News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Anyone know a good mechanic in Loveland?

Started by Kariuss, June 28, 2011, 08:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kariuss

So yeah was heading to Rocky Mountain National Park and the carriage died in Loveland I called one garage but apparently they didn't want my money. So we are at the Super 8 tonight and need to find a mechanic in the morning.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

i do but I don't...

Meaning he lives by my mom and I have used him a few times by having my mom contact him. Last I heard he was retiring or retired.

Also depends on the make of the car. If it is none ford, Chevy or dodge, Metric Motors is good.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Kariuss

It's a 99 Ford Explorer. I guess I will just call around in the morning. This sucks I can see the mountains but can't get there and I was so stoked when they first came into view.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Sent you a PM this morning with the name of a mechanic. Hope this helps and hope you get it fixed up. Enjoy your stay in Loveland. While your at it, there is a Great Brewery south and east of the Super 8 south of the Super Walmart called Grimm Brothers. They have some very good tasting beers there if you like beer.

It is kind of hidden away back in what looks like industrial building but there is a sign on the grass away that kind of points the way.

if you like good mexican food... while you are in Loveland, west of the Super 8 not east is Santiago's It is next to an office max and is great food. MUCH better than 3 Margarities.

Enjoy the stay and hope to meet you at faire.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Kariuss

So I called a mobile mechanic I found in the phone book he seemed really nice  and he checked everything over problem was it wasn't acting up so he couldn't find anything wrong. Good thing was he didn't even charge me for looking at it. Took it to the Ford place the guy recommended. The guy I talked to said they could look it over for a hundred and seven dollars but admitted they probably wouldn't find anything since it wasnt messing up right now.  We are staying in Loveland again tonight might try to take a little trip just to see if it dies again.

BLAKDUKE

Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Kariuss on June 29, 2011, 01:49:43 PM
So I called a mobile mechanic I found in the phone book he seemed really nice  and he checked everything over problem was it wasn't acting up so he couldn't find anything wrong. Good thing was he didn't even charge me for looking at it. Took it to the Ford place the guy recommended. The guy I talked to said they could look it over for a hundred and seven dollars but admitted they probably wouldn't find anything since it wasnt messing up right now.  We are staying in Loveland again tonight might try to take a little trip just to see if it dies again.

Since you are staying local for the night... Head north to Ft Collins. New Belgium Brewery has free tours AND you can sample some of the beer there for free. You can buy it there but you cannot drink what you buy there. Not far is O'Dells also a Great brewery that does not have free beer but you can drink what you buy there like a pub

if you like good food. Hu Hot is the BEST and it's all you can eat. get there before 4pm and you pay $9 after 4 it will be $13 with a soup or salad. it is on Main (College) in Ft Collins.

If you are into Steampunk up in Masonville there is a fun mercantile that sells Victorian clothing.
"The Metal Maiden"

Kariuss

Yeah the last time it did it the warning sign was it started bucking when I tried to accelerate. He said it could be the fuel pump but he checked the pressure and it was reading fine. He also said it might be the electronic ignition Thingy heating up and messing up.

Capt Spleen

Kariuss,
If you get in a fix, I've sent my cell number to your PM.....
Call if you need help.

BTW, Info/help/assistance cards will be available at Fri evening Meet N Greet.

Kariuss

Thanks Spleen. We made it to Castle Rock with no problems. Vehicle is still running fine giving her a rest at McDonalds and then we will try to make it down to the zoo in Colorado Springs

Kariuss

Got lost and found seven falls instead of the zoo. Got to the motel and my debit card wouldn't work it's just not my week. Anyways just ordered a 5 pound pizza this should be yummy.

Capt Spleen

Don't forget to leave room for RenDezvous!

Capt Spleen

Kariuss...? Kariuss......?

Let us know if you and the nephew got back home ok........

Haven't heard from you, my friend......

Merlin the Elder

Ummm...yeah, that would be a good idea.  So busy worrying about myself, forgot to worry about everyone else.  I can be very selfish at times...

Has everyone else checked in?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Capt Spleen

I am releived to post, that Kariuss and Nephew are home and safe.