News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Where else can you really share your excitement about faire?

Started by DonaCatalina, July 06, 2011, 02:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

I have noticed for some time that I read and post a lot more frequently when the date is approaching for a fair that I plan on attending. You lovely people are among the few who truly appreciate how much fun there is to be had at a ren fair.
Where else could I go to discuss fair and not explode from sheer excited anticipation?

Do you find yourself posting and reading more just before the opening day of fair?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Neysa

I'm often guilty of that as well!  Admittedly I don't check in here as much during my faire's  off season, even though I try to scan the boards at least a few times a week all year long. Sometimes though, something random will spark my enthusiasm.  It could just be a single photo, but for whatever reason I'll suddenly start "jonesing" for faire really bad and I'll start paying a lot more attention to the boards, whether I post anything or not. This place is a lifesaver!  It's the only faire board that I know of that stays fairly active all year long.  :)

Merlin the Elder

This is the only online community that I am part of—I don't do FaceBook or any of the other chic social boards. I tend to be a loner for the most part. I don't know that I've posted more before a faire. It's kinda hard to tell because I've gone to four different faires so far this year, and I've been reading and posting like crazy.

I have noticed, however, that new threads in the individual faire forums are more frequent as their faire approaches or gets under way. I've also noticed that the Texas faires' forums tend to maintain more activity throughout the year than other areas of the country. I'm not sure what to make of that. It may just be the concentration of faires.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Xantrawler

Well I normally do two things. Run at the mouth about faire to my friends then they shoot me to shut me up or I just explode from shear excitement and anticipation. Now, in the middle of winter I do practice dialect on the cat. (No, she's a cat and not impressed) The wife and I talk about it or I come home and find her listening to our CD of Sterling. That  about sums it up. Now if you will excuse me Sterling opens this weekend. (Runs out of the room screaming in joy and tries to High Five the cat, who runs the other way and dives under the table.)

Bonny Pearl

Fortunately I have two friends from faire that work at my office with me now so.... faire is spoken of quite often lol!  Happy Day!  ;D 
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Mairte

I really dont have anyone around here to share my love of faire. :-\
So, I am VERY glad this forum exists. I think I post pretty much the same at faire time as at any other part of the year though.

Kiss-me-Kate

My daughter is more excited about Fest than I am, so we can just share in each others misery in the dead of winter, or the thrill of it starting soon.  (45 days!!)

Most of my friends are rennies, so that helps too.  However, the few that aren't don't get it.  (The fools  ;) )

We mist up the last time we pull out of the lot/pit for the last time of the season.   Thank God our friends get together a few times in the off season.

Invading near by Faires help too. 
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Rani Zemirah

Well... I've been accused of being a "postaholic" at least once, and it's quite possible that's true.  :P  So, I'd have to say that I might post a little more around Faire, particularly during countdown, but it surely couldn't be MUCH more...  ::)  :D 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

maeven

I do know that I get more "distracted" with work and school around faire time! lol... As for posts... Hmm... I'm not really sure. But I do know come mid-September I will have the attention span of a fly.  ;D
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

Lady Rosaline

I am guilty of posting more during the time when faire is soon to start and during the run of it. I don't have too many people near by that "get" faire so I have to rely on my friends here to get me by during my "rendrawls". So glad you guys are here.
I'm the reason the rum is gone! (Unless Teach is near by!)

LadyAsh

I am also guilty of posting more around faire season. I will occasionally lurk on the forums off season. There are not too many in my family who "get" renn faire. They're puzzled as to why I wear garb to faire. I have a few rennie friends who understand and I'm trying to get my boyfriend a bit interested in the faire (though he lives in England xD). I think this place is a home to share my excitement, and see other people who are just as enthusiastic and excited about faire.
"Love can make a summer fly, or a night seem like a lifetime." -Andrew Lloyd Webber

Merlin the Elder

Too much drama in my family half the time... I'm more at home with my fairemily....
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

maeven

Kiss-me-Kate

Quote from: maeven on July 06, 2011, 08:57:41 PM
I do know that I get more "distracted" with work and school around faire time! lol... As for posts... Hmm... I'm not really sure. But I do know come mid-September I will have the attention span of a fly.  ;D

I can totally relate.   ;D
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

maeven

Quote from: Kiss-me-Kate on July 07, 2011, 11:03:38 PM
Quote from: maeven on July 06, 2011, 08:57:41 PM
I do know that I get more "distracted" with work and school around faire time! lol... As for posts... Hmm... I'm not really sure. But I do know come mid-September I will have the attention span of a fly.  ;D

I can totally relate.   ;D

It's usually a hard time of the year for me anyways with work starting up again and the semester starting up as well-it's always a challenge to pay attention to things when all you're thinking is, "So should I wear the corset or the gypsy gear on Saturday?".. lol

Bob of the Lake

I'm fortunate to have two grown children who share my love of faire and are always willing to talk about it and--if I pay  ;D--join me for a day of faire-going. Of course, since they don't live at home anymore, we don't talk all the time so I'm very happy to have all of you! I think I'm a fairly steady poster and don't really "ramp up" my posts around faire time. I'm excited about it all year long!
I came, I saw, I skipped to my lou.
            - Hammy the Squirrel

Alphena Brennafax

Funny, I was just thinking to myself  "I don't think I'm ever as giddy as when I'm planning for War." In the months beforehand, I start getting really excited, planning out new garb and new pieces for the camp I want to get. Unfortunately, none of my friends share my giddiness. The few that go with me do enjoy it but not with the deep fervor that I do. So, yeah, I find myself trolling the forum much more often in those few months leading up to War.