News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

"knightly" pictures

Started by SleepyArcher, June 16, 2008, 08:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyArcher

Thought I would start a thread for us Knights to show off our threads. This is SleepyArcher and DB in new garb at Twig.

Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Sir William Marcus

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Lady Christina de Pond

i agree very nice knightly garb gentlemen
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Lloyd

Me at the last Camelot Medieval Harvest Fayre - September 2007

Sir Lloyd Clark
Professional Jouster - Compainie of the Northerne Sterre
WMA Instructor

Mikael of Aragon

Very impressive, Good Sir Knights!!!

Here are some of me...

Pax Vobiscum!

-Sir Mikael of Aragon

DeadBishop

Quite impressive!  I've considered getting a 12th-13th century kettle helm for my garb (as shown below).  Thoughts?

R/F.com member since 2003

Sir William Marcus

Kettles are good if foot soldiering is your thing although I would personally go with a nasal helm. You can function in one like a kettle, like drinking (important) and eating (not so important). I've been told they look way cooler than a kettle. The maidens love them along with the mundanes, and you can purchase one for about $55-60 which is really good especially on a knights salary

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

DeadBishop

Yes, my first thought of course was a nasal helm, but then I realized that I never see kettle helms being worn.  I more or less want one just because no one else wears them.

R/F.com member since 2003

Lady Christina de Pond

well i think the kettle helm would be nice it would be different if you wanted to go different than everyone else.
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Sir William Marcus

Quote from: Deadbishop on June 25, 2008, 09:18:41 AM
Yes, my first thought of course was a nasal helm, but then I realized that I never see kettle helms being worn.  I more or less want one just because no one else wears them.

Don't like to be like the rest of the herd. I Understand that completely DB.  However, be careful as you know in time you could and may eventually end up having the entire "Crusader Grand Helmet Slam" which consist of a "kettle, a nasal, tranny and a grand!  It happens to the best of us......Deus Vult!

Sir William Marcus

My brother "Joseph Von Lamar" introduction this year into the Order of St. John of Jerusalem.

Lady Christina de Pond

Quote from: Sir William Marcus on June 25, 2008, 11:35:03 AM
Quote from: Deadbishop on June 25, 2008, 09:18:41 AM

Don't like to be like the rest of the herd. I Understand that completely DB.  However, be careful as you know in time you could and may eventually end up having the entire "Crusader Grand Helmet Slam" which consist of a "kettle, a nasal, tranny and a grand!  It happens to the best of us......Deus Vult!

hey i likes that one db that would be different
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Mikael of Aragon

Quote from: Sir William Marcus on June 25, 2008, 11:35:03 AM
be careful as you know in time you could and may eventually end up having the entire "Crusader Grand Helmet Slam" which consist of a "kettle, a nasal, tranny and a grand! 

Yes, that's where I'm headed! I've been eyeing the kettle helms, as well! I certainly don't see too many down here! Although, DB, I think with the Jerusalem Tabard that you have, a nasal helm would look best, IMHO. I was only going to do a kettle helm, myself, once I got a Templar sergeant's tabard.  But that's just me.  ;D

Huzzah, Brother Joseph!!!  Welcome to the ranks!!! Good job, Frere William, in your recruitment endeavors!
Pax Vobiscum!

-Sir Mikael of Aragon

SleepyArcher

thats the helm I want, just cant find one for the right price yet. I love the brass cross on it.
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Sir William Marcus

I agree, a great looking helm indeed Sir Steven.  One might want to remember to check ebay periodically 
as I have seen many a 'great helms' with good craftsmanship offered at low coinage there.