News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Garb

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, June 15, 2008, 03:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

OK just my my new garb on Thursday night and wore it to CoRFthis weekend. It was made from a forum member. If you want to know who, ren mail me

NOT my favorite picture of me and my necklace was out of center and my chemice wanted to creep up

With my friend Victoria who is one of the Colorado Rogues.

With Toki in his new Ravenswood leather Jerkin, Hat, Shirt and his CABOOTS OH and Yes I am still naturally taller than him even with his boots on.

"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Aelwyn

Beautiful! 

I also adore your parasol! :)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*
Find me on Facebook as Aelwyn Daeira
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Absolutely stunning, Lady D!!!
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Lady Renee Buchanan

As I mentioned in other threads, you look fantastic!

Definitely a gown fit for a queen!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Amyj

Wow!!  Very nice!  You look so regal!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Cloverpogue

rockin' the burgundy! my favourite color. :)
Beautiful gown.
~The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves~ Keeper of the Pirate Joe Bear, Capn'Car'nage, Mistress of Mischief~

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Lady D you look BEAUTIFUL! The gown is you. ;)
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Taffy Saltwater

Exquisite - my compliments to you and your dress maker.
Sveethot!

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Thank you everyone who has posted the nice comments

I know my seamstress is beaming as she freaquents this forum often and I know she reads these posts. I would mention her, but I want to keep to forum rules.

I really appreciate all the poitive comments. I have a low self esteem and all this makes me feel better.

Thanks again
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

volans

That dress is gooooooorgeous! omg. black and maroon/burgundy/redish is my favorite combination. uuugh so pretty. I want! haha. And I second the parasol comment, it's amazing. Where'd you get it?
I sat watching a flower
as it was withering
I was embarrassed by it's honesty

renren

Quote from: Taffy Saltwater on June 16, 2008, 06:15:46 PM
Exquisite - my compliments to you and your dress maker.

Gotta agree!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

"The Metal Maiden"

Anna Iram

Lady Delaney you look lovely. It's a pleasure seeing all the bit's and pieces you've been inquiring about all come together!

TKM

it was made FROM a forum member? wow... i didnt know one peice of human flesh could yeild so much fabric

Master James

Absolutely beautiful.  I love the color combination and the billiment is exquisite.  It looks like you got your French Hood issue resolved too because it looks great on you.  Congratulations!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady Anna

:o  How beautiful!!!!  My god you must have been burning up in those sleeves but I am sure they were worth the price. Absolutely gorgeous!!!
Lady Anna

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Renisancegirl on June 18, 2008, 07:02:33 PM
:o  How beautiful!!!!  My god you must have been burning up in those sleeves but I am sure they were worth the price. Absolutely gorgeous!!!

It really wasn't that bad heat wise. And that in 90+ degree Colorado heat. You get used to it and the sweat helps cool the body. I had more issues with the weight of the sleeves. My arms were dead tired after the day. And I'm used to hauling PC's around at work by hand.

So not really that hot so to speak and my arms were not that sweaty when I took it off.
"The Metal Maiden"

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: TKM on June 18, 2008, 06:31:23 PM
it was made FROM a forum member? wow... i didnt know one peice of human flesh could yeild so much fabric

LOL I would  think my seamstress would say she put a ton of herself into this dress, thus yeilding many yards of fabric. LOL
"The Metal Maiden"

Kate XXXXXX

What a lovely dress.  I particularly love those big furry cuffs!   ;D ;D Gorgeous!

Kate XXXXXX

[quote/

LOL I would  think my seamstress would say she put a ton of herself into this dress, thus yeilding many yards of fabric. LOL
[/quote]

Anyone who sews garb for any era knows THAT story!  I always say everything is made with blood, sweat, tears - and cat fluff!   ;D

jinx

Absolutely stunning!  You look gorgeous, and my most sincere compliments to the seamstress.  It all came together so beautifully, and that colour really suits you well.
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.