News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

When are you going to Bristol this year?

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, June 28, 2011, 06:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

We bought our first season passes and will be there every Sunday.  Plus I will be there with friends both days of opening weekend, both days of the weekend July 23-24, and the 3 days of the Labor Day weekend.

The M'Crack pub is at The Town Square Public House, near the Fountainside Stage.  We usually congregate around 3 pm-ish for a toast.  You don't have to be a M'Crack to come say hi. 

Also, please look for RF pins around the faire.  That's a great way to meet other forum members.

Hope to see you there!    ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Mademoiselle D

I can't believe that opening weekend is just over a week and a half away!  So I took the plunge this year and joined the Guilde of St. George so I will actually be on cast this season as Mistress Eleanor Pimm the Mistress of the Stillroom to the Earl and Countess of Sussex.  I should be out there performing most Saturdays and all of opening weekend. 

I'll probably be taking a few patron days this summer just because work responsibilities will interfere with me performing so I will try to stop by on those days. 

Lady Renee did you see they got the entertainment schedule up on the website now?  Looks like the line up should be pretty good this year. 

Genta

I might make a trip out, I'm not sure when I should.  probably earlier in the run than later because later will be MNRF which is closer to home.
Capt. Bacardi--- "a long wet one up here, it will not quit"
Gauwyn of Bracknell-- "M'Lady likes the bangers"

Lady De Rue Rue

We will be there both days on opening weekend and one weekend day (hopefully Saturdays) until the faire ends.  Unless we don't get enough of the faire on Saturday then we will return on a Sunday.

We joined the Friends of the Faire as well.  Can't wait to meet everyone!

Cheers!  ;D

eloquentXI

There is a chance that I could be making it Labor Day weekend due to the kindness of a friend. Not for sure just yet.  :)

Got room for two Texans in your shire for a weekend?  :D
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Lady Renee Buchanan

ALWAYS room, Elo!  Hope it works out.   ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We are looking at last weekend of July or first weekend of August.  We attended for the first time last year and really liked this faire (although, we like them all, big and small).
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Avidd

Looks like opening and Labor Day weekends for me.

Cofeeguru

Opening weekend Saturday for me! If you see me and my pin, please feel free to stop me and say hi! :)
"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;"-T.S. Eliot, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock

Lord Clisto of York

This is my home faire and my 35th anniv. year of doing it. So, I am looking to be there - Opening Sunday July 10, then July 16,17,24,30,31,August 7,13,14,21,27 & 28. Last weekend (Labor Day weekend) I travel to the Des Moines Ren faire to perform for their three week run. These Bristol dates are tenative except for opening and two others. I may opt out of going to some to get some things done around my house. And, I may go to the Danville Faire again this year on either the 27 or 28 of August. Since I have to work every other Saturday, my time is cut already by 4 of the days plus all 3 last weekend. I will try and post when I will be going for sure.

Lord Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Sunday, August 21st for the Earl and I as we head East towards to Upstate New York for a combination High School/Family Reunion.

PLenty of stops along the way like Niagra Falls, Cooperstown, Ellis Island, Gettysburg, Chicago, then home. Duration: just about 2 weeks. Home in time to attend Minnesota for part of the Labor Day wekend.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Lord Clisto of York

Here are this years pins for sale.  I have them already. Get them at the gift shop. Not sure if the Pub Crawl one is only for those who do it or not.

Front

Back

Pub Crawl Pin

Lord Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Lady Mac

We have been here since last wed, so lookinh forward tomorrows' opening. We could
not wait to get up here from the heat in Texas. For everyones' information, the mosquito
problem that has plaqued us in many years past is well under control this year. A few here
and there, but not bad at all. Enjoy Bristol, we will.

Lady Mac's Horns, Canes @ Staffs
Every Lord needs a good stick...
Every Lady too.

Dustin

Depending on finances and transportation, I am hoping to make it on Sunday, August 14 to celebrate my birthday at Bristol. I already have the day off (with pay) from work. We have some things to do to the vehicle to make it long trip worthy, but my fingers and toes are crossed!
If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV

Cofeeguru

Whew! Back in MN from Bristol!  Had a great time, but MAN was it hot yesterday, I'm glad I brought my dane clothing with me to the car!  But it was a ton of fun!  Now I just have to rehydrate.
"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;"-T.S. Eliot, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock