News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Vardo-a-go-go; The Gypsy Wagon Project

Started by Scotty Hunter, June 07, 2011, 12:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keno

I know this is alittle old but love the idea.  Im saving up right now to fund building mine.  I'm making mine alot bigger to travel around with to faires.  I'm also going to try to hide most of the modern features into the design of the wagon.
This years travels 2013

Performing
Travelers Cross Faire in Strang, Oklahoma

Vending
Iowa Renaissance Festival in Amana Colonies, Iowa
Iowa-Minnesota Pirate Festival in Clear Lake, Iowa
Des Moines Renaissance Faire in Des Moines, iowa

Rani Zemirah

Keno... this really IS an old topic, but still one very close to my own heart!  There is a couple who have built at least two of these, with some very modern, yet completely hidden, conveniences that absolutely make the concept of the modern Gypsy vardo pop-up completely feasible!  On the first page of this topic there is this link to their pages, and the journey through the building process is laid out almost step-by-step in photos!  It's truly inspiring! 

Modified to add:

Oh, yes... I particularly love the link to Rachel's 2nd vardo!  Partly because of the innovations of the gas lift arms for the top, but mostly for the decor, I believe, since that is very much my own "style"...  lol
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

BLAKDUKE

Well I guess I should apologize for not following thru sooner on the Gypsy Wagon pictures that I promised over a year ago(page 2 of this thread).  I just got around taking the pictures today.  I will download them sometime today and try to get them uploaded.  Please bear with me.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

BLAKDUKE

Well finally as promised I have the photos ready for view.........

Ahhhh  how is it done.   I see no  attachment link that brings up anything to attach photos. 

below here it says attachments but when I click on it, it just blinks at me and does nothing

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I believe you have to post the pictures to an outside site (like Shutterfly or Photobucket) and then inset the links to that URL in your forum post.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rani Zemirah

Yes... it's exactly as Gauwyn said.  They first have to go onto another website, and then they can be linked here.  You have to use a web address as the link.  I have discovered how to link photos from facebook, even...  :D 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

BLAKDUKE

http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/blakduke/library/Gypsy%20Wagon?sort=3&page=1

I suppose that photobucket is easier if you use it alot. I found it quite cumbersome.

This the Gypsy Wagon that I spoke of a loooooonnng  time ago.  As I stated earlier in this thread it is expensive and it is unlikely that he will come down on it.  But it is unique and if someone had the skills to re-do it,  it would be fantastic.

Rowan MacD

Blakduke-If you want the photo to show here instead of the link:
  In PB below the picture, you can copy the IMG file and copy it here.
  The photo will appear on preview, so that you know you did it correctly.   I agree-PB is cumbersome.
   You have to save your pictures there, then copy the script over here to show a pic 'real time'.   That's how I have my profile pic.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Rani Zemirah

Oh, how sad that it's wheels have been removed, and it is being used to store old junk.  :(  Some sanding, some paint and some axle grease and it would be ready for the road again! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede