News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Theme weekends

Started by chriscat53, May 23, 2011, 09:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chriscat53

arbcoind

I've been checking facebook, nothing so far.

Gina

metalcelt

Nothing on the web site either yet.

Alaric

Still nothing  >:( 

I was kind of hoping they would release this sooner.

Docamor

They are not finalized yet, we are looking into some interesting ideas!!  Hopefully in the next couple of weeks it will be all firmed up. Hang in there. 

Doc
Modo liceat vivere, est spes.

Alaric

kcdcchef

I always skip PGH RenFaire in favor of going to the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire, but am hoping to make it this year. However being is that the start is 7 weeks off and there is no info I am a little peeved, seriously, what gives? No theme weekends?

Rogue Hidesmith

I usually go to PaRF a couple times a season, but with a little one, cost of gas and cost of admission, we're only going once this season in favor of hitting up Pittsburgh. It's 2 hours closer to us. I agree though, the themed weekends should have been announced months ago.

I am excited to see what they come up with though :)
If you can do a halfassed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind. - Kurt Vonnegut
IBRSC #1603

Alaric

Pittsburgh is about 45-50 min. away from me. I usually hit it once or twice a year. I also usually go to PARF once per year (in October).  (Last year I went to MD instead)  I would go to PA a lot more if it was a bit closer (its a 4+hour drive one way)

I'm going to hit Great Lakes this year (possibly opening weekend) and I am making trip up to Sterling  for their Pirate invasion. 

Going to be a busy summer for me. :D

arbcoind

I live 30 minutes from PRF, so I attend every Saturday and have been for 10 years (minus 2006).  I'm looking forward to the themed weekend announcement as I would like to start tinkering with my garb and fine tuning it to "go with" the theme.

I'm also looking forward to festival and seeing old friends and meeting new ones. 

Gina

kcdcchef

Quote from: Alaric on June 30, 2011, 08:42:43 AM
Pittsburgh is about 45-50 min. away from me. I usually hit it once or twice a year. I also usually go to PARF once per year (in October).  (Last year I went to MD instead)  I would go to PA a lot more if it was a bit closer (its a 4+hour drive one way)

I'm going to hit Great Lakes this year (possibly opening weekend) and I am making trip up to Sterling  for their Pirate invasion. 

Going to be a busy summer for me. :D

Same here, I live in downtown Pittsburgh, so the PARF is about a 3 hour drive for me. I like to make the trek since it is such a huge and amazing faire. I just despise that they paved it, I am a traditionalist, woodchips for me!!!! I am hoping to hit one other faire this year, generally, I hit the Kansas City Renaissance Festival, I grew up there, and then the PA one, and thats it. Hoping to hit either MD or Oh this year.

Alaric

THey just updated the website

Opening Weekend " An Adventure to the Past"
August 20 & 21

Irish Festivalis!                                                                                                                                           
August 27 & 28

Childrens Weekend!                                                                                                           
Prince, Princess & Pirate Party
September 3, 4 & 5 Labor Day

Wine Revelry!                                                                                                                                       
September 10 & 11

Celtic Fling!                                                                                                                                             
September 17 & 18

Oktoberfest: A Final Huzzah!                                                                                                               
September 24 & 25

arbcoind

kcdcchef

Quote from: Alaric on July 11, 2011, 02:44:55 PM
THey just updated the website

Opening Weekend " An Adventure to the Past"
August 20 & 21

Irish Festivalis!                                                                                                                                           
August 27 & 28

Childrens Weekend!                                                                                                           
Prince, Princess & Pirate Party
September 3, 4 & 5 Labor Day

Wine Revelry!                                                                                                                                       
September 10 & 11

Celtic Fling!                                                                                                                                             
September 17 & 18

Oktoberfest: A Final Huzzah!                                                                                                               
September 24 & 25

Those last two weekends sound like my cup of tea, hopefully I can make it out for one of them or both.