News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pirate Days in the Colony, Texas

Started by Blackbead, June 16, 2008, 03:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackbead

THis looks very interesting for those living in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and who don't mind a little Hollywood in their pirate!

http://piratedays.org/1.html

Check it out!

Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Ottheinrich

I plan on being there hope there is a large turn out

Is this a new faire/gathering?

I live about 5 minutes from there

Al-Nimer

Looks like a fun event!  I think cowgrrl & I will try to make it, especially since admission is FREE  ;D
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Emerald Shaunassey

It does indeed sound like fun.  Keep your fingers crossed that The Colony officials be liking pira... er .. privateers such as m'self an' m' crew!

Here's to hoping!

Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Ottheinrich

Quote from: Emerald Shaunassey on June 18, 2008, 04:13:48 AM
It does indeed sound like fun.  Keep your fingers crossed that The Colony officials be liking pira... er .. privateers such as m'self an' m' crew!

Here's to hoping!

Emerald

Are you going to just visit or perform at the Pirate Days of The Colony.

If you are going to perform there have you contacted them and did the respond?
I tried to contact them about being a sponsor but havent heard back yet.
Let me know if you hear from them please.

Emerald Shaunassey

Ottheinrich,
     We have applied to perform at this event and I must say I was most impressed with the speedy reply from the lady in charge of entertainment.  Our performance proposal has been submitted and we await word of acceptance or declination at this point in time.

I hope you hear back from those in charge of sponsorship soon, you may want to do a follow-up e-mail just to jog their memory; from the sounds of it, the entire staff is blown away by the response to their pirate theme.

Keep us updated, aye?

Emerald
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Ottheinrich

I left them a message thru their website on Monday and still haven't heard from them. I guess they got all the sponsorship they need. I wasn't going to ask for any thing in return I just wanted this faire to do succeed and maybe return next year.

I'm not a very patient person so maybe I should push myself and wait a little longer  :P

How did they contact you? E-mail or phone call?

Emerald Shaunassey

Via e-mail then made arrangements to speak with me on the phone.  I'd probably drop them another e-mail just to ensure that they did recieve your first one.

cowgrrl

Anyone heard anything else about this festival?  We're already looking forward to it.

Emerald Shaunassey

Other than they declined to hire my troupe to perform, not a word have I seen or heard. 

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Fair Winds,
Emerald

Moon Dawg

I should think that most of us would be a bit wild for them.
M)D ;D
Moon)Dawg
Mage of the Majick Box
Keeper of the Pygmypony
Wizard to the Kingdom of Onondaga

Ottheinrich

Quote from: Emerald Shaunassey on September 07, 2008, 10:48:20 PM
Other than they declined to hire my troupe to perform, not a word have I seen or heard. 

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Fair Winds,
Emerald

Im sorry to hear that you will not be performing there.

Emerald Shaunassey

Quote from: Ottheinrich on September 08, 2008, 04:28:14 AM
Im sorry to hear that you will noe be performing there.

As am I, Ottheinrich, I was so looking forward to this event.  But in reviewing their events page (http://piratedays.org/3.html) - I see now why they couldn't afford to hire my troupe - they have blown their budget with all the acts; some of which are not cheap.  Leaves very little for groups like mine who just wish to cover their expenses and not be greedy.

Ah well, gives us more time to dream up bits for other places. 

Have an outstanding day!
Emerald

Blackbead

Sorry, I was to hear that ye will not be in The Colony . . . but we can drown our sorrows with a bucket or two at Middlefaire!  See ya soon, Captain, and get your singing voice in practice - "God Take the King!" is ready for presentation to the crew!  I wound up using an old tune ("The Irish Jaunting Car," also used by a guy named McCarthy as the music for a little piece called "The Bonny Blue Flag") but the words fit well and it is a nice, rousing protest song!  The chorus goes:  "Huzzah!  Huzzah! 'Tis a new song I sing, give me rum, freedom, and buckets of gold and GOD TAKE THE KING!"

Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Emerald Shaunassey

I hope to have m' pipes in working order by the time the song be sung, dear Blackbead.  I am lookin forward to Middlefaire and all that it contains!

Fair Seas m' friend,
Emerald