News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Celtic/Renaissance festival music on the web, help/

Started by irishashes, June 14, 2011, 10:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishashes

I'm trying to find websites that have celtic/irish/renaissance fesitval music or podcasts streaming for free.  The issue is, my new job has these web blockers that block all websites with streaming media.  I've bypassed it a few times, but I'm not out of resources of sites to try.  The website for the most part can't say 'podcast' or anything. 

Does anyone have any helpful websites that I could venture to in order to help solve my lack of music at work.  I used to love Marc Gunn's podcasts, but I can't access most of them at this job.  :(

Any help would be apprecaited.

THanks,

Ash

Bob of the Lake

This may not be what you're looking for but I use a free internet radio player I downloaded to get music at work. Go to www.radiosure.com for the download then once installed, you can search for all kinds of free streaming radio stations by genre or name and save your favorites. The app also has a stream ripper so you can record what you're listening to. Best of all, it doesn't tie up your browser.  I've been using it for about a year and have no complaints. I'm not sure it will help you with podcasts but at least you'll have music!

I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Rogue Hidesmith

have you tried going through a proxy service?

For instance, try http://hidemyass.com/
If you can do a halfassed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind. - Kurt Vonnegut
IBRSC #1603

Ser Niall

Just some friendly advice: I'm an IT professional at my company, and usually if you're caught trying to bypass any kind of filter its grounds for immediate termination.  Listening to some streaming music online probably isn't worth it.

If I were you, I'd download the mp3's of whatever you're trying to listen to via bittorrent, and load them on an mp3 player or cd to listen to at work.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.

NelleMoorley

Hey! I know it's been a while, but if you're interested, Pandora Celtica streams our music on our regular website, pandoraceltica.com . Check us out - you'll like us!
Nelle Moorley

Robert Phoenix

Check out Celtic Radio.net.  They use the Live 365 player which is free unless you want stuff like no commercails,etc.  Celtic radio has 4 different Celtic stations to choose from.  Higlander whcih is more traditional, Celtic Moods, Celtic Rock and a Bluegrass.  Click on Music Tools on the homepage to chose which one you want.  The ones listed under Live 365 are the free ones.  The Premiums are the same stations, just wtih more freebies.  Join up on the forum and you can win free stuff.  I've won a bunch of CD's, stickers and T-Shirts in the monthly contests.

http://www.celticradio.net/

The Lady Mercedes

Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!