News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Meet N Greet, RollCall, RenDezvous 2011 Rockyard Brewery

Started by Capt Spleen, June 17, 2011, 12:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al-Nimer

Count us in: meself + cowgrrl + 2 kids = 4

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on June 17, 2011, 05:35:14 PM
I'd be happy to offer you a ride, Tanda, but I'm leaving the Castle Rock Comfort Inn at 6:59 pm, by foot, to arrive at Rockyard Brewery by 7:00 pm, seeing how it's across the street...
Looking at the map, we might want to leave at 6:55 pm if we're going on foot...it appears to be a rather long block away  ;)
On the other hand, if you drive from the Comfort Inn, you'd have to leave at 6:50  ;D
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Capt Spleen

Merlin, You can have dinner here, but I;d suggest you start a bit earlier, say 6PM? (first post updated).

Butch, July 1st, 2011, is indeed the date, Sir. (first post updated)

Baron and Baroness, We will start the "fun" around 8PM, hope you can stay for that. (It might take an hour)

Norfolk

Quote from: Capt Spleen on June 17, 2011, 10:18:06 PM
Baron and Baroness, We will start the "fun" around 8PM, hope you can stay for that. (It might take an hour)

Alas, we will need to depart the festivities not later than 8:30PM.  Cast call comes EARLY, don't you know!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Butch

Count me in!  I will have at least one with me; possibly all 4 of us will be there.  Huzzah!

Lady Kett

Merlin the Elder

It certainly seems that Scarborough will be well-represented.  Has that boy of mine not checked in yet?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Sir Ironhead

Put me on the list, I'm pretty sure I can get there without breaking too many traffic laws.

I mean guidelines  ;D
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

Amras Elfwine

As a formal RSVP for the meet and greet, I scoured the beer menu...as the menu is more than adequate, we got a room next door...see you all anon!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Capt Spleen

Not sure if it showed their seasonal at the moment, but we attended the brewery Sunday eve, the place was packed/waitlisted, but we were fortunate enough to aquire two seats at the bar.........
And just 1 week ago, they tapped the seasonal 'Wildcat White Ale", almost a hefeweisen, more of a witt, cloudy by brewing nature, fresh and tasty, like food itself, yet not heavy at all, and defenately not a light bier!
This Wildcat brew was once my favorite darling served at CoRF about 4-5 years ago but was replaced with Paulaner hefeweisen, *note* (the Paulaner hefe was removed  from the pubs for this year).

Edmund Howard

Norfolk

Quote from: Capt Spleen on June 20, 2011, 09:30:47 AM
... we attended the brewery Sunday eve, the place was packed/waitlisted, but we were fortunate enough to aquire two seats at the bar...

Spleen, please tell me that the RF Rendezvous Meet N Greet will have an area reserved!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Adriana Rose

I cant its too late for me  ::)

I have to be making fresh flower garlands and then a rather early morning as well. Soo you all are just going to have to stop by my shop and say hello in the morning or when ever you get around. :)

Capt Spleen

Originally we had the outdoor balcony reserved, but it only holds 32 safely, I told them early on that we'd probably have  20-30 persons.

We should have the indoor space that's a U-turn left as you enter the hosts area.

The balcony can be rather windy, so inside is looking better.

Amras Elfwine

The small Maryland contengent is quite stoked already... 8)
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Merlin the Elder

As best as I can tell, there will only be two Arkies present, so your small Maryland contingent shant be lonely....

Adriana, it will be late for Nimue and me as well, as we are both used to getting up at 4 am, but I understand, and we will most assuredly stop and say "Hello." I'll make sure that evil-eyed sicko Spleen gives us good directions...  ;)
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...