News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Clan Elfwine is on the Ground in CO

Started by Amras Elfwine, June 25, 2011, 10:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amras Elfwine

What a grand two days at faire...the Colorado fest is one of the best to which I've ever been. Gotta love a fest with shuttle buses to get you to the gate from that large parking lot...Great views from all over the site...I think I can see my house in Maryland from Puke-N-Snot hill...the best Captain Jack in any faire...Celtic Legacy, a fantastic AMERICAN Celtic thunder band...the big cat show...one of the most beautiful jousting arenas in existence...the list goes on and on...but, more important, the cast and crew of this faire seems to be having a very grand time, and truly want you to have a good time, a refreshing attitude these days...I'll write more on the faire later...

...most importantly, it was great getting to meet all you friends, the ones we'd known in person, the ones we'd known for years and had never met (you know the deal), and the new ones we got to meet for the first time. All of us of the same mind, yet just different enough in practice to have us all be so interesting and fun to be around, and enjoy each other...I do love you all, and can't wait for next time.
Now, we rest up and pack today, for the big dragon ride back to Mundania tomorrow...I know my mind will remain in the mountains for months to come...
Cheers!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Amras Elfwine

Enjoyed watching dozens of fireworks diplays across the valley from a bluff in Castle Rock last night. Getting ready to head to the airport soon.
Again, it was wonderful! I miss Colorado already...

P.S. Blushing, I did indeed complete a full Pub Crawl on Sunday, and shall renmail you the info.
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

Lady Nicolette

We saw much the same every year we lived in CO, Amras, but from the foothills of the Rockies, near Golden...One year there was a simultaneous lightning show way across the plains as well!
Glad you enjoyed CO, it really is beautiful.
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Amras Elfwine

And we find ourselves back on the ground, chained to an oar in Mundania...I'm not day-dreaming today...not at all...nope... 8)
R/F member since 2004

Al-Nimer

It was a pleasure to meet you and your wife, Amras!  We got to do some of the same things this week that you did last week...

Yesterday we went to see Real Pirates at the Denver Museum of Natural Science with Sir William of Ware, then we happened upon him again at the Wings Over the Rockies Museum!  It was great getting to hear Sir William talk about the finer details of military aircraft ;D  Finally, last night we took the kids to see Cars 2 in 3D.

Today we headed up to Ft. Collins and took a tour of the Budweiser Brewery.  That was very interesting AND tasty  ;)
After lunch in Loveland, we drove up to Estes Park (in the rain) then went up to Rocky Mountain National Park as far as Bear Lake.  We literally took the scenic route back, following the Peak to Peak Highway for a spell, then had dinner in Boulder, before heading back to Denver.  Lots of scenic driving, with several stops for pics along the way  :)

Tomorrow we're going up Pikes Peak on the Cog Railway with Sir William of Ware, then going to visit some family in the Springs area.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Amras Elfwine

It was great to meet you as well.
Bring a sweater for Pikes Peak...it got cold up there!
Wish we had had another month there...oh, well, guess we'll just have to go back!
Cheers!!
R/F member since 2004

Francisco Paula

yes take a sweater or coat, Pikes Peak is somewhere between 30 to 40 degrees cooler up there.

Zoë

Quote from: Al-Nimer on July 07, 2011, 12:54:10 AM

Today we headed up to Ft. Collins and took a tour of the Budweiser Brewery.  That was very interesting AND tasty  ;)

Drat, you should have told us you were coming up! William of Ware came up to Fort Collins yesterday too and my beau and I took him to visit the Odell Brewery, which is not far from Budweiser! Small world...
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Marietta Graziella

That William of Ware... he really gets around!  LOL  :o ;) ;D
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Amras Elfwine

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on July 07, 2011, 11:31:56 AM
That William of Ware... he really gets around!  LOL  :o ;) ;D

Yes, we old gound pounders are often envious of those fly-boy types... :)
R/F member since 2004

Al-Nimer

Quote from: Zoë on July 07, 2011, 10:51:12 AM

Drat, you should have told us you were coming up! William of Ware came up to Fort Collins yesterday too and my beau and I took him to visit the Odell Brewery, which is not far from Budweiser! Small world...

Sorry, just saw this.  Indeed, it is a small world!  Next time we'll be sure and let you know ahead of time.  We kind of planned everything "on the fly" this time  ;)  Plus, we got to leave things to do next time we go to Colorado!

We did have a chilly ride up to Pikes Peak...it was a bit rainy, the summit shrouded in clouds.  Our DD was so happy about being able to "touch a cloud"  ;D  Oh well, we'll just have to go back up (earlier in the day) next time we're up there.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Zoë

Quote from: Al-Nimer on July 08, 2011, 09:29:26 PM
Quote from: Zoë on July 07, 2011, 10:51:12 AM

Sorry, just saw this.  Indeed, it is a small world!  Next time we'll be sure and let you know ahead of time.  We kind of planned everything "on the fly" this time  ;)  Plus, we got to leave things to do next time we go to Colorado!

We did have a chilly ride up to Pikes Peak...it was a bit rainy, the summit shrouded in clouds.  Our DD was so happy about being able to "touch a cloud"  ;D  Oh well, we'll just have to go back up (earlier in the day) next time we're up there.

Or just not at the beginning of monsoon season! :D We've had weather like that all week.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

William of Ware

Hello all...
I had a great time getting around to see some of of the sites in the area. Worked out fantastic and made it really memorable to spend time with Faire friends outside/ not at faire.  Having that list of things to do in the area really helped.  I don't do lots of traveling.... So I think I was pretty successful in seeing some of the area.  Staying for a week, and being able to attend faire for 4 days was well deserved!   Now I pack for a weekend camping trip.  I plan on creating an account with an online webpage for pictures.  I don't have many...... but I would like to share my Rendezvous.
William of Ware
Ren Merc 616
6JR81  Jolly Roger DX Group