News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Medieval Mystery?

Started by Eric of Lyon, June 01, 2011, 12:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric of Lyon

Has anyone here read any of the Crispin Guest medieval noir mystery series by Jeri Westerson? Reading the books has got me to thinking it might be fun to stage or participate in a medieval mystery dinner or event coinciding sometime around this year's Ren Fest.   Does anyone know of such an event?  Murder mystery dinners seem popular but I've not heard of one with a medieval/Renaissance theme?  As I'm pushing 50, my days of fantasizing about participating in a good joust are behind me.  Settling for a good mystery is more about my speed these days. :)
Fare thee Well.
-Eric of Lyon

Bob of the Lake

Sounds like a great idea, Eric. I've always enjoyed the Brother Cadfael books by Ellis Peters. They definitely fit the medieval mystery category although I don't know how they would come off as dinner theater. Worth thinking about though!
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Eric of Lyon

My wife and I loved the Cadfael with Derek Jacobi as Cadfael. I'll have to track down the books and give them a read.
Fare thee Well.
-Eric of Lyon

Celtic Lady

In '09 they had a murder mystery theme at the Feast of Fantasy. It was fun.

Eric of Lyon

Quote from: Celtic Lady on June 01, 2011, 09:02:13 PM
In '09 they had a murder mystery theme at the Feast of Fantasy. It was fun.

That would be cool. In 30 years, I've yet to go to one of the Feasts. 
Fare thee Well.
-Eric of Lyon

Bob of the Lake

Quote from: Eric of Lyon on June 01, 2011, 04:45:48 PM
My wife and I loved the Cadfael with Derek Jacobi as Cadfael. I'll have to track down the books and give them a read.

Yeah, I really liked those too! I wish there had been more episodes in the series. I heartily recommend the books--there are are around 20 Cadfael mysteries altogether. I'm sure you'd enjoy them.
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel