News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Countdown!

Started by Tamtaro, July 14, 2011, 10:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on July 24, 2011, 08:17:16 AM
I check pretty much all of the faire boards from time-to-time. I like to get a sense of the people.  KCRF is on my list to visit—it's just a question of when.  It won't be this year because of some other traveling I have to be doing, and I don't think I could physically handle another hot faire this year anyway. Even Colorado took a toll on us this year.

KCRF is the third closest major faire to us. I would be most inclined to visit toward/at the end of the run.

For future reference, several of us travel usually Columbus day weekend, it's a 3 day Faire weekend (except this year will be the 24th of September weekend, due to a NASCAR race Columbus day weekend)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

kcdcchef

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on July 24, 2011, 07:33:29 PM
I check pretty much all of the faire boards from time-to-time. I like to get a sense of the people.  KCRF is on my list to visit—it's just a question of when.  It won't be this year because of some other traveling I have to be doing, and I don't think I could physically handle another hot faire this year anyway. Even Colorado took a toll on us this year.

KCRF is the third closest major faire to us. I would be most inclined to visit toward/at the end of the run.

For future reference, several of us travel usually Columbus day weekend, it's a 3 day Faire weekend (except this year will be the 24th of September weekend, due to a NASCAR race Columbus day weekend)

I usually reccomend people to go to the NASCAR weekends, faire isnt as busy because everyone thinks Neckcar will drive everyone away what with clogging the freeways and the area in general, it is always easier on faire actually. Merlin let me know if you ever do make it out. KCRF it's last 3 weekends isn't usually too hot. Opening weekend, 2nd, and 3rd generally are ridiculous, I have NO IDEA how they even open with characters roaming around in heavy period dress when it's 105!! Two years ago on closing weekend the high temp was 32. I loved it.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: kcdcchef on July 25, 2011, 02:20:24 AM
Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on July 24, 2011, 07:33:29 PM

I usually reccomend people to go to the NASCAR weekends, faire isnt as busy because everyone thinks Neckcar will drive everyone away what with clogging the freeways and the area in general, it is always easier on faire actually. Merlin let me know if you ever do make it out. KCRF it's last 3 weekends isn't usually too hot. Opening weekend, 2nd, and 3rd generally are ridiculous, I have NO IDEA how they even open with characters roaming around in heavy period dress when it's 105!! Two years ago on closing weekend the high temp was 32. I loved it.

Biggest problem with the race, was there were no hotels availble that were reasonably close - this was in May
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Tamtaro

Quote from: kcdcchef on July 22, 2011, 06:42:58 PM
My birthday weekend too, I am the 24th, you?
Lucky!  Yours is on the actual day of Festival.  Mine's on Thursday, the 22nd - usually the first day of fall, but this year, I am still a summer birthday 8)

Tamtaro

Quote from: Delireus on July 22, 2011, 09:41:14 PM
Happy early birthday to both you guys! Hope to see you in the lanes!
Thank you! I like to celebrate the whole month long!  My family doesn't usually let me drag it out past September though...party poopers!!

Tamtaro

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on July 23, 2011, 12:30:05 PM
Quote from: kcdcchef on July 21, 2011, 04:02:36 PM
old fogey, my Mother is on FB at 58, my friend Jack is on there at 71, and another lady Vivian I know from my gingerbread business is 78, and posting away!
I won't get on FaceBook, myself, but Nim is on it (both of us are older than your mother), and my mother is on it...she's 86.
Age maketh not a fogey!  There, I got to say "fogey" again (and again!) ;D
Dubiousness of facebook aside, octogenarians online are adorable! :D

Tamtaro

Aniroaldawen

There's only four hours left in today, so wouldn't that make it 35 days?? ;-D
Starting to get really excited; despite car troubles that drained my faire fund so I won't get to buy anything this year, I got my season pass before my car went asplodey on me. And I'm going to be doing some stuff with my violin at faire too! It'll be interesting being a kind-of-sort-of-semi-performer... ;D

Delireus

Ah, someday I hope to be close enough to faire (and free time wise) to get a season pass! Hope to see and hear you there, Aniroaldawen!
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Tamtaro

Quote from: Aniroaldawen on July 28, 2011, 08:23:19 PM
There's only four hours left in today, so wouldn't that make it 35 days?? ;-D
Starting to get really excited; despite car troubles that drained my faire fund so I won't get to buy anything this year, I got my season pass before my car went asplodey on me. And I'm going to be doing some stuff with my violin at faire too! It'll be interesting being a kind-of-sort-of-semi-performer... ;D
OMG - I cracked up at the word "asplodey." That's exactly what my car does!!  Then my bank account goes asplodey too!
I wish I could play an instrument.  Are you semi-performing with pay??  Then you could have some faire funds! yay :D
And yes, whenever we can chip away at the countdown, it is "faire" play (:P lame joke, I know ;D)

Aniroaldawen

Unfortunately neither of the things I'm doing will pay, except maybe in food books--but I'll be thrilled to get the food books!! :-) And after all, I don't go to faire to buy stuff--I go for the people. :-)

It's August in two days! Then we can finally say KCRF is NEXT MONTH!!!  ;D

Tamtaro

Quote from: Aniroaldawen on July 29, 2011, 06:12:32 PM
It's August in two days! Then we can finally say KCRF is NEXT MONTH!!!  ;D
KCRF is NEXT MONTH!!! ;D

Butch

OH YEAH!  Next month!

kcdcchef

this is scary. where the hell did 2011 go?

Tamtaro

Quote from: kcdcchef on August 02, 2011, 07:08:48 PM
this is scary. where the hell did 2011 go?
Ha!  Well I'm sure it's poor consolation to say so, but it feels like summer 2011 will never end!!!!  ACK! :P 
I hope we get some nice fall weather in 31 days!! (I had to sneak that in there somewhere! ;D)