News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Austin ARRG- July 26th

Started by Queen Bonnie, June 16, 2008, 03:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queen Bonnie

Music makers are welcome. Good idea! I have not had as much luck getting entertainment this year.
I have a CD player and lots of Renn Cds.
My back yard is shady. If you want to put up a tent- Ok with me.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

RenRobin

I may be having a friend in tow that day. Her kids are with their dad and she is always up for a good party.

I think I will be bringing a pasta salad of sorts, one that does not require refrigeration to keep...no mayo or anything like that in it that could turn in the heat.
Loki-terr (in training)

Queen Bonnie

That sounds good, Robin! Thanks for letting me know. It is getting closer!
Wingardium Leviosa!

midnightferret

OK, a tentative headcount (30):

NameFood ItemExtrasSetup/Cleanup?
RenRobin +1
dbaldock
EloquentXI
Element of Air
Zaubon
CuDubMacArtuir
indigocenter + Paul
Midnightferret + Ambard
Var + Lawrence
yrose + Sir Edward
Dragonspyre
Ginette + Lech
Moon)Dawg
Calith
Molden + Shauna
Alyria Stargazer +Bill
Aicha
Paul of the Dragons
DT_Masters (?)
Purple Dragon + Amalphia(?)
volans(?)
pasta salad
strawberries, pie

dip

veggie wraps
hotdogs
Scotch eggs
baked beans, chips
pies
Briskets
Burgers and Rolls

Dragon eggs (yay!)
veggies

cooler
table
faire van (tables, EZups, etc)

paper towels, TP
ice
plates and plasticware
table, cutting board, canopy, cooler

ice

S/C
S/C

S/C
C

C(?)

If I missed stuff (which I am certain I have) pm or email me and I will add it. Also, I will check this thread for changes and updates as best I can.

*****************Reminders and Suggestions*************************
Please heed the instructions in Queen Bonnie's original post. I will explain:

This is a HUGE party. Last year, Queen Bonnie, Ambard and I began setting up at around 8:30 or 9am and the cleanup for this thing lasted until 2am, and wasn't actually finished, even then, and even with a few helpful souls pitching in.

Just because I'm anal, I would like to re-iterate a few of Queen Bonnie's requests, also. Touch not the buttons on the panel in the hall! These are full of nargles, and I assure you, were the cause of much grief and suffering last year. The electrical system at Meow Manor is mystical and run by very temperamental little gnomes. Do not anger them. If you bring something, and there are leftovers, feel free to offer them to other attendees, but if you get no takers, please, TAKE YOUR LEFTOVERS WITH YOU! It was a daunting task last year to sort leftovers and figure out what to do with them, especially exhausted and sunburned at 2am.

OK, enough of that. It looks like we need some: condiments, disposable food ware (plates cups napkins, forks, etc), buns, cheese, and maybe some more sides? Bonnie, let me know if we DON'T need some of this stuff or if we DO need other things. Also, feel free to sign up for the cleanup crew! We had some tentative volunteers but I didn't want to put anyone down without certainty.

Lord Dragonspyre

I will be bringing paper plates and plasticware, along with a pie or two.

Also, Aiacha said that she will be attending as well.
Corrupting Impressionable Youths Since 1976.

IBRSC#1475, RMG#820, IFRP#1276
Horseman of Debauchery

Queen Bonnie

Good Dragonspyre! Glad Aicha can come! Thanks for the help Midnight. I will need paper plates etc.Cups, napkins. Thanks!
Bring coolers and I will need ice and - do re read the first post, if in doubt. Bear- Moon Dawg is bringing the burgers and rolls. I have some condiments- Mustard and relish. Need Cheese, Tomatoes, lettuce, onions- burger fixings.
Wingardium Leviosa!

Var Greyshadow

Wow!  Thanks for the summary, Midnight!  You can add us to the clean-up.  We're staying Saturday night.
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Mead Swilling Lech

This is Ginette's other half.  I shall be there as well and we will have a couple of large briskets.  We will also have a large table, cutting board, knives, and a canopy (if we need it).  Sign us up for a cooler of ice also.  In addition, if we don't appear to have enough sides, let me know, I'll throw together some roasted potatos as well, just ren-mail Ginette.
Whiskey was invented to keep us Irish from ruling the world.

alyria stargazer

Provided I can get a sitter I will definitely be there! Chameleon unfortunately is doing a show that day but if it doesn't look promising she may bow out early to come see everyone. I believe that Bill will also be attending and we will try to bring some fresh veggies for burgers and some ice. If I have a late night sitter I will definitely be down for clean up as well.

See you on the inside...
Alyria
We are the Music Makers and we are the Dreamers of Dreams...
Mistress of Serendipity Haven..
Guppy No. 64.

Queen Bonnie

LOL at your name Ginette's other half! Can I just call you Mead Swilling? Grammercy for all you are bringing! Yummy! I will say AYE to roasted taters!
I hope you and Chameleon can make it Alyria!  Bill too!  Hugs for the offer of help!
Wingardium Leviosa!

eloquentXI

I'll try to remember to grab a cooler on the way out when I leave next week.

I'm still not sure what I'm bringing but...I bet Element and I could stop so I could pick up a couple packages of buns on the way out to Meow Manor Saturday morning. Are buns still needed?
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Moon Dawg

I am bringing 20 lbs of Hamburger and PLENTY of BUNZ! Dinna bring more BUNZ!
M)D
Moon)Dawg
Mage of the Majick Box
Keeper of the Pygmypony
Wizard to the Kingdom of Onondaga

Queen Bonnie

Ask  Bear. I think he is doing burgers and buns. Cheese for burgers- pickles, stuff like that needed.
* I will have very little space in my fridge*
I wish I had an extra party fridge in the garage- but wishing and magick don't work on fridges! LOL!
OOPS! We posted at the same time, Bear!
Wingardium Leviosa!

Zaubon

The faire van includes two 48 qt., one 70 qt. and one 100 qt ice chests. Either the 70 or the 100 will be full of drinks, the others will be full of ice.

Queen Bonnie

Wow! That sounds great, Zaubon. We can have you pull the van in the back gate- if you want- to be closer to the action. You can check it out when you get here! Thanks so much!
Only a week and a half to go!  Yikes!  I am setting the house elves to start cleaning today!
Wingardium Leviosa!