News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Templar Orders

Started by SleepyArcher, April 07, 2009, 11:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyArcher

Is anyone part of organization or group of knights templar? Which is the true group to join?
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Brother,

We're it! All the Orders of "Templars" today, don't have any direct ties back to the original Order. You'd get closer in the historical sense, joining an Order based out of Spain or Portugal. The quasi-Templars you find today are usually Masonic offshoots. SMOTJ is a charitable organization,  that tries to uphold a "giving" image, and would be you're best bet, if you want to be part of an international organization that holds a Templar like title.

You could look into the Knights of St John, or the Teutonic Orders, since they're still in existence. So is the Order of the Holy Sepulchre.

You're call. We're building our own Templar Order for the faires and festivals, just as the SCA did.

I can see why you'd want to surrender that FOPPISH appearance and attend the likes of Warrior Monks. Post your old photo! Please. :P ;) ;D

Sir William Marcus

Thats about it M'Lord Fondlebottom

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

SleepyArcher

Im actually in the process of getting things together for some new pics. Just have to fix some chain maille. I will post when im done. ?

SleepyArcher

Monsignor de Beaumanoir

Marvelous, see PM Brother!