News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Garb

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, June 15, 2008, 03:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Anna

:o  How beautiful!!!!  My god you must have been burning up in those sleeves but I am sure they were worth the price. Absolutely gorgeous!!!
Lady Anna

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Renisancegirl on June 18, 2008, 07:02:33 PM
:o  How beautiful!!!!  My god you must have been burning up in those sleeves but I am sure they were worth the price. Absolutely gorgeous!!!

It really wasn't that bad heat wise. And that in 90+ degree Colorado heat. You get used to it and the sweat helps cool the body. I had more issues with the weight of the sleeves. My arms were dead tired after the day. And I'm used to hauling PC's around at work by hand.

So not really that hot so to speak and my arms were not that sweaty when I took it off.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: TKM on June 18, 2008, 06:31:23 PM
it was made FROM a forum member? wow... i didnt know one peice of human flesh could yeild so much fabric

LOL I would  think my seamstress would say she put a ton of herself into this dress, thus yeilding many yards of fabric. LOL
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Kate XXXXXX

What a lovely dress.  I particularly love those big furry cuffs!   ;D ;D Gorgeous!

Kate XXXXXX

[quote/

LOL I would  think my seamstress would say she put a ton of herself into this dress, thus yeilding many yards of fabric. LOL
[/quote]

Anyone who sews garb for any era knows THAT story!  I always say everything is made with blood, sweat, tears - and cat fluff!   ;D

jinx

Absolutely stunning!  You look gorgeous, and my most sincere compliments to the seamstress.  It all came together so beautifully, and that colour really suits you well.
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.