith

Tia's is always good....you ate there last year, if I recall....Trang Viet, is a little hole-in-the-wall vietnamese place heading back towards the highway on the right hand side. Kinda sparse, but the food is phenominal if'n you like vietnamese cooking. There are more restaurants and chill points more towards faire.

Molden

Thanks. I've been to both and the Vietnamese place was great. Just checking to see if in the Tampa area, if there are other spots to chill and kick it with friends - to expand my options. I do dig hole-in-the-walls/dives - as long as the vibe and food are noteworthy.
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Kate

Seamus and I are coming back from St. Augustine on Thursday and we wanna hang! Let me know what you're in the mood for and we'll find a perfect place! :)
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Molden

I asked the same question on facebook - so far Skipper's Smokehouse, The Refinery and The Independent have been suggested.

Right now, Skipper's Smokehouse is looking like a front runner for next Thursday...but everything is open. If ya'll have something better let us know.

Also - looking into a spot for Friday night. Feel free to suggest here or on facebook. I'll check both.

Not looking for anything fancy, just a good easy going place to knock back some cocktails and visit leisurely with friends. Good food and good vibes are sought.  8)

Clarification Y'all - I am talking about NEXT Thursday 3/15. I don't want to hose any activities that the M'Cracks have set for this week in your area.  :P
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

ShadowWraith

Friday would be good for either the Refinery or the Independant. Money is tight, but I could convince the wife to come with too.

Also, i would be remiss if I didn't mention my new favorite bar on Nebraska off of Sligh: It's called the Mermaid Tavern. Great place, nice and simple outdoor area, dog friendly, and has Milk Stout. Yum! And it's like a block away from my house.  ;D

Molden

Thanks! Does the Mermaid serve food? Just curious... I started looking online, it seems to get a lot of love for the beers - but can't find reference to food offerings.
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Kate

Keep us updated, Molden. I will PM you my cell number. Text with updates! :) Can't wait to see you!
Kate
Pink'n Penny

ShadowWraith

Alas, I fear you're right. I do not believe that the Mermaid serves food.

Captain Jack Wolfe

"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Molden

and I'll wager ye'll win Jacky! Ye be flyin' y' are. I'm driving down Thursday morning getting there in the afternoon.

On other stuff - I believe we're sticking with Skipper's Smokehouse on Thursday evening/night. I have no idea at all what's up on Friday night...think I'll leave that to the "fates" and just go where I'm told that evening. You know me and that "planning" stuff...better left to others sez I.  ;)
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Captain Jack Wolfe

And you know me well enough that I wouldn't wager a race unless I had it rigged!  My boarding pass is in hand, now to finish packing and clearing up the last few chores.

See you Saturday, my friend. Safe travels!