News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Austin ARRG- July 26th

Started by Queen Bonnie, June 16, 2008, 03:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eloquentXI

Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

DT_Masters

Made it back safely an hour after departure from the realm. Got the food into the refrig or freezer, had to move non critical items into the coolers to make room. Both the upper and lower portion are filled with bread! I'll see how the few digitals I took came out but it well be a little while on the 35mm's.

It was wonderfully fun! and I'm glad I went!

Var Greyshadow

Pictures AND video to come!  Got home yesterday evening after a little jaunt into Austin.  (Things Celtic has stuff we may want for the wedding.  Yes, we are getting Celtic wedding bands.)  Fun party!  So good to see everyoine and to get to know some better!
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Queen Bonnie

It was FUN! Thank you all for coming! I had a good time. Got to bed at 2:30AM - up at 7AM. Meow Manor is back to normal.
We had a visit from the garage toilet nargle but I will watch it and hope I don't have to call the Royal Plumber! Not nearly as bad as last year. The Nargle repelling spells worked- mostly.
The pictures are great!I want more!  I had fun singing!  Another successful ARRG! Thanks for the food and help and friendship!

Lost and found-
cigarette case?
Tee shirt ?
Towel?
, Mans bathing suit.

More anon!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

RenRobin

Queen Bonnie, thank you again for the fine hospitality at your beautiful home.  

Man what a spread!  Lech your brisket rocked, and Molden your dragon eggs were magically yummy!  It was great meeting those I had not met before and seeing those familiar.  The music was fab, and the passing of the staff was touching.  Hugs to all!
Loki-terr (in training)

Blue66669

Ok, I know that the cigarette case belongs to my beloved. For some reason he just can't go to a faire or party without leaving a bit of himself behind. I had an AWESOME time this weekend, thank you SO very much for your hospitality Queen Bonnie. Here's some of the things I won't be forgetting any time soon...

1. Um, Blue, I think you just have to push it...
2. Jazz hands...
3. CANDY MOUNTAIN CHARLIE!!!
4. My SPOON is too big...
5. The happy place in the pool
6. The barrel of monkeys
7. Duckie tales

There's a whole lot more, but it would prolly get us kicked to Johns Inn LOL. Love you guys, and can't wait to whoop it up on Opening Weekend!!!

BTW, Darkie Duck WILL be coming home with me, OR ELSE.....
Blaidd Drwg

Aiacha

Thank you, Queen Bonnie, for a wonderful time!  I have pictures that I will TRY and get up this week.

Lord Dragonspyre

::starts humming the Can-Can dance song::
Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

eloquentXI

Quote from: Lord Dragonspyre on July 28, 2008, 08:59:46 AM
::starts humming the Can-Can dance song::

Hahahaha. And then Chris's response, everyone standing at the gates before St. Peter...and one of us can't keep a straight face and we're all just SOL.

Another one, "There are no virgins in this pool!"
*my meek look and slowly all the gazes turn in my general direction*

Blue66669

NOT IN THE FACE!! NOT IN THE FACE!!!!

Oh, and the funeral, with the Jeez-its- the crouton o' Christ.

And my personal fave- my impression of a fountain...
Blaidd Drwg

alyria stargazer

I had a ton of fun meeting everyone and seeing old friends. Good food , good friends, good memories... Queen Bonnies' Hospitality is unmatched  :D She is , as always, the hostess with the mostess  ;)
Unfortunately the evening was marred for me and the gentelman who brought me. We were in a car accident at the intersection of 290 and 95 heading back to get my kid. Elven (Bill) is in pretty good shape and all I got was a hairline fracture on my knee. Everyone else in the other vehicle was OK with a few bumps and bruises. I spoke to several of you about coming out to volunteer at Serendipity so this is mostly to let you know that Bill will be there but I am going to take a few days off to get my leg back in shape so I can dance at the Rhythm and Stars event on the 16th. If I don't see you all soon I will see you all later =)

See you on the inside...
Alyria Stargazer
We are the Music Makers and we are the Dreamers of Dreams...
Mistress of Serendipity Haven..
Guppy No. 64.

Var Greyshadow

Oh, that's terrible!  Glad you both are OK! 

See you in September!!  (I'm definitely going to try to get my evil twin to the pirate weekend.)
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

RenRobin

Quote from: alyria stargazer on July 28, 2008, 11:58:02 AM
I had a ton of fun meeting everyone and seeing old friends. Good food , good friends, good memories... Queen Bonnies' Hospitality is unmatched  :D She is , as always, the hostess with the mostess  ;)
Unfortunately the evening was marred for me and the gentelman who brought me. We were in a car accident at the intersection of 290 and 95 heading back to get my kid. Elven (Bill) is in pretty good shape and all I got was a hairline fracture on my knee. Everyone else in the other vehicle was OK with a few bumps and bruises. I spoke to several of you about coming out to volunteer at Serendipity so this is mostly to let you know that Bill will be there but I am going to take a few days off to get my leg back in shape so I can dance at the Rhythm and Stars event on the 16th. If I don't see you all soon I will see you all later =)

See you on the inside...
Alyria Stargazer

What a way to end such a lovely day.  I am really glad you both were not banged up to badly.  Yowza, the knee really hurts though.   Wishing you a speedy recovery!
Loki-terr (in training)

eloquentXI

Alyria, I'm so glad you're ok though! Take it easy the couple days, y'hear?

Keep us updated about Serendipity, I've got it in the plans if the money is alright, to drive down from Denton and make it one weekend.

Queen Bonnie

Hugs, Alyria and Elven and sending healing magick your way. What a rotten thing to happen!  Do rest and get better!
We will see you in Sept! I look forward to going to Serendipity Haven again!
Thank you for coming and bringing my Gowns! I love them!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!