News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Flask Policy At CORF

Started by Norfolk, June 27, 2011, 10:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

The camel has but one hump, the dromedary two.
Perhaps its the other way around.
I'm never sure, are you?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Hey- Arent You?

important to note, that nothing about this policy is NEW. it has been the policy for as long as I can remember.
as with many policy's that are loosely enforced, people took advantage, abuse became blatant and excessive, and managemet cracked down. want someone to blame?  blame the stupid people who don't understand the word 'discrete'.  Blame the people who try to swear "it's just a snack for my baby!" (really?  you brought your infant a sub sandwich and a family size bag of cheetos? really?).  Blame the people who think rules should not apply to them, like the people who snuck in their DOG in a purse. Like the people who brought in a TENT and put it up at joust.
No one is shocked when they search your bags at disneyland or other amusement park, or at a concert, or any other similar festival type venue.  No one would think to bring their own food to a restraunt (where they sell food, just like we do) and expect the staff to clean up after them.  you are still welcome to leave a cooler in your car   and picnic in the parking lot. you can come and go as many times as you wish.
and Please, do not abuse the gate staff. they are doing their jobs as they are instructed.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Merlin the Elder

Wiki says the dromedary (or Arabian) camel has one, the bactrian camel has two.  If you are believing Wiki, ancestors of the modern camel evolved in North America (!) and later spread to Asia.

BTW, I wish you and the Don were joining us in Colorado!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Marietta Graziella

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on June 28, 2011, 03:20:43 PM
important to note, that nothing about this policy is NEW. it has been the policy for as long as I can remember.
as with many policy's that are loosely enforced, people took advantage, abuse became blatant and excessive, and managemet cracked down. want someone to blame?  blame the stupid people who don't understand the word 'discrete'.  Blame the people who try to swear "it's just a snack for my baby!" (really?  you brought your infant a sub sandwich and a family size bag of cheetos? really?).  Blame the people who think rules should not apply to them, like the people who snuck in their DOG in a purse. Like the people who brought in a TENT and put it up at joust.
No one is shocked when they search your bags at disneyland, or at a concert,  or any other similar festival type venue.  No one would think to bring their own food to a restraunt (where they sell food, just like we do) and expect the staff to clean up after them.  you are still welcome to leave a cooler in your car   and picnic in the parking lot. you can come and go as many times as you wish.
and Please, do not abuse the gate staff. they are doing their jobs as they are instructed.

Never abuse the gate staff!!  They are just the messengers.  Discretion and courtesy are the best ways to help gate staff do their job and still allow you to have your way. 
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Merlin the Elder

Sorry for the double post, but I have no doubt that it's not a new policy, Hey. Not bringing in food and drink is pretty much S.O.P. at any place that sells it! It only makes sense.  I also have no doubt that there were those that totally abused any blind eye that may have been turned. Seems there's always going to be at least one jerk.

Nim and I have to travel with our own water. We've been terribly ill from water that our systems weren't used to in the past, and there's no way I'll chance going through that again, especially 1000 miles from home. I guess we have sensitive systems.  As far as food is concerned, I'm looking forward to sampling the faire's fare!  That's just one of the things we like to do!

As long as the gate staff doesn't try to strip search me, we'll get along famously! I've been in the hospitality business in the past. There is no way I'm going to abuse the staff.

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Norfolk

Well said, Hey.  Well said, indeed!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Francisco Paula

Thank you so much for your words Hey.

To be honest when it comes to food and drink the prices at our faire are pretty average or even below average. Our turkey legs are only $5.50 and from what i saw being handed out they are also on steroids.

So come enjoy have some drink and food see some entertainment and have fun.

Oh and the word for the weekend is Discret

cowgrrl

Quote from: Blushing on June 28, 2011, 01:04:48 PM
Guests are allowed to bring in plain, clear water ... that comes direct from the front gate mistress.

Thank goodness!  Plain water it is.

LadyAriella

I asked Betty and she said "sealed water bottles only."

I don't think they're going to be too picky about camel packs or a refillable water bottle but if you don't want to risk it, factory sealed water bottles only.

Al-Nimer

Quote from: LadyAriella on June 30, 2011, 12:42:44 AM
I asked Betty and she said "sealed water bottles only."

I don't think they're going to be too picky about camel packs or a refillable water bottle but if you don't want to risk it, factory sealed water bottles only.
So I can't fill up my mug with ice from my cooler and bring it in?  That's just hard water!  ;)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

LadyAriella

Quote from: Al-Nimer on June 30, 2011, 08:39:33 AM
So I can't fill up my mug with ice from my cooler and bring it in?  That's just hard water!  ;)

I'm pretty inclined to say they're going to ask you to dump the ice out. But, hey, it's worth a try as long as you don't intend to get fussy if you get asked to lose the ice.

Tanda

You can go back the car as much as you want. And if you get there early, it's not so far. I usually leave my cloak in the car until it rains. And on days I'm prepared, I leave water and a Dr. Pepper in there too!
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

kcdcchef

Its always a shame when one person has to ruin it for everyone! But at my home faire, KCRF, it is just like CORF, even if you park in Siberia cause you get there late, it is still a mere 2 minute walk to the car. Keep an ice chest and come and go as you please!