News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

great weekend past

Started by rengypsy, July 05, 2011, 09:06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengypsy

i wanted to thank all you crazy tribe members who ventured out into 100 degree temps to camp this weekend at sherwood.  we had a grand time.  the saturday night around the seven sisters was a bit chaotic wih regard to music and drums, but it was great all the same.

i heard one young person say that it was a kinda lame...and i thought, well there is always a minority view...

but it was fantastic to gather with all of you.  the communion was just what i needed.  my heart was growing heavy with not having communed with yall since faire eneded.

the documentary we watched on sunday evening at the pub only reinforced to me that we are on the right track at sherwood.

much love and admiration for the 30+ who leant a hand with volunteer work on saturday morning.

we love yall!!!

rengypsy
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

K5LYN

Yes it was a great weekend, and those who hung around for a while in the circle of stones must have been, like me, blown away by the enchanting music, dance and torch fire, which brought back memories, hidden somewhere, deep in our genes, from ancient times.

Then we carried that excitement to the streets of Round Top on Monday morning, where 37 of us marched the 3 miles or so through the crowd of thousands who had gathered for the 161st July 4th Parade in that quaint Central Texas community.  Once again, we did it.

Maybe only those of us who survive from the '60s can say this:  "Take the gatherings to the streets!"
Gypsy Palmist