News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

eBay vendor Von Lancelot. Are they still around?

Started by Lady Kathleen of Olmsted, June 16, 2011, 12:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate

The e-mail I got when I emailed asking why they were no longer on eBay said they received a "seize & desist" and had to close down.  I, personally, never had anything but amazing experiences with them, but that's the way of eBay.
Kate
Pink'n Penny

digitzgrl

I have also been looking for him/her.  I have a couple outfits that I use for Pirate Fest and wanted to get more but can no longer find the store.  I have seen a few items now and again up for auction from past customers although I would never part with mine they are such great quality and so beautiful.  I was hoping to add more to my collection but sadly I have yet to see the store back on.

Nailin

Yeah I was curious about the same thing - I loved VonLancelot for the price and quality - Didn't even hear about the controversy with Damsel till a few  months after I purchased a hooded bodice ....
Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894

Rowan MacD

Something anyone can make halfway decently (like cloaks)  I will buy online IF I can't make it myself for less. 

The VL knockoffs of DITD not only cut into her business; they have done damage to her reputation, which cannot be fixed.   
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

The Wee Wench

I'm the seamstress/owner of Faire Finery, aka TheCandleQueen on eBay.  Years ago this company stole my designs as well.  Blatant, flagrant, ripoffs of my original designs (but with inferior trims)  worn by their trademark blonde-wig wearing Asian model.  It was frustrating and infuriating as there was really nothing that could feasibly be done about it. 

I blame this company for the sharp decline in the Renaissance clothing category on eBay.  They ran off many seamstresses who simply couldn't afford to sell for as cheaply as a Chinese manufacturer.  Fortunately, I saw the trend and began shifting focus to my Etsy store and website.  I can't speak for quality, but I can speak for lack of business integrity.
-Nicki-