News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Flask Policy At CORF

Started by Norfolk, June 27, 2011, 10:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norfolk

Listen carefully, all of you Rendezvous attendees:  Last weekend, a patron attempted to smuggle a backpack full of beer onto the site.  He was caught in the attempt, and now management has tightened gate security DRAMATICALLY.  Purses, strollers, knapsacks, etc. are being checked, sometimes by Sheriff's Deputies, and ALL drink and food items are being denied entry or confiscated.  This includes even bottles of water.

How long this will continue is anyone's guess.

Enough said?
Just call me "Your Grace"

cowgrrl

Great.   ::) Does the Faire have non-alcoholic/non-carbonated beverages?  My 10YO daughter doesn't like soda & of course cannot drink alcohol. I usually bring her in a few juice boxes so she doesn't get dehydrated (although she does love water).

Ms Trish

Time to get that garter flask stitched up then. I presume they haven't resorted to checking up our skirts yet? ;)
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Francisco Paula

Thank you so much for this warning Baron i know you guys signaled me this before i went in the gate yesterday. I will say they did not search my big buffalo bag but i saw them checking other bags, one guy had the camel backpack that they checked i didn't stay at the gate to see if they didn't let him take it in.

Cowgrrl they have bottles of water at $2.25, also have ice tea and lemonade. Also i remember seeing one drink faucet at the real rose jewelry at the top of the hill straight up from front gate.

Trish i will volunteer to make sure the flask is secure in your garter for you.

My advise is don't flaunt that you have something.

Oh also if you try to walk out the gate with a drink in your hand they will stop you, if its water or soda they will just let you go but Liqour can not be carried out the gate even at closing in a cup.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Ms Trish on June 27, 2011, 11:14:21 AM
Time to get that garter flask stitched up then. I presume they haven't resorted to checking up our skirts yet? ;)

How many can you carry?  ;D
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Baron on June 27, 2011, 10:49:39 AM
Listen carefully, all of you Rendezvous attendees:  Last weekend, a patron attempted to smuggle a backpack full of beer onto the site.  He was caught in the attempt, and now management has tightened gate security DRAMATICALLY.  Purses, strollers, knapsacks, etc. are being checked, sometimes by Sheriff's Deputies, and ALL drink and food items are being denied entry or confiscated.  This includes even bottles of water.

How long this will continue is anyone's guess.

Enough said?

Are they checking flasks that are on one's belt?  Are they checking side pouches?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rani Zemirah

I would imagine after the first dozen patrons have to be carted out because of dehydration because they can't afford to buy the water, and they don't have enough fountains around the grounds, they might just be willing to lift the water bottle restriction...  How can a Faire, of all places, only have one drinking fountain?!?  
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Ms Trish

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on June 27, 2011, 11:41:06 AM

How many can you carry?  ;D

As I stand about 5'9"/5'10", I have a lot of leg...

Francisco Paula

i would say if they see it they will ask what is in it and check it.

I would say hide em

Merlin the Elder

We were actually planning on having camels—with water, believe it or not—to ward off the dehydration that we've been cautioned about.  Bummer!  Well, thanks for the warning...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Al-Nimer

>:( >:( >:(

\rant  I'm sorry, but not allowing even bottles of water to be carried in is just plain idiocy, especially when the expected high temps are in the upper 80s.  Do they really have that many beds in the First Aid tent  ???   I think they are just trying to make more $$$ when it's hot out by selling more bottled water.  I can understand not allowing any type of alcohol, but hell, even the Rangers Ballpark allows people to bring plastic bottles of water, soda, juice or whatever, as long as the cooler fits under your seat.

I feel inclined to pack as much as I can into my sporran and pouch, or at the very least bring my wooden mug in FULL of ice.

Once again, common sense fails us as a "no tolerance policy" is enacted by fools.  I hope the PTB are reading this....\rant
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Norfolk

Come now, Lords and Ladies, lighten up a bit.  Just imagine the TSA manning the gate!

Ms Trish

Quote from: Baron on June 27, 2011, 10:36:53 PM
Come now, Lords and Ladies, lighten up a bit.  Just imagine the TSA manning the gate!

If the TSA were manning the gate, the flasks and waterbottles would be banned, but we could pass through the gates with machine guns and flame throwers. :)

Norfolk

Quote from: Ms Trish on June 27, 2011, 11:58:05 AM
Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on June 27, 2011, 11:41:06 AM

How many can you carry?  ;D

As I stand about 5'9"/5'10", I have a lot of leg...

Ms Trish ... PLEASE.  You are giving my imagination entirely too much exercise here!

Capt Spleen

Baron, we have three days of her starting Friday evening.......
You'd better give your imagination, plenty of rest.