News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

RenDezvous 2011 - Sunday night dinner ...

Started by Blushing, June 28, 2011, 11:46:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Francisco Paula

WHAT PARTY at MG's and Trish room.....i'll bring the Loki.

Ms Trish

Quote from: Sir Garath on June 29, 2011, 09:02:23 AM
WHAT PARTY at MG's and Trish room.....i'll bring the Loki.

I am very curious to try your peppermint patty! I made two batches of loki myself this year. Not too bad for a beginner. I've already got the seal approval from our Queen Mum and The Tortuga Twins.  :D
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Marietta Graziella

I can attest to the tastiness of Trish's Loki!  So very yum.  I'm sure sips will be made available at faire.   :)  Discretely!
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Francisco Paula

If you want the recipes for the ones Jen and me have done just say so and we will have them for you this weekend. You should also try our new one "cherry chocolate"

Francisco Paula

trish cause i like you i have picked up some chocolate extract for loki making

Merlin the Elder

Methinks I should like to talk with someone about this Loki thing... It sounds like something I should stay far away from, ergo, I want some!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Ms Trish

Quote from: Sir Garath on June 29, 2011, 08:29:46 PM
trish cause i like you i have picked up some chocolate extract for loki making

*clap clap* Yay! Don't you need some mellowing out time for it though?

Ms Trish

Quote from: Marietta Graziella on June 29, 2011, 09:23:02 AM
I can attest to the tastiness of Trish's Loki!  So very yum.  I'm sure sips will be made available at faire.   :)  Discretely!

*giggle* That's all I'm going to say on that!

Francisco Paula

the chocolate extract is for making loki dear

Ms Trish

Quote from: Sir Garath on June 29, 2011, 11:06:32 PM
the chocolate extract is for making loki dear
Yes, I realized that, Garath. I was asking if your Loki doesn't require time to mellow out after creation? It takes mine several weeks before that booze taste magically abates.

Francisco Paula

using extracts it seems it takes less time to mellow out but like our cherry chocolate we use bing cherry juice and cherries to make it so that does take more time

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Sir Garath on June 30, 2011, 08:07:02 AM
using extracts it seems it takes less time to mellow out but like our cherry chocolate we use bing cherry juice and cherries to make it so that does take more time

I hope to try your chocolate cherry. I brought some English toffee, caramel chocolate and hot apple.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Capt Spleen

As a followup to Sunday night Dinner..... I know we had originally planned for Chilli's, but as Saturday night was a crowded cluster, AND SUNDAY nights usually get busy with cast, I thought it might behoove us to go to RockYard instead.
I tried to get the word out, and my intention was to go to Rockyard, then swing by Chilli's later.
We had a late/changed seating, and the goodbye's took longer as they seem to when new friends have been made.
Some showed up later, and then it was after 11PM, I was wiped out from the week/weekend. And never made it to Chilli's to resume the rest of the farewells.
My scincerest apologies to those I'd missed.
Wishing your travels were safe and without incident......
Hope to see you all at future faires, and festivals.

Zoë

I'm sad that I had to leave the Sunday evening dinner meeting so early, especially after not making it to the Saturday dinner. I wish I'd had more of a chance to visit with more of my new (and old!) friends that night. Alas, an 80 mile drive is a difficult one to make at night after 2 exhaustingly hot days of faire. Nevertheless, it was a pleasure to see all of you and I hope to see some of you again very soon!

Much love,
Zoe
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Amras Elfwine

Managed to make both locations on Sunday night...a grand time was had at both locations...Colorado, you done good... ;)
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel