News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Farmer's Daughter

Started by missShire, July 11, 2011, 10:53:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

missShire

This year at my faire I'm playing a tomboy's farmers daughter, but I'm stuck on the rest of her character.
Originally I was going to play a tomboy who wanted to join the Merry Band, but that was shot down and now I need a new story. Goals, why I'm in the shire, etc. But I'm stuck.

Not meaning to sound narcissistic, but I am a pretty attractive 18 year old girl with a great figure [last year I was the town beauty queen] so my directors said "Nothing sexual" because it'd be "too easy". So no searching for a husband, no being raunchy, etc.

Any ideas?

McGuinness

You are WIDE open which is probably why there arent tons of responses flying out at you. You dont have to focus on being attractive or on the opposite sex in any way. You could be looking for an apprenticeship or a sponsor, wanting to be the Queen's gardener, hunting for your father's cow that you lost somehow, interviewing people for new farming methods or fertilizers, etc.. Just brainstorm - the more outlandish and off the wall you get, the easier it is and the more memorable you will be.

Aderin

Quote from: Eileen on July 15, 2011, 12:20:21 PM
You are WIDE open which is probably why there arent tons of responses flying out at you. You dont have to focus on being attractive or on the opposite sex in any way. You could be looking for an apprenticeship or a sponsor, wanting to be the Queen's gardener, hunting for your father's cow that you lost somehow, interviewing people for new farming methods or fertilizers, etc.. Just brainstorm - the more outlandish and off the wall you get, the easier it is and the more memorable you will be.

Love these ideas! Especially the bovine one!

My advice? Start with something you enjoy, say archery, outfits, ale, etc. Then build your character off of the thing you enjoy!
"There is always hope." - Aragorn

Life is the School, Love is the Lesson.