News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Egg Carving

Started by Magister, June 19, 2011, 12:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kett

Magister, those are VERY impressive. I am in awe of your talent! I still have issues sewing on buttons!!

Magister

Lady Kett:

Aww, thank you.  Hardly anything to be in awe over, though.  Compared to people who've been at it awhile with real talent those eggs are just chicken scratches.  But, they are fun to do.

Truth be told, as the moderator of this section I get to see the work of everyone who posts here, and I am in awe almost everyday at how talented and creative the people who post on RF.com are.  It's one of my greater pleasures to interact with you all.

Magister
Moderator: Crafting Corner, Buy + Sale + Trade

Rani Zemirah

I am also impressed at both your talent, and your patience, in being able to work with something so very delicate!  Even for a beginner, your skill is impressive, and it's certainly not something I would have either the patience, or the steadiness of hand, to even attempt! 

I do agree that there is an amazing amount of talent in here, though!  Everyone has so much creativity and imagination, and I love to come here to find ideas and inspiration!  I wish more of the crafters here in the forums would posts in here, though, because I know there are many who are creating things every day, and it would be nice to see their handiwork...  And I'm one of the worst about that, I'm sure!  I should take more pictures and post some of the things I've been working on, I suppose... when I have a spare 15 minutes, anyway.   
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Christina de Pond

i think i would have probley crushed the egg myself
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Syrilla

Oh, how so very beautiful!!!

RacKuhn

Hi! I was wondering where about you live? I really want an egg carver to come to Blackrock Medieval Festival in SW Michigan this July. I think it would be really really cool! www.blackrockfest.com
Thanks, let me know if that's something you can do. ;D

Magister

RacKuhn:

Thank you for the interest in my egg carving.  Is it just a hobby for me at the moment, and certainly not something that is worthy of being on display at an event.  Unfortunately, too, I am all the way south in central Florida, so it would not be feasible to make it up to Michigan, either way.

Thank you... and good luck with your event!

- Mag
Magister
Moderator: Crafting Corner, Buy + Sale + Trade

The Rabbi

WOW another egg carver how did I miss this post. Let me say very nice work indeed and if you can do this with an Chicken Egg than an Ostrich or Emu would be easy money. I can not do Chicken eggs as my hand spazzes and crushes the egg. I tried to sell my eggs at a ren fair but never made it through the door as "They were not period correct and it was a judged show." They never even looked at my work but its all good. Emu Egss are a bit cheaper than Ostrich and have at least 3 distinct layers i bet you would have a blast with them.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

raevyncait

Actually, at Sterling there was a vendor that sold carved and etched ostrich & emu egg pieces, both whole eggs, and pieces of the eggs. I've a lovely pin on my hat that I purchased there. I"ll try to get a photo posted after I get home tonite.
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

RacKuhn

THANK YOU ANYWAYS!!!  It's really cool! I think eggs would be awesome at a Medieval Festival, those other people are crazy! If anybody knows anyone that does want to come sell something that awesome, (in SW Michigan) get on here and apply! I really want one of those eggs. Those are awesome!   www.blackrockfest.com