News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Camping @ TRF

Started by Glaodian, July 14, 2011, 11:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glaodian

Great map.  This will help me plan a bit better before driving out and spending all day Friday trying to figure out where I want to go.

And I am not sure, but am I supposed to bring extra water?   :D 

Thanks again everyone.
--+ Glaodian +--
aka "Gman"
Si vis pacem para bellum

ravic

There is no water in the camps. Bring whatever you think will be needing.

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: April Marie on July 20, 2011, 10:45:26 AM
ok, after pulling up google map and seeing more of everything i think that i am going to try and camp on the other side of McLotofus.  That way we can enjoy the fun of the bonfire when we want but not be too too close.

April, I'm not sure how often you've camped at TRF, but just be aware that all of that area is usually claimed by various clans, and while the grounds are supposed to be open to first come/first serve, there are some folks who can actually be pretty rude if they think you're trying to push your way into what they think of as "their territory"...  It's not nice, and it causes much more drama than anyone needs out there, but it does happen.  Not usually so much with the clans who post here on R/F, but there are a whole lot of others out there who have nothing to do with the forums here, and they can get a bit... testy... if you set up inside their "compound".  If you want to camp closer in, you might look around here and see if there is a group to camp with... it will give you extra security, as well. 

There are some really awesome camping threads here in the TX forums, with some of the best advice you'll ever find, and you might really enjoy some of the stuff posted there...  ;) 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

April Marie

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on July 20, 2011, 04:12:29 PM
ok, after pulling up google map and seeing more of everything i think that i am going to try and camp on the other side of McLotofus.  That way we can enjoy the fun of the bonfire when we want but not be too too close.

April, I'm not sure how often you've camped at TRF, but just be aware that all of that area is usually claimed by various clans, and while the grounds are supposed to be open to first come/first serve, there are some folks who can actually be pretty rude if they think you're trying to push your way into what they think of as "their territory"...  It's not nice, and it causes much more drama than anyone needs out there, but it does happen.  Not usually so much with the clans who post here on R/F, but there are a whole lot of others out there who have nothing to do with the forums here, and they can get a bit... testy... if you set up inside their "compound".  If you want to camp closer in, you might look around here and see if there is a group to camp with... it will give you extra security, as well. 

There are some really awesome camping threads here in the TX forums, with some of the best advice you'll ever find, and you might really enjoy some of the stuff posted there...  ;) 

Thank you so much Rani for that information.  Yeah I was just looking at the map that was posted on here and didnt really think about others around.  I guess I will just have to feel it out.  I am planning on going Friday and setting up, most likely by myself, and will hopefully be able to find something that isnt already "claimed".

thank you again!

Rani Zemirah

Well, I'm not sure who will be around for 1001 Dreams, but McLot is usually pretty welcoming, if you're sure you want to be in that area... so you might talk to Bonny Pearl about camping with them that weekend. You'd be in a great group, and they usually have room to squeeze in another tent. Depends on how many will be in your party.  McLot is always a great party to begin with, though!  It's a bit quieter over where I camp, and I will only be there for All Hallows, but by then you'll probably have something all lined up.
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

beckgam462

Rani we camp with Mclotofus,  I use ear plug and have no problems great group
in the bilge with the vermin
Procrastination wannabe
Life Time member "Cottonbalers"';  Volens et Potens

Rani Zemirah

I haven't had to use ear plugs once, and I kind of appreciate being able to sleep without them.  :D 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

beckgam462

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on July 20, 2011, 08:29:45 PM
I haven't had to use ear plugs once, and I kind of appreciate being able to sleep without them.  :D 
Rani
It's my Generator I use the ear plugs, it is righ outside my window, the people noise or music does not bother me
Procrastination wannabe

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

beckgam462

Procrastination wannabe

Bonny Pearl

ok, after pulling up google map and seeing more of everything i think that i am going to try and camp on the other side of McLotofus.  That way we can enjoy the fun of the bonfire when we want but not be too too close.

Hi April,

On the Big 3 weekends McLot has been known to fill rows 7/8-10, starting from the gulley by the road, then about 80-100ft deep (think large wall comprised of travel trailers & vehicles, in box formation, tents inside).  Safe Haven fills in about as deep as we do on rows 6/7.  The clans behind us (looking from the road) are clans like Valhalla (and a couple other names that I am blanking out on righ now), but they are usually there every weekend.  The established clans also make a point of getting people there early to land grab.  So if you see folks setting up and they have a crap-load of stuff, they are a large clan lol.  Most everyone will be more than happy to let you know who is where though. :)

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Rani Zemirah

Bonny, I think April might be looking for a group to camp with... at least until she figures out the lay of the land.  Do you think she might squat with McLot while she finds her way around?  If she wants to, anyway... 

(I guess I need to stop making plans for other people without asking them first, huh?::) 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

dbaldock

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on July 21, 2011, 04:20:48 PM
Bonny, I think April might be looking for a group to camp with... at least until she figures out the lay of the land.  Do you think she might squat with McLot while she finds her way around?  If she wants to, anyway... 

(I guess I need to stop making plans for other people without asking them first, huh?::) 

You're in Momma Hen mode, looking after all the new chicks...   ;)   :D
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

April Marie

Lol thank u Rani. I'm not sure if anyone would like us to though cause there will be about 10 of us and I plan on setting up a little party to celebrate my 30th. I'll guess I'll just go Friday and feel out the lay of the land. I just wanted to be closer to a couple of T/R peeps so that I can meet u guys!

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: dbaldock on July 21, 2011, 04:43:08 PM
Quote from: Rani Zemirah on July 21, 2011, 04:20:48 PM

You're in Momma Hen mode, looking after all the new chicks...   ;)   :D

Well, maybe not ALL of them...  :P  :D

Quote from: April Marie on July 21, 2011, 05:09:56 PM
Lol thank u Rani. I'm not sure if anyone would like us to though cause there will be about 10 of us and I plan on setting up a little party to celebrate my 30th. I'll guess I'll just go Friday and feel out the lay of the land. I just wanted to be closer to a couple of T/R peeps so that I can meet u guys!

That's definitely going to be a consideration for any clan or group you camp with, then.  You're probably right about finding a spot of your own... just try to be careful about where you choose, because seriously, some groups are way more territorial than others.  There are also places where thievery can be an issue, as well.  Over the next couple of months you should be able to figure out some decent areas, though, just by reading the camping threads.  Good luck!  You'll have to swing by all the R/F camps and say hi, also! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede