News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

first time at KHRF

Started by crobindonkey, June 27, 2011, 01:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crobindonkey

I will be traveling to KHRF for this weekend.  What are some shows and vendors that are a must see?

amy

I was a first timer this year too.   Love it.   Not sure what you might be "into" but I made sure to catch Iris & Rose as often as I could, and the Drunk & Sailer show at the Twisted Thistle (over 21).   they have great pub sing twice a day and their Mud Show is hysterical.   The Freelancers do their joust, and it is NOT acting.  They are the real McCoys and are really trying to kill each other I think!   If you want to interact with the cast don't miss the Rat Pucking down their main street each afternoon.   No matter what you choose to see you won't be disappointed if you want very friendly folks and a great atmosphere.   This faire is small but mighty.

Capt Lucy

Don't forget Pickled Brothers, Iron Hill Vagabonds, and Jack Salt... oh and the washer wenches!
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...

Old Tinker

Quote from: amy on June 27, 2011, 03:37:58 PM
I was a first timer this year too.   Love it.   Not sure what you might be "into" but I made sure to catch Iris & Rose as often as I could, and the Drunk & Sailer show at the Twisted Thistle (over 21).   they have great pub sing twice a day and their Mud Show is hysterical.   The Freelancers do their joust, and it is NOT acting.  They are the real McCoys and are really trying to kill each other I think!   If you want to interact with the cast don't miss the Rat Pucking down their main street each afternoon.   No matter what you choose to see you won't be disappointed if you want very friendly folks and a great atmosphere.   This faire is small but mighty.

Dearest amy, me's could not have said it better, well done.
OT & B...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Kate

Aren't the M'Cracks a show within themselves?

ARE WE THERE YET??
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Pinn

I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Old Tinker

Quote from: Kate on June 28, 2011, 06:40:10 AM
Aren't the M'Cracks a show within themselves?

ARE WE THERE YET??

dear Kate, we's do not want to scare off any peoples,
tis better me thinks that they see it for themselves,  :o
they will find out about the M'Crack Clan soon enough.  ;)
Tink and Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Sigundo

See all you can. It CAN be done in a day if you plan your viewing and plan each step. Two days is even better to see everything. Nuttin but Mud has two completely different shows (except of course the mud itself is the same). Dueling Fools is new this year, but was very good. Pickled Brothers is also a show you don't want to miss. I didn't get to see Suds N Buds (washer women) because of Dr Kaboom (as he was only there for one weekend), so can't comment on that one. Don't miss the Jousting of course. I also liked the magic show, once I found it nestled in the trees. ::)

Hmmm... maybe you better take two days if you can, plenty of good musicians to see as well, plus the once a day items to watch.. rat pucking, parade, maypole..etc etc. Plus you'll need time between shows to stroll along the vendor shoppes. If you only have one day, print out a schedule from their web page and connect the squares. Any blank time (there's not a lot, but a couple open spots for free time) you can eat or shop.
I clicked "change profile" but it still looks as bad as it did before! Please fix!

crobindonkey

Thanks everyone.  I am looking forward to this weekend!

Lady Deborah

7/9 will be our first visit to KHRF as well.  Looking forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting new friends.

renfairephotog

Freelancers, Nuttin but Mud, Picked Brothers, and Jack Salt.
Also this weekned Archery tournament and Heavy Athletic Competition.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

crobindonkey

Thank you all for a wonderful day at faire.  Unfortunately, I was unable to come for the second day, but I really enjoyed myself.  I want to especially thank the ladies from Misplaced Laces for making me feel welcome.

Maeve McMayhem

You are very welcome. =) We are both glad that you had a great day! Here's to hoping we will see you next year!  ;D
"Castleteer"
IWG #3771
1/2 of Misplaced Laces