News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Anybody know when tickets ship?

Started by Sigundo, April 16, 2011, 09:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

Maybe those were your 2010 tickets, and the 2011 tickets are still on the way...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Nyneve

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on May 10, 2011, 06:33:46 PM
Maybe those were your 2010 tickets, and the 2011 tickets are still on the way...

:P ::)
I cannot believe in a God who does not Dance -Freidrich Nietzsche
The curve is more powerful than the Sword  -Mae West

Sigundo

Quote from: Athena on May 10, 2011, 01:48:36 AM
The trees cool the site down (being close to the lake also helps), so it's not unbearable on hot days.

Haha... you don't know me yet. When I went to the Scarborough Faire, I think I let everybody know to take the normal temp for the time and add 8. I was still low by a few degrees.  It was 91 and 89 the 2 days I went, (the only days I could) and the very next weekend, in the 70's I believe. The Ohio Ren Festival the year before ended up with a hot spot almost centered on the faire during Labor Day weekend. (I still enjoyed the faires, but this year I"m hitting the ORF in Octoburr).

Great Lakes faire I don't have a choice really (no cool months) and reserved a "brownie point" spot for the wife to stay in while we're there. Another person from work here has been and said its nice in the shade even in July, so I will give it the old college try. Really sounds like a nice faire.

Still have the KY Highland Faire between now and the Great Lakes, and its mostly shaded (and the parts that are not shaded usually have that black cloth which shades pretty well).
I clicked "change profile" but it still looks as bad as it did before! Please fix!

Merlin the Elder

Unfortunately, Sigundo, that was an unusually warm opening weekend. Two months prior to that, we were at Sherwood for opening, and Saturday is was 85...in MID-FEBRUARY for peat's (as opposed to Pete's) sake.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Sigundo

Thanks Merlin, now I have some more proof of the Sigundo Curse (my appearance = unusual warmth). Now it is much harder to link the "Japan earthquake made the earth shift its axis just enough to change the weather patterns to move the rainy weather onto my new days off" theory, as it would counter the "always HOTTER when I go to renaissance faires" theory, being my new days off are Saturday and Sunday, what will the earth do?

All I can hope for is that everybody else's luck is greater than my curse (or maybe faires will just be horrible on days I go, so I'll warn everybody beforehand).

By the way, I AM going to the KY Highland faire on Doctor Kaboom weekend, so bring an umbrella (for shade or rain) and you should be save. haha.  ::)

P.S. Not trying to belittle the catastrophy over there, that was another of a string of nasty events going on lately.
I clicked "change profile" but it still looks as bad as it did before! Please fix!

Arianwyn

I ordered my season pass online today and requested that it be mailed to me.  How long do you think it will take to get to Canada?  Nothing came up indicating that there would be a problem but I am worried now if it took 4 weeks in the U.S......hope it gets here  :-\

Sigundo

Well, if the letter that came with my tickets was true, it was a problem with the ticket printers causing the delays, so hopefully if that is fixed, you shouldn't have to wait as long. Good luck to you.

trevor ylisaari

Quote from: Athena on May 10, 2011, 01:48:36 AM
The office may be unorganized when it comes to communication and distributing tickets, but the faire itself is wonderful.

Actually, the office isn't bad, when there are actually people in the office.
The problem is, no one is there during the off season.
Not until like May
Now that Beth and the others are in the office, you can actually call and get answers to questions.

Lady Catharine

My certificate arrived  couple weeks ago..
Just expecting the season stickers to arrive then a ride to the lands of Avaloch  ;)
'A feast is made for laughter,
and wine maketh merry'

HawkMom

Beth at the office at GLMF has been diligently reconstructing and recovering the lost ticket sales records. If you have any ticket issues, contact her  Email:  wheelingmom1@yahoo.com.   Please provide her the date you purchased the ticket, /pass and if you kept the email, the invoice number is helpful too. 
The essence of falconry is not in the flight or the kill, but man's relationship with his hawk.      --- T.H. White

Sigundo

Well, due to some complications with the wife's surgery, we can't go to the faire. I stuck the tickets on the buy and sell area of forums in case anybody is interested. Also opened up the room at Polly Harper Inn over the weekend of the 16th in case anybody wants to earn points with the better half, looked like a nice place, maybe next year.

Nyneve

Oh Sigundo, so sorry you are unable to make it this year! Best wishes to you and your lovely wife...mayhaps we shall meet next year!
I cannot believe in a God who does not Dance -Freidrich Nietzsche
The curve is more powerful than the Sword  -Mae West

Sigundo

I sure hope so. We are still planning to make the ORF in October, everything should be fine and dandy by then... and cooler too! Still that bed and breakfast looked nice, but I can get it for next year as well I suppose once I have the confirmed vacation time from work.