News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

If you could..

Started by Adriana Rose, June 21, 2011, 07:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adriana Rose

I am in the process of doing a rather quick Belle dress, I am attempting a rennish version of her yellow gown. No hoops for me so I am hoping that it works out.

Wish me luck I am starting to cut it out in a few and to top it off its gotta be done by thursday *headdesk*

serenamoonsilver

I've been toying with the idea of doing a steampunk version of a princess.  Not like this per se, but something more in keeping with their color scheme and character.  I'm torn between a steampunk librarian Belle or underwater explorere Ariel.

DonaCatalina

I have to look at the Disney gowns as sci-fi; otherwise I would be wanting to fix them to be something more accurate for their implied time period.
If I made one, it might not be recognizable as a Disney gown.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

LadyMeg

Quote from: operafantomet on June 27, 2011, 09:20:00 AM
Many of you mention Belle's dresses. I just wanted to share some pictures from the Italian "Beauty and the Beast" production, which I saw in Rome earlier this year. The costume design totally blew me away! It was full-scale 18th century style with a flair of Disney. Totally eye candy, and ESPECIALLY Belle's blue everyday dress (with a million white underskirts, so pretty when she danced).

The same design was also used in the (I think) Spanish and Dutch productions of BATB. I wish I had better pictures of that blue dress, it had amazing details and such nice movements on stage. But the golden dress was also da bomb. Want!

*faints*  Beautiful!  I have to thank you a million times for the pics.  Such inspiration.  That designer better have gotten paid his/her/their dues.
|LadyMeg|
________
Galene, Nereid in pirate form
Lady Alethea Talbot

Magpie Flynn

ooo. Anastasia's "once upon a december" dress and Cinderella's blue ballgown.

dragongirl

I love the gold gown and jacket that Jane Seymore wore while pregnant on the Tudors.
Lady Hermina Dolores De Pagan
Captain of the Tres Flores
Sailing with Ye Pyrate Brotherhood

isabelladangelo

My steampunk Ever After Just Breathe gown.  I'm making the wings for it next year and fixing the waistline on the gown.