News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Bipolar weather of Colorado

Started by Adriana Rose, June 29, 2011, 01:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adriana Rose

This way we can talk about the weather without cluttering up the photo thread ;D

LadyAriella

Hahaha, good idea. Wonder if we should ask a mod to move the last two pages of the photo thread over here since we usurped it?

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Weather for July 2 - 3... Unpredicatable Some where between Rainy and Hot with temps in the Low 70's to the low 100's. 5% of Snow and 5% - 100% chance of hail are possible. Keep the Sunscreen on and the umbrella handy.

Weather for June 26 - 27 HOT with a little more heat, low humidy and LOTS of dust
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Ms Trish

I think Lady de Laney has a future in meteorology!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Francisco Paula

the weather people in colorado are the only people i know that can be wrong 80% of the time and still keep thier jobs.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Ms Trish on June 29, 2011, 02:59:07 PM
I think Lady de Laney has a future in meteorology!

Just call me Kathy Saben, or Becky Ditchfield. I'd LOVE to make the money they make by guessing the weather, pointing at a screen, wearing nice outfits, have my own hair and make-up artists and everything else that goes with being a Weather Model :P
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zoë

I'm looking for a job, I could do that kind of work....especially if I'm not beholden to prove my guesses!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Norfolk

Quote from: Zoë on June 29, 2011, 10:58:27 PM
I'm looking for a job, I could do that kind of work....especially if I'm not beholden to prove my guesses!

I can think of no other field where one can make good money being wrong more than 50% of the time.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Zoë

Quote from: Baron on June 30, 2011, 09:33:14 AM
Quote from: Zoë on June 29, 2011, 10:58:27 PM

I can think of no other field where one can make good money being wrong more than 50% of the time.

Perhaps politics...but in that case they are wrong ALL of the time!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Temps from 80 - 93 with a 20 - 60% chance of thunderstorms starting sometime between 10AM and 6PM

**EDIT** Based up 10 different sites I visited as well as my smart phone
"The Metal Maiden"

Norfolk

Quote from: Lady de Laney on July 01, 2011, 02:36:19 PM
Temps from 80 - 93 with a 20 - 60% chance of thunderstorms starting sometime between 10AM and 6PM

**EDIT** Based up 10 different sites I visited as well as my smart phone

A 13 point spread for the temperature and 40 point spread for the probability of precip is not a forecast; it's a wild a** guess!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Merlin the Elder

It seems to that I recall the Hippie Dippy Weatherman, George Carlin, say "tomorrow will be dark, with intermittent periods of light" or something equally non-committal...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Tanda

o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

The sites I checked varied with each difcerent. Some sites said in tbe 80's other sites the mid 90's. Some said no rain, while others said 68% chance
"The Metal Maiden"

Bahlien

Weather.com says 77, and stormy.  Looking out the window right now, that is a fair estimate. I figure it'll probably be around 84 at the hottest, and cloudy-ish towards the evening. It'll be a nice weekend. Wish I could be there to enjoy it!
"Always with the negative waves, Always with the negative waves. Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful."