News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Countdown!

Started by Tamtaro, July 14, 2011, 10:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: kcdcchef on July 21, 2011, 12:36:53 AM
Quote from: Tamtaro on July 20, 2011, 01:52:03 PM

I should save my gas money for Festival, but am sorely tempted.  I'll let you know if I am - it would be nice to meet a fellow R/F'er! :)

Doubtful I will make it out, almost zero chance. BUT, Columbus Day Weekend should be my weekend as usual, generally I come out that Saturday and that Monday. So would be happy to meet up if you are in that weekend. Are you a facebooker? Love making friends with fellow rennies!

We (a few of us) normally come on that weekend, but there is a car race that weekend and a hotel was not to be found within an hour.  Does the race affect the faire, since it is quite close?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Tamtaro

Quote from: Delireus on July 20, 2011, 03:53:49 PM
Im flying back from Texas August 12th (I go to school in Manhattan, family is from Texas), but my boyfriend's family is having a big party on the 13th :( I desperately want to go to the coronation, just saw it on Facebook, but I don't think I will be able to.

Maybe you could strategically place a cardboard cutout "you" at the party and sneak out!  Classic! ;D

Tamtaro

Quote from: kcdcchef on July 21, 2011, 12:36:53 AM
Quote from: Tamtaro on July 20, 2011, 01:52:03 PM

I should save my gas money for Festival, but am sorely tempted.  I'll let you know if I am - it would be nice to meet a fellow R/F'er! :)

Doubtful I will make it out, almost zero chance. BUT, Columbus Day Weekend should be my weekend as usual, generally I come out that Saturday and that Monday. So would be happy to meet up if you are in that weekend. Are you a facebooker? Love making friends with fellow rennies!

I'm an old fogey...no Facebook :P  However, I will be at Canterbury most weekends (including Columbus day weekend - most likely Saturday).  Maybe we can get an R/F group together!

Tamtaro

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on July 21, 2011, 05:39:27 AM
We (a few of us) normally come on that weekend, but there is a car race that weekend and a hotel was not to be found within an hour.  Does the race affect the faire, since it is quite close?

Traffic & noise, yes.  I travel in the morning from the east & there is always a humongous line at that exit. :o All of us driving by have to take a look which slows the whole thing down.  So if I want to hear the opening cannon on race weekend, I head out a little earlier.  
Once you are IN the faire you can hear "RRRRrrrrrrrmmmmm! RRRRrrrrrrrmmmmm!" (doppler effect!)  I'm usually so immersed in faire-frolicking that I don't notice until someone says something like, "Did you hear the dragons?!" :D

kcdcchef

old fogey, my Mother is on FB at 58, my friend Jack is on there at 71, and another lady Vivian I know from my gingerbread business is 78, and posting away!

Delireus

Blaaah, I can't go to the coronation or the mini faire! Mini faire is the Wednesday before school starts and things are so hectic. But, if anyone else can, I really recommend it :) it was a lot of fun.

I should be going to faire on September 24th, anyone else?
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Tamtaro

Quote from: kcdcchef on July 21, 2011, 04:02:36 PM
old fogey, my Mother is on FB at 58, my friend Jack is on there at 71, and another lady Vivian I know from my gingerbread business is 78, and posting away!

I just wanted an excuse to use the word "fogey" :)

Tamtaro

Quote from: Delireus on July 21, 2011, 11:52:05 PM
Blaaah, I can't go to the coronation or the mini faire! Mini faire is the Wednesday before school starts and things are so hectic. But, if anyone else can, I really recommend it :) it was a lot of fun.

I should be going to faire on September 24th, anyone else?

Mini-faire doesn't work for me either - middle of the work week :(  But the 24th falls on my birthday weekend, so I will definitely be there - birthday festival!  JOY :D

kcdcchef

Quote from: Tamtaro on July 22, 2011, 11:09:33 AM

Mini-faire doesn't work for me either - middle of the work week :(  But the 24th falls on my birthday weekend, so I will definitely be there - birthday festival!  JOY :D

My birthday weekend too, I am the 24th, you?

Delireus

Happy early birthday to both you guys! Hope to see you in the lanes!
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

kcdcchef

Quote from: Delireus on July 22, 2011, 09:41:14 PM
Happy early birthday to both you guys! Hope to see you in the lanes!

is my birthday your only weekend this year? My only one is Columbus Day weekend. darn the luck.

Delireus

Unfortunately, yes :(. Like I said, I'm in school and for this semester, I have all of 2 free weekends not counting renfest weekend, what with work, rehearsals, and other plans.

In other news, is anyone going to the Wichita Steampunk expo on November 4th-6th? That's one of my other plans. This is their second year I believe. I'm not sure how well it was last year, but I'm excited to go this year!
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: kcdcchef on July 21, 2011, 04:02:36 PM

I won't get on FaceBook, myself, but Nim is on it (both of us are older than your mother), and my mother is on it...she's 86.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

kcdcchef

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on July 23, 2011, 12:30:05 PM

I won't get on FaceBook, myself, but Nim is on it (both of us are older than your mother), and my mother is on it...she's 86.

Merlin!!!! I love the rare occasion you come over to our KCRF boards!!! And yes, you should get on there. Then you could see photos of me as Merlin in my early twenties.

Merlin the Elder

I check pretty much all of the faire boards from time-to-time. I like to get a sense of the people.  KCRF is on my list to visit—it's just a question of when.  It won't be this year because of some other traveling I have to be doing, and I don't think I could physically handle another hot faire this year anyway. Even Colorado took a toll on us this year.

KCRF is the third closest major faire to us. I would be most inclined to visit toward/at the end of the run.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...