News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Officially Unoffical Photo Thread for 2011

Started by Celtic Rune Stones, June 12, 2011, 11:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francisco Paula

For those that want to see the pics i took all year go here https://picasaweb.google.com/hikadaf and you will see the different folders for the days i went.

Enjoy, take what you want.

Norfolk

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on August 04, 2011, 09:47:38 AM
Next year, hell.  why wait?  I say we all sneak up there while they are all in pittsburg and open the show ourselves.   

Count me in!!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Francisco Paula

Bahlien

Edit : Hey look pictures.... some photographer kept trying to join in the parade shots. Some people just don't think phones count as camera's. :P

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/MysticCleric/Larkspur%20Renfair%202011%20July%2031/

Much to my annoyance everyone else at the fair didn't consider my phone a camera either... out of 80 pictures those 17 are the only ones people didn't blatantly stumble through.
"Always with the negative waves, Always with the negative waves. Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful."

Celtic Rune Stones

Quote from: Bahlien on August 05, 2011, 04:57:26 PM
Edit : Hey look pictures.... some photographer kept trying to join in the parade shots. Some people just don't think phones count as camera's. :P

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/MysticCleric/Larkspur%20Renfair%202011%20July%2031/

Much to my annoyance everyone else at the fair didn't consider my phone a camera either... out of 80 pictures those 17 are the only ones people didn't blatantly stumble through.

It's not that they don't consider a phone cam a camera. It's just that people in a large public venue are oblivious to others in the crowd and literally don't see it when someone is trying to take a picture with a camera phone or small hand held digital camera.

I cant even begin to count the number of times I have had someone walk into a shot while I was in the process of setting up, and as most here will attest - when I am in 'photographer mode' I present a target neigh on impossible to overlook.

It happens to the best of us...  ;)

My life is loosely based on a true story...

LadyAriella

Quote from: Bahlien on August 05, 2011, 04:57:26 PM

One of those photos is when Lady Rose made me dance with her, which I didn't realize ANYONE was watching, so -- NEAT! Good catch despite the stumbling patrons.

Bahlien

Quote from: Celtic Rune Stones on August 08, 2011, 09:01:07 AM
It's not that they don't consider a phone cam a camera. It's just that people in a large public venue are oblivious to others in the crowd and literally don't see it when someone is trying to take a picture with a camera phone or small hand held digital camera.

I cant even begin to count the number of times I have had someone walk into a shot while I was in the process of setting up, and as most here will attest - when I am in 'photographer mode' I present a target neigh on impossible to overlook.

It happens to the best of us...  ;)

Quite true that. Its all right though I had fun being able to take pictures for a change, with a camera that doesn't utterly fail at being a camera...even for being on a phone. Hopefully next season I will be able to have a proper camera on hand.

Quote from: LadyAriella on August 08, 2011, 12:08:35 PM
One of those photos is when Lady Rose made me dance with her, which I didn't realize ANYONE was watching, so -- NEAT! Good catch despite the stumbling patrons.

Yes I was the fellow in the red doublet she asked to join right as Celtic Legacy was finishing up. I also had a mask on so It probably made it hard to recognize me... though in part my fault for not introducing myself to start with.  :P
"Always with the negative waves, Always with the negative waves. Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful."

Earl of Surrey

Oops, put this in the Lovely Video thread also, by mistake.

===
All acknowledgements go to the Baron for this link.

I don't know the photographer, but I like his taste in pictures - particularly the first two (which have the Countess and I on the parapet properly abusing people).

http://keithlm.smugmug.com/RenaissanceFestivals-3/Colorado-Ren-Fest-2011-Closing/18299719_Pd3LrB#1408614985_DRpPCKd
--The Paris Hilton of the 16th Century--

The Earl and Countess of Surrey  (off with my head, on January 19, 1547)

LadyAriella

Quote from: Earl of Surrey on August 08, 2011, 12:41:10 PM
which have the Countess and I on the parapet properly abusing people

I just about DIED when you two came up while I was reapplying my costume bits in the parapet tower and started greeting the "Riff-raff."

Earl of Surrey

I have a huge grin on my face, just thinking about you hearing us do that.

We hadn't been on the parapet before and didnt really know what to say, so we just launched into it.  It seemed like the sort of thing an Earl would say to people. 

I couldn't tell if we offended anyone by calling them the "riff raff" or "the rabble."  Occasionally, if someone looked offended, we suggested to me that they might be incognito nobility.  I think at one point we said something like, "you are welcome here as long as you don't bring pitchforks and torches."  And, at another, I just yelled, "what are all you people doing at my castle?" 

Clearly we can't be held responsible for the stuff we say up there.
--The Paris Hilton of the 16th Century--

The Earl and Countess of Surrey  (off with my head, on January 19, 1547)

Ian Maxwell

I've done some editing of pictures and wanted to show everyone how scary Capt Spleen was on opening day,

and here is LadyAriella and Fireflicker

Merlin the Elder

Lady Ariella, Fireflicker...and Spleen... All beautiful in their own way!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Adriana Rose

I donno what's scarier Spleen or Shamus puckering up 0_o

LadyAriella

Quote from: Ian Maxwell on August 21, 2011, 07:08:26 PM
and here is LadyAriella and Fireflicker

Holy crap that's BEAUTIFUL! I think that's one of the only photos of me all season where I don't look like a dork. I must put this on Facebook immediately.