News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Ladies' Pirate Garb

Started by Koshiba, June 03, 2011, 04:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Betty Munro

I don't know how you "do pirate" with no weapons.  I wear fancy bodices and standard circle skirts,  but it becomes pirate when accessorized with 3 pistols, 2 swords, a dagger, a bodice dagger, and a large mug (for rum of course!).  I'd look like a plain wench without my weapons. 

I agree with Adriana, brighter colors!  I'd love to see it with a red silky skirt tucked up high in front to show off your boots, and a white chemise to contrast with that gorgeous bodice.

isabelladangelo

Quote from: gem on September 17, 2011, 04:48:48 PM
Ok, buccaneers! I need a little help upgrading my pirate kit. Milord gave me this wool frock coat for Christmas, and I love it (it was 54 degrees and RAINING today, and I was warm and toasty in my wool coat! ;D), and I'm fine with the hat... but I don't love anything else about this:

I need ideas for a new chemise (perhaps something less voluminous, so I can wear it tucked into breeches), bodice or waistcoat, breeches or hosen, etc. We have a no weapons policy at our fair, so cutlasses and pistols are out, alas! My boots are very practical, but I'd happily entertain suggestions for alternatives.

Ideas?

Gramercy!!

(BTW, as an update to my previous post, we stopped in at the HD booth on an early weekend this season, and I am happy to say we were treated very respectfully, and the staff was enthusiastic and helpful to the other customers there, and not at all surly or impatient. Such a nice change from previous years! We may renew our custom with them. Milord has always liked their pants.)

I'm going to go against the others and say a nice cream colored ladies' waistcoat would be lovely as well as some new britches. I'd made the leg puffier, like later 18th c pants; and add cute buttons to the pant cuffs at the knee.   

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Nom0LLxPPG0/SahqQULXINI/AAAAAAAABBc/RmuNu4OI8Nc/s400/18th+Century+Embroidery002.jpg

Something like either one of those (not quilted, of course) would work well beneath your nice frock coat.  You will need a pair of 18th c stays but I think you have a pair?

Butch

Maybe an nice baldric strung from your shoulder?  Not actually carrying a sword, but suggesting that you DO carry one.

Adriana Rose

Cream would be great too it would set off the brown very well. Good call  ;D

Lady Renee Buchanan

My newest pirate garb that I wore for the first time to Bristol over the labor day weekend.

A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Betty Munro

Aaarrrgh!  There be pyrates afoot! 
Well done Lady Renee!  You don't even need weapons!
I LOVE the bloomers from the peak we can see.