News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

When are you going to Bristol this year?

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, June 28, 2011, 06:01:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Clisto of York

You got that right. Sunday was one of the first times in some years where I actually left earlier since I was physically feeling the humidity and I was drinking water all day. But next weekend I will be there at least Sunday again for sure.

Lord Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Lady Renee Buchanan

On Sunday, I didn't even wear a bodice,  just a chemise, skirt, and socks.  And I had a new record.  First aid tent second day of faire.  Usually I don't visit them until later in the season when it's really hot!  But I was sweltering and starting to get dizzy, & I know my limits, so I rested in the A/C with a cold, wet towel on my for about 15 minutes, and then left.  And for hydration?  On Saturday, I drank a full gallon of water and a half gallon of gatorade.  Sunday, a gallon of water, and 3/4 gallon of gatorade. 

It's pretty bad when you are walking in the lanes and 2 different times people you know come up to you and asked if I was ok, because I didn't look well.  Very nice of them to be concerned, but I thought, "goodness, I must look as awful as I feel hot!"
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lord Clisto of York

Indeed it is. I think everyone was looking out for each other more. When I even found myself sitting more I knew something was not the same. I drank a ton of water, but the tingling in the fingers was still there until I got out to my car and into the air conditioning. Hope this next weekend is cooler.

Lord Clisto

Lady Spicer

We are doing our annual trek this coming very hot weekend of July 16, 17.  We hope to see many of you there - in garb or not!

8)
Lady "Cinnamon" Spicer
Baroness of Worchester
Kimberly Grandprey
MN Renaissance Court

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lord Clisto of York

With the way the weather is suppose to be this Sunday, I just may opt to stay home this weekend. It is to be worse then last weekend in the 90's with heat index of 104 up. I will make up my mind in the morning at that time.

Lord Clisto

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Lord Clisto of York on July 15, 2011, 08:43:10 PM
With the way the weather is suppose to be this Sunday, I just may opt to stay home this weekend. It is to be worse then last weekend in the 90's with heat index of 104 up. I will make up my mind in the morning at that time.

Lord Clisto

We shall be there on Aug 6th.  Remember us from DM?

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lord Clisto of York

Indeed... Hopefully the weather will cool down.

Lady Renee Buchanan

M'Crack meet & greet - open to EVERYONE - at 3:30 pm at the little garden (glade) next to the Town Hall Pub.  This is the 2 story pub closest to the front entrance when you come in through the gates, and next to the Fountainside Stage.  If you see the fountain, you'll see the Fountainside Stage.  Facing the stage, look to your left.  You will see the glade, and a big tree with seats around it.  And the pub.  As long as I haven't wilted and ended up in First Aid, I'll be there at 3:30. 

We are pinning a Clan pet, if she attends Bristol tomorrow, so join us to meet other RF members and for a toast.

3:30 p.m. on Sunday, July 17th
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Mademoiselle D

Lady Spicer, did you and Lord Gregory make a stop at the Noble's Glade on Saturday.  I thought I saw you but unfortunately could not get over to greet you.  I hope you did enjoy your visit to Bristol despite the heat. 

eloquentXI

So our plans have changed, Ron and I will not be at Bristol for Labor Day.  :'( I promise I'll try and come some other time.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Lord Clisto of York

I wasn't planning on going this Saturday since I have to work later, but, I may go early in the morning for about 4 hours. Then I have to leave to go to a friends Wake before going into work late. It is a medieval weekend and Saturday is suppose to be hot but not as hot as Sunday so going earlier may work. But, I still should be there on Sunday as well. How long I can't say, since it is suppose to once again be a very hot day. We shall see. Keeping an eye on the weather....

Saturday - Intervals of clouds and sun with a thunderstorm; warm and humid 85 but feels like 97, 60% precipitation possibility.

Sunday - Times of sun and clouds, very warm and very humid with a couple of showers and a thunderstorm; 89 feels like 106, 60% precipitation possibility.

Lord Clisto

Lord Clisto of York

Went to Bristol from morning to early afternoon then had to leave to attend a wake. Weather was not all that bad so I was in heavy crusader garb. But, not sure on going back tomorrow (Sunday). Heat is BACK!!! Sunday forecast below -

A couple of strong thunderstorms around; periods of clouds and sun, hot and very humid 91 degrees with a heat index of 107.

If I go, it will be early.

Lord Clisto

Lord Clisto of York

Lady de Rue Rue,

Was a pleasure to meet you and your family. I hope i can get a picture of all of you next time you are there. Just let me know when. It turned out to be a not so bad day, although I had to leave early. I should be there both days this weekend for some time. Maybe not all day, but most of them. Then next week I work Sat so Sun would be the only day I could go. And so on and so on...

Lord Clisto

RikkaVilasini

We are hoping to attend Aug 28.  Haven't been to Bristol in 6 years.  A shame, I know.
Member of the Lost Viking Hoard