News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Chance of a life

Started by Lady Christina de Pond, July 21, 2008, 01:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Christina de Pond

"VICTORIA!!!!!!!!!"shreaked the Lady Ann of Dubinstein
"ohhhh jumping Joeshaphat why cant she leave me in peace" muttered Victoria to the gown she was currently attatching pockets to.
"VICTORIA!!!!!!!!"
"COMING" hollored Victoria back
Victoria scrambled down the hall to where her Mother stood.
"Where have you been?"
"Sewing"
"Fine come with me" Spoke Lady Ann
Victoria had a supicion her mother didn't believe her but she followed her mother to a chamber just off her Mothers suitte of room
Amelia was waiting when Ann and Victoria entered the room. Victoria knew that Amelia's presence was a bad thing Amelia was her mothers favorite snitch and Amelia was the best. Amelia didn't do rumors she went for proof and she usually got it any way she could get it.
"it has been brought to my Attention that you are shaming me and your father"
"what?"
"You heard me Victoria Amelia herself has seen a caped figure going in your chamber late in the evenings and well these things have been found among your things in your suittee" Spoke Ann as she produced Victoria's daggar,sword,sheild and Vampbraces.
"you think i'm taking someone to my bed? ohhhh my i wasn't aware how bad your eyes were Amelia and two i didn't realize simple minded you are mother. you honestly think that some man would weild that sword? and what about those vampbraces you really think they are fit for a man?"
"then what are you doing with a sword, shield and Vampbraces?"
Victoria knowing her mother knew that this would come out as bad as if she had been sleeping around. she had to keep her mother from finding out her other idenity even if she was great at disguises she was still not about to give Amelia more reason than nessary to follow her around.
" I wanted to study them mother i was thinking of doing a tapestry with a sword and shield and vampbraces and that is my dagar for my own protection"
" that still doesn't explain the figure in the cape entering your room"
" did you ever see this figure leave?" questioned Victoria
"no ofcourse not"
"thats because that caped figure is me i often go down to the kitchen for some milk to help me sleep"

Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Lady Christina de Pond

Victoria knew her mother didn't fully believe her and she was sure that Amelia would still be spying on her. Victoria knew she would have to make sure that Amelia never saw her leave or return wearing the vampbraces and sword. Once she was out of the castle things were different. Victoria was the master of disguise she had trained with John for 6months before he discovered that she was the daughter of the Lord Byron.
Victoria sat in her room encrypting in her journal. the only problem is encrypting took a while but it was worth it when she knew Amelia nor anyone without the key couldn't read it.

It was late when Victoria reached the little shack in the woods. It was dark and no lights shown but Victoria knew where the door was. She knew that the secret passage was behind the fire place and that she was late they would be waiting on her.
"well look who finally decided to show." spoke Marla
" I had to be extra careful. Mothers snoop found my vampbraces sheild and sword and she's been seeing me come back"
" I'd love to give her a taste of her own medicate" fumed Will
since they had discovered that Victoria wasn't just some peasant girl like most to the girls Will felt it was his duty to protect Victoria even when Victoria could hold her own just as well as he could. At first the three of them didn't know what to think of Victoria after all she was a noble but she hid it from them all for 6months before John realized who she was.
John had even crushed on her thinking she was a peasant girl he even considered approaching her father and thats when he followed her only to discover that she was Lady Victoria and not some peasant girl. John confronted her about it the next night and Victoria admitted that she was pretending to be a peasant girl so he would treat her like she wasn't a noble Lady and well since then the three knew that she was one of them. They often teased her that she was a noble running around with peasants but Victoria often found that they had much more freedom than she did.
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Lady Christina de Pond

"so Victoria when are you going to tell your parents your part of this crew it's not like they haven't heard of us." asked Will
" they may have heard of us they may know of us and they like what you stand for but they would never approve of thier daughter being part of this group especally if they knew we raided that thieves camp last night" spoke Victoria
"no one got hurt and the sherriff woke with the thieves on his door stoop this morning" smiled Marla
" that he might have and i know we don't go after anyone without cause or research i know we are very careful and that the goal is to get in and get out without anyone getting hurt and bring to justice those who need it but they are never going to accept or approve of what I've done" frowned Victoria

it was that moment that John entered
"there you are i was wondering if you were coming tonight" teased John 
" trust me she had her own troubles getting here" spoke Marla
" well i have heard there is trouble on the North roads anyone want to check it out?"asked Will
"there is always trouble on the North roads tonight there is a new person i would like to present for possibly joining us"
" Who?" chimed Will, Marla and Victoria
"come on in Eric" spoke will
all stood and watched as Eric entered the room he was tall and tan. His hair curled into soft brown curls and his brown eyes seemed to take everything in.
Eric smiled at all the three faces staring at him.
"Eric this is Victoria, Marla, and Will"
" Eric Bowed to both Victoria and Marla but Victoria couldn't take her eyes off him what was it about him. Victoria knew she was staring but she couldn't help it. Eric glanced back at Victoria several time and held her eyes as they talked and they found out that Eric had the experience of a Knight but being the third son wasn't knighted. That night the foursome voted Eric and and they became a group of 5.

Lady Ashley of De Coals

Lady Christina de Pond

Victroia curled into the couch in her room why did Eric seem so familiar?
Had they seen each other before? Had they visited the castle before?
Something about Eric called out to here and Victoria wasn't sure what it was but in one evening she was Rocked bye the fact that he was now present in her world. In a few seconds her quite was broke via Lucy who burst into Victoria's room almost as if she herself were on fire
"Lady Victoria Lady Victoria"
"Lucy calm down what is going on what's the matter?"
" Your Mother says come quick and some guest has just arrrived in the castle i don't know who he is but your Mother is highly excited. She said Make sure you look like too."
what is she up too wondered Victoria as she straightened her gown no she wasn't going to bother with the hoop even though Lucy stood nearby in case Lucy would need help with it. Victoria was determined to go down as she was. This was her home and putting on a hoop just to please a guest she didn't know.
When she arrived in the hall a short time later she wasn't aware that dispite that fact that she skipped the hoop  she looked charming and radiant as she desended the stairs. Jeffery could barely take his eyes off her this is what he had came for he would talk to her father at first oppertunity propley shortly after dinner. Lord Jeffery the Earl of Buckington had found the Lady he wanted for his bride and being the Earl of Buckington left him with the assurance that he would indeed have her.
Her Mother greated her at the bottom of the stairs and lead her over to Lord Jeffery
"Victoria this is Lord Jeffery Earl of Buckington, Lord Jeffery this is my daughter the Lady Victoria of Dubinstein"
"it's a Pleasure to meet you my Lady" bowed Lord Jeffery
"Earl Jeffery"
Great another Pompas Earl coming for her hand thought Victoria as she smiled sweetly I've got to get out of here thought Victoria and she began to rack her mind what did she have that was more pressing? Maybe she could just excuse herself to the privies and not come back.
"Pardon me i hate to leave so soon after your arrival but i must take myself off to tend to a personal need" spoke Victoria and she fled the hall.

Lady Ashley of De Coals

Lady Christina de Pond

Victoria made her way back to her suitee using her secret passages she had discovered a few years back. The thought struck her why not use these passages when she left her room at night why not use the passages Amelia knew nothing of them and if she did then Victoria was sure her mother would have had them sealed off. Little did Victoria know how handy these passages were about to become to her.
Later Victoria slipped off to her favorite spot in the barns and watched the horses it had been her favorite spot when she was a child
" what are you doing here?" wispered Jamie the youngboy who cleaned the horse stalls
" I'm just taking in the view of all my father's horses"
" they are wonderful creatures aren't they m'lady"
"they are Jamie you love this don't you?"
"Ofcourse m'lady they are my friends even ol fritz who doesn't like anyone"
"I'll be sure to speak to my father about how much you love your job i think there might be something extra in your pay"
"thank you M'lady ohhh bewarned Pear told me that your Mother is fuming that  you disappeared when guest had arrived"
"Thank you Jamie I'll be sure to avoid her and our guest as long as i can"
"your welcome mlady would you like me to saddle your horse?"
"No thank you Jamie I think i'll stay here a little longer then i might find a way to avoid mother until dinner"

At dinner Lady Ann was polite and didn't say much but Victoria knew she was fumming if there wasn't that Lord Jeffery had arrived that afternoon Victoria was sure there would be words after dinner but her mother would wait until she got a chance alone with Victoria to fume about Victoria's disappearing act.
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Lady Christina de Pond

Victoria discovered that her mother didn't plan to wait long to let Victoria know how she felt about her disapprearing act. As soon as dinner was over Lord Jeffery approached her father and wispered into his ear the two men exited the hall shortly.
Victoria stood talking to Charity when she saw her mother exit the hall it was only a few minutes later when Lucy appeared at her side
"M'lady your mother wishes to have a word with you in the solar"
" Ok. Lucy thank you Charity i must go"
Victoria strolled toward the solar she was in no great hurry but knew her mother was furious. When she entered the Solar Ann stood alone pacing back and forth. When she spied Victoria she stopped.
"Have a seat Victoria"
Victoria sat as she was told she could see her mothers irate glares if there had been ice in the rooom with one look Ann could have melted it.
"Where have you been all afternoon?"
" I was tending to some personal stuff"
" Victoria! I want to know where you went i checked your rooms i had Lucy searching the whole palace trying to find you Earl Jeffery was wanting to talk to you."
" I'm sorry i took myself off to the privy and well i saw the horse barn and went to check on the horses to make sure they were being treated fairly i forgot that we had a guest i stayed there watching"
" you forgot we had a guest!" Scowled Ann
" Ok fine you don't believe me anyway no i didn't forget i purposely didn't come back to the hall i intentionally avoided him. He's like every other pompas Earl and Duke who comes seeking me out to see if he is interested in marriage they all find out i'm too willfull and they leave without bothering to ask."
" don't be too sure they all find you this way. If you want to know the Earl is currently talking to your father i supect he may be asking for your hand right now and if that's so your betrothal will be upcoming and your marriage not but a few years after that"
" I don't accept i will not yeild and i will not marry him!" stormed Victoria as she stood up and then left the room

Later that evening as Victoria was just preparing to go out she heard a knock on her door she answered and there stood Earl Jeffery
"what are you doing here?" Wispered Victoria
" I M'lady came to be bye your side"
" You what?" answered Victoria a little Louder
" Allow me" wispered Earl Jeffery as he wrapped his arms around Victoria and pressed his lips to hers. he ignored Victoria's protest. Victoria didn't hesitate she bit him.
" My dear what was that for"
" excuse me but i think you need to retire to your chamber" fumed Victoria
" but my Lady i wish to be with you"
" well i don't want you to be with me you rogue."
" I will have you my dear weather it's now or later even if i have to marry you to get you i will have you"
" Ohhh i dare say you won't" with that Victoria slammed the door in Earl Jeffery's face and bolted it.
Then Victoria left via the secret passages and came to the Cabin a short time later.

Lady Ashley of De Coals

Lady Christina de Pond

The night was quiet around them as the five rode in silence. nothing on the horses jingled everything required the silence. When they had reached as far as the 5 dared take the horses they tied them lashed them to a tree and they crept in.
they stood on the edge of the wood looking into a small clearing around the fire set 3 rough looking men
"where is he?" spoke the first guy
"patience his Lordship will show up"
"I don't like waiting" spoke the third guy
" we must"
a few minutes later Lord Jeffery made his appearance in the clearing
" see i told ya he was coming"
" I can't stay long did you scope out Baleymoore village"
" that we did"
" then plan to raid and burn it tomorrow night bring me all the gold i dont care what you do with the people from the village except for the young men Kill them all now get out of here." and Lord Jeffery Left
the men left shortly the small group of 5 stayed still a while long
"We have to do something we can not let them kill all the young men of Baleymoore" rallied Victoria
"maybe we can evaquate the village tomorrow?"offered Will
" it needs to be a slow evacuation i think we need to ride to Baleymoore tonight and inform the villagers to go about thier duties and leave thier houses and not return home" offered Eric
"I say it's a great idea lets get to Baleymoore now sleep later" spoke Marla

It was very early in the morning when Victoria and her friends found thier beds. It was a relief that when dawn came the village would slowly disappear into the wood and reappear at Dubinstein castle it would make Victoria's day knowing she fouled Jeffery's plan now all she needed was the evidence to take to the king
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Lady Christina de Pond

Victoria couldn't help smiling all day as she went about her duties
afterall how furious would Lord Jeffery be when all of the village of baleymoore showed up
at the castle that evening and none of the young men had parished
also how furious would he be to know that the gold from the church and village had been hid.
during planning the entertainment for the night Victoria knew that they would have to capture one if not all of
Jeffery's men to have the evidence they needed to bring before the king
no doubt her father would hear of the burned village but so would the king and they would bring to justice the people who did it
Victoria did her best to avoid Lord Jeffery and did fairly well
Victoria was in her rooms later in the afternoon when she heard a noise outside.
going to the window she saw Eric
"What are you doing here?"
"I wanted to see you and well your you"
" well you can't come up via the hall mother would have fit go to the wood and wait there I'll be there shortly"
Victoria slid out her secret passages and arrived in the woods a short time later she could see Eric a few feet away waiting for her.
"sppppp Eric"
Eric spun and saw Victoria standing behind him. He walked over to her and smiled
" alright how did you get here i was watching for you the whole time?"
" It's my secret if i told you then i'd have to kill you"
" alright alright m'lady you win"
" I've been dying to ask Eric have we ever met you seem to familiar to me"
"M'lady i've resided in this Castle before you see I was once a Squire and under your fathers care. Even as the third son i was to be knighted the king favored my father highly even if he was just a count. I liked you very much even then i thought you lovely and i even remember asking your father for your hand. He said he would consider it but i later found out your mother hit the roof she fumed and raved and refused and i believe she is the reason i was sent home without any furthur training she sent me home pretty sure she said something because father seemed very disgraced and hardly spoke. I continued to train when i could and where i could. I never knew what came of you or if you had married or gone until the other week when i met you again. I knew i had to see you my feelings toward you never once changed"
" i knew i had seen you before your the young squire mother fumed over and had tossed out. I'm so sorry that she did that to you. I had no idea"
" i know i never blamed you. i didn't believe she ever told you. If i had known how she was going to react i would have made my intentions know to you then"
"there is nothing we could have done then"
" i know that M'lady but atleast you would have known"
" i think i've always known when i saw you again i knew i had seen those eyes before i knew that look"
" I dare not breath for fear of what you mean could you dare return the same feelings"
" breath my dear i see it in your eyes and i will have it in my life for i feel as you belong in my life"
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Lady Christina de Pond

Eric wrapped Victoria in his arms and looked deeply in her eyes
"you don't care that i'm not some Earl or Duke's son?"
"ofcourse not even if you were it's very unlikely you would ever had been the duke or Earl being a third so i care not. besides i'd rather have a love match than be stuck with some rude and obnoxious earl or duke"
"i can not give you a palace but i can always make you comfortabe"
"you have the training of a knight but because of my Mother never knighted maybe when we catch Jeffery's men and have Lord Jeffery stripped of his title then maybe the king might reward you with a title and land of your own?"
"he might then he might just say a job well done and thats it"
"i doubt thats all the king is going to say"
" what if he rewards me with little more than a hovel you still going to give up the castle?"
" for one the king doesn't give hovels and if he did then yes i would give up the castle  and live where the farm yard animals are free to come and go i would learn to burn all your meals "
with that Eric leaned in and kissed Victoria
"I must go before mother finds out i'm missing"
Eric let Victoria go and watched her turn and walk back toward the direction she came
"Victoria are you coming tonight?" Asked Eric
turning and smiling sweetly victoria looked back over her shoulders
"Ofcourse i'll be there who else is going to describe the fuming of Lord Jeffery to everyone"
"good point my dear"
with that Eric went back to his home today was a sucess he had confessed to the lady that he had loved since a boy that he loved her still and she did not reject him. He had forted a money hungry Earl's evil plan and spared some young villagers.

apon her return to the castle wall the first person Victoria ran into was her father
"Daughter there you are I've been meaning to have a word with you."
"I also wish to have words with you father."
"Good come we shall talk in the war room"
once inside the war room Victoria sat down on a seatee her father pulled a chair up near to her
"I've heard rumors among the village that your running around with peasents that you have your own armor and that you wield a sword as well as any young lad"
"how much do you know father?"
"enough to know that your part of a band of fighters bent on justice i know enough of your little group to know that your purpose is to do the just and right thing."
"Does mother know?" Paniced Victoria
"do you think me a fool child ofcourse your mother doesn't know last i heard you were in enough trouble with her thinking your sleeping around she always thinks that i don't know why but she does."
"please don't tell her father"
"i won't child i want you to be carefull it's not safe that a Lady of your station should be extremely careful. does your band of friends know who you are?"
" yes they know who i am. infact the reason i needed to talk to you father is three things one is Jamie father i don't think you pay him enought to tend the horses. he seems to love his job very much."
"you think i should give him a nice raise?"
"yes i do."
"then he shall have it. for it pleases my daughter to reward kind and gentle things what are your other two?"
" the second father is a young man named Eric father he once was a squire here even if he was the third son of a Count he was to be knighted and some reason he was kicked out of the house i believe mother has much to do with it but father is there anyway he can be knighted?"
" hmmmm i do remember that lad a nice fellow he seemed to have eyes for you though even though you were to oblivious at the time so you want to see him knighted? Might you have some affection for this man"
"there is something growing there father"
"I am sorry to here that daughter Lord Jeffery has asked for your hand in marriage and i agreed."
"you what? why?"
"it seemed like a good match. your mother seemed to be in agreement"
"that should have been a clue father if you and mother were in agreement then this was a bad idea father as much as Lord Jeffery butters mother up he is not what he seems he is a evil and vile man and we are planning on bringing him to justice."
"for what my child you barely know him"
"lets just say he would see my group hanged father for what will happen tonight thankfully he doesn't know about us lets just say father that we fouled some of his plans and tonight you will see the evidence of that"
" that is another thing my daughter tonight your bethrothal will be announced and you will have a few weeks to prepare for it if you can bring me evidence then i will repeal your bethrothal or change it to the man of your choice."
"what if i bring a whole village into the castle walls"
"what would that be for?"
"him burning a village"
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Lady Christina de Pond

"can you prove he did it."
"we the five of us heard him give orders to burn the village of Baleymoore and have all the young men killed"
"that is not enough child you need proof you can't just accuse him"
"what if we capture his men?"
"if you capture his men i want you to stay out of it. that can be dangerous and i want you to stay out of it. Your a lady"
" And I'm desperate to get out of a loveless bethrothal to a evil man" raged Victoria
" I know you are desperate to get out of this child but understand that i can't give him your hand to today and refuse him your hand the next day. I have to have to have evidence"
"it's done a thousand times over all over the place one day Shela was bethrothed to five different men"
"that is due to the fickleness of her father and i am not that way i will not play you like a pawn i made my decision i will annonce your bethrothal tonight and you shall have until then to get the evedence you need to otherwise you will be his bride"

that night as dinner progressed Victoria hoped her father would wait. When Victoria finally decided her father had decided not to announce her bethrothal. Lord Byron Stood up
"I have an announcement to make it brings me some joy and some sadness to announce the bethrothal of my daughter Victoria to Earl Jeffery of Buckington"
Victoria thought she was going to be sick she even wondered what would have happened if she passed out and fell off her chair. This was not her choice but the choice of two men. One who loved her and one who wanted her to decorate his house. Victoria was no ones decoration. Lord Jeffery smiled at Victoria with a victorious smile he even reached for her hand as if he now had permission to touch her but Victoria pulled away she wanted nothing to do with him.

Within an hour Victoria had slipped away from the castle and into the woods to the cabin knowing she was suposed to stay and see Lord Jeffery's face when he found out someone had forted his plans but she couldn't stay a moment longer in the presence of Lord Jeffery. When she arrived no one else was present but it didn't matter it was nice to get away from the castle Eric was the next to arrive and he just sat down sencing Victoria's mood he just sat there letting Victoria have her peace once Marla arrived the group would talk.
When they all had arrived it was quite late Will had been tracking the men and had watched them come into Baleymoore. Will had tracked them as the dared not light a single fire but crept out of Baleymoore. Will had followed them when Lord Jeffery had arrived and asked about the gold and the village the Men had informed him that when they arrived at the village no one was there not a soul and it creeped them out. Lord Jeffery was furious not only had someone forted his efforts but Victoria had been cold toward him even after her father had announced his thier bethrothal. Lord Jeffery had told them to keep an eye on Baleymoore that ment the village would have to stay out of baleymoore a few more days and they would need Lord Byron to help.
Will would continue to track the men. Marla asked Victoria about Lord Jeffery's reaction to the arrival of the village but Victoria said she didn't know she had left before then to escape Lord Jeffery Will had offered that Lord Jeffery seemed not to notice that Baleymoore ville was now at the castle his mind was other places.
As everyone was leaving Eric walked with Victoria
" My dear what is wrong you have seemed out of sorts all evening."
"I don't mind fowling Lord Jeffery's plans but tonight father has announced our bethrothal."
"My dearest i am sorry it won't change how i feel though"
" I know it won't it won't change us i'm going to find a way out of this."
" I'll do whatever you need me to."
Victoria kissed Eric then parted for the night she needed to think she needed a plan she needed to catch Lord Jeffery in the act with due cause they needed enough evidence to take to the king.
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Lady Christina de Pond

"Lady Victoria Lady Victoria wake up!"
Victoria woke to Lucy shaking her
"what? Lucy?"
"It's your Mother Lady she insist that you get up and come down to her suites Imediately"
Victoria crawled out of her bed and got dressed when she came to her mother's suietes she found her Mother and her mother's seamstress chatting very depth discussion
"Ohhh Victoria there you are come in Child there is much too do."
"for what?"
"your bethrothal we need a gown and to select colors and styles and we need to plan invites and flowers and everything else"
"Mother you seemed so excited infact more excited than I am"
" Why shouldn't a mother be excited for a daughter who's bethrothal to such a fine young earl"
" mother there is no guarantee that this bethrothal will last everyday all over the country they are made and broken"
" yes that may be the case for most of the time but you my child are not getting out of this you will make  a fine wife for a Earl and make me proud. You will bear his children and you shall be noble and a great lady and be part of the court and visit the king"
" Mother if you desire to see King Richard that bad then why not simply just marry Lord Jeffery yourself and invite the king to your wedding then you'll have what you want the earl at your will and the king to look apon"
" that is a excellent Idea Victoria we will invite the king to your Bethrothal and later your wedding"
Victoria rolled her eyes and knew there was no escaping her mother wasn't about to let her out of her site and she certainly wasn't about to talk her way out of planning the boring bethrothal.

Later that evening Victoria arrived at the cabin a little late and sat down beside Eric
"Well my dear how is the entertaining of our good friend the Earl of Buckington" asked Will
" I only saw the Earl at the noon day meal and at Dinner I've been locked away with my mother in her chambers preparing for my bethrothal."
" your bethrothal to who?" asked John
"None other than our joyously dear friend Earl of Buckington"
"what?" questioned Marla
" Yes father announced it yesterday at dinner I tried to convince him not to but he did and so now Mother wants to Invite King Richard to my wedding and bethrothal."
" would the king come?" asked Eric
" Yes he would come he thinks well of my father he would come if he was invited and I dare say he would have expect to be invited"
" then I have a plan my dear go along with your parents plan for your bethrothal let them think you've accepted it encourage them to invite the king and while your busy doing your part in the castle to get ready we are going to be doing our part to get you out of it we are going to be tracking Lord Jeffery's henchmen and get all the proof we can we are going to need you to talk him up and find out where he's been. Then the four of us are going to have to travel to those place and talk to witnesses we will catch him and bring forth the witnesses on the day of your bethrothal and to the king."
"It's brilliant I like the idea ok so it means that some of us are going to have to go missing a few days that's fine. But we need to get you out of that bethrothal and get the evidence to King how long do you have before the bethrothal? "
" a month and our friend is staying until then"
" Ok we are going to get all the evidence we can if we can't make it in time for your bethrothal nobles break them all the time but if you have to go through with the ceremony then atleast  we can get enough evidence before a wedding right?" spoke Marla
" that is true Marla but I don't want to be bethrothed to him for any amount of time we've got to try to get all the evidence we need before that day."
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Lady Christina de Pond

the next morning Victoria woke and prepared to go down to eat and spend her day with Lord Jeffery. the thought of spending her day with him made Victoria cringe. She wanted nothing to do with the vile man and surely not to spend the day in his presence but she must to get the info they need to present to King Richard.

Victoria arrived at Breakfast Looking Charming an Lord Jeffery emediately went to greet her.
"good morning my dear I'm glad you decided to join us"
Victoria could hardly stand the sugar pouring from his tounge Victoria wanted to look at him and tell him to just cut the sweet stuff she and her friends knew who he was in truth. Victoria also knew this was part of her mission to play the part of the willing bride to be and spend time getting to know him before the bethrothal only Lord Jeffery wouldn't know that he would be spilling out his life to have his titles stripped of him as well as his lands
"it's a pleasure" spoke Victoria as she let Lord Jeffery lead her to a seat beside him
" you know my dear i've been here two days would you like to show me around I've been around parts of the castle with your parents but no one has given the tour of the village would you care to do so?"
"ofcoure i want to show you the village so i can push you off the bridge" thought Victoria who only smiled sweetly"sure I'll show you around the village"
"Good how does right after breakfast sound?"
"sure that will be fine" smiled Victoria

it wasn't long before Victoria found herself walking among the stalls of Dubinstein village with Jeffery. Victoria found him soon boasting of the village in Buckington she was about to ask him about newly built villages near Buckington when Eric appeared in the stall next to Victoria. He only surveyed Victoria with his eyebrows arched in almost question
"nothing yet" Mouthed Victoria
"how are you fairing?" mouthed Eric
Victoria made a face then winked at Eric
Eric disappeared back into the crowd but Victoria had a feeling that if she had any type of trouble Eric would have reappear at her side any moment
" what new villages have popped up near or around Buckington?"
" why does that interest you my lady?"
" If i'm to become your wife i want to know where my servants will shop i want to know if Buckington is a dying town or if it's growing and little places popping up close bye"
"well that my lady the newest town to come up is Marshell unfortunetly they have had to rebuild they had a tragic fire that burnt the village to the ground"
"ohhh how horrid for them"

later Victoria escaped to her suitees part of the morning with the man was insufferable. Victoria knew she would spend the rest of the day hiding in her suitees at Dinner she would just have to suffer through and then dissapear to the cabin the first chance she got.

Victoria was glad that the secret passages were mostly forgot. Victoria liked being able to slip away from anyroom and get where ever she wanted she remember when she first found the passages she went around marking what went to what and explored for a week. Victoria quickly learned which passage led her to where.
Victoria soon found herself walking with Eric toward the cabin knowing they would be earlier.
"If i weren't doing this for the group and to bring him down in front of the king i wouldn't even bother. He's so pompas even as i showed him around he talked and talked and sometimes he talked to the vendors about the wears in Buckington. Everything is sooo much better in Buckington acording to him"
"Maybe he's trying to impress you?"
" No he's not trust me he's just that pompas he didn't want to see the village but he wanted every man in the village to see me with him he was making a gester that he was claiming me"
"I guess i wasn't paying enough attention cause as far as I'm concerned your my girl"
" I have no doubt that you were there. but to say you weren't paying attention that i don't believe"
" i never said i wasn't paying attention i knew where you were the whole time you were in the village with him."
" i supected so"
Eric turned Victoria and looked her in the eyes then he leaned in and kissed her.
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Lady Christina de Pond

the group decided that John should be the one to make the trip to Marshell and find out what he could find out.
John put a sign on his shop and closed it down until he was to return he told friends that he was going on a trip and that he would return soon.
In the morning Victoria found herself in the study with Lord Jeffery and making a list of places where he told her of new growth that she might enjoy a visit. that afternoon she had jamie saddle her horse for a ride she headed to the woods alone but as they had planned the night before Victoria and Eric rode side by side through the woods talking. for Victoria it was good to get away from her Mother and Lord Jeffery. Eric loved having time with Victoria riding beside him. it was nearly dinner time when Victoria returned and washed up she decended the stairs loooking as radient as ever and Lord Jeffery smiled thinking it was his doing but it wasn't him it was Eric.
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Lady Christina de Pond

John walked for a day and was half way to Marshell he spent the night in a barn of a kind ol farmer and his wife. John while there repaired the plow and a few things that looked worn. In the morning he up and left and arrived at Marshell late that evening and again spent the night in the barn of an old farmer. the next morning at breakfast John asked the farmer if he knew anything about a village fire the farmer told John what he could and then told John of who also might know more John spent the whole day getting peoples accounts of what happened to the village. he found three who had seen and given a good discription of the men who burned the village. and asked them to come to Dubenstein castle in three weeks all three of them agreed and John was pleased they were getting evidence good evidence to bring before the king they would get victoria out of that bethrothal.

Victoria and the remaining members of the group began pouring over the villages that were closer Marla took two villages since she was employed bye a rich merchant Marla could only go within a days walk and she wouldn't be at group for the next two nights. Eric,will and marla wouldn't let Victoria take any of the villages since she was doing her share of work pumping the pompas earl for info. It was decided that Eric would leave in the morning and as the group split for the night Eric walked Victoria toward the village
"be careful"
"how much trouble can i get into I'm not going anywhere"
"I know that but if he finds out our sceme then you could be endanger."
" don't worry have you forgotten i used to slip off and get the boys to teach me to fight"
" i do remember that my dear"
"come back to me soon"
"I will i promise"
Eric Kissed Victoria and held her close it would be days before he saw her again.
Lady Ashley of De Coals