News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Medieval Market

Started by Kiss-me-Kate, June 16, 2008, 11:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiss-me-Kate

Does anyone know if they vend at any faires/fests this time of year?
I ordered something from them last monday, and paid second day air for delivery.  I have not heard one word or any replies to my emails regarding my order.
While I am disappointed that I didn't receive my order in time for Twig, the logical part of me thinks perhaps they are at a faire/festival selling their wares.
Does anyone have a phone number I can call?  (There is only a "gmail" address on their site.)

Thanks!
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

wildthingjew

Phonebook results for sandra bradley

Sandra bradley
Mobile, AL 36695
Sandra Bradley   
(251) 607-0745   
9535 Colonial Hills Ct, 
Mobile, AL 36695
jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

Kiss-me-Kate

Thanks Wild,
I already paid her via paypal.
I am thinking they are probably at a fest selling or something to that effect.
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Kiss-me-Kate

OK,
Absolutely no reply from my three emails, one of which to see if she is still doing business.  I was polite, but direct.   

Tomorrow, I will send the "please-refund-my-money-NOW" email.
Along with that, I will send a letter registered mail.
I am hesistent to call her as she would have put her phone number on the website had she wanted to be contacted that way.

I am so bummed out.  No new outfit for faire this weekend.  And it makes me reluctant to order anything online again.  This isn't the first time I have been disappointed with an online transaction.
:'(
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

theChuck

Aw, that's a bummer. IMO, get in contact with Paypal and register a complaint with them. You may also want to call your credit card company and have them put a block/reversal on the payment.

All the places I've ordered from have been really good; sorry you got hit with a few bum sites.
The Renlist - find faires near you!

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

There have been a few threads concerning this particular eBay vendor regarding not following thru on orders, emails, etc. Not good business prtactices when a customer has to take action like this. Nor does it say positive things about the business itself.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Kiss-me-Kate

I did try to call her today, and surprise, the number is disconnected.
I will be filing a complaint with Paypal to see if there is any recourse I can take.
Thanks everyone.

~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

wildthingjew

kate, whatever you do please make sure you file with paypal before the time limit expires, it does no harm in filing and then let them do the work, paypal is excellent to deal with when item aren't right
jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

Kiss-me-Kate

Thanks Wild,
I filed the claim earlier this evening.  Even if I don't get my money back, at least I posted a little bit on here, so I can warn others to be leary of buying from this person and saved them the trouble.
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

I have seen ads for this vendor in RENAISSANCE magazine as well. Big ones!!!

Discontinued number, not returning concerning emails, not good.

Good luck, Kiss-Me-Kate and keep us posted.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Marietta Graziella

Kate I'm so sorry your garb has fallen thru.  It seems there are many businesses out there that think it's OK to do business like this!  We are running into lots of "back order", "out of our hands", "we don't know" kinds of comments with our home project.  How do businesses stay IN businesses when they do this?!?

Unforunately, these folk give the others a bad name.  There are lots of good quality vendors online that are losing customers because people fear this exact situation.   To all the reputable dealers out there, I'm truly sorry these idiots are screwing it up for you.  *sigh*
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Kiss-me-Kate

I concur MG.  If it were me, I would have taken my site down or put a note on there-"no more order...etc."
At least it wasn't a lot of money.  Only 100 bucks plus shipping, so not much, but still enough to be mad.
I just procrastinated too long to whip myself up something AND I want to lose more weight, so I didn't want to spend a lot on what I am making or in this case, purchasing.
Perhaps I will save some rainy day money and order something from Moresca or verymerryseamstress, or Lady Kathleen etc.  we shall see.
But hey, two and a half more days and it is Fest time.  this matter will be totally out of my mind!!
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Dafydd

You are not the only one who has been scammed by this fraudulent webshop.

I placed an order, made payment by Paypal, and never received any word from them. When after awhile, I contacted them again, they told me they don't ship overseas; even though their website does not make any notice of that anywhere. They never refunded the money, and ignored any emails I sent henceforth.

Please do file a complaint against this shop at Paypal, even if you are too late for a refund. Because if they receive several complaints, they will close down the shop's Paypal account and stop the fraud from continuing.

i did find other contact information on this website:
http://www.aboutus.org/TheMedievalMarket.com

I don't know if it's correct, I will try it later today (as I'm in Europe and the US is sleeping right now) and let you know if that got me anywhere.

In my opinion, this webshop should be exposed as the fraud it is, and closed down immediately. So please help me with alerting people of this scam, and post your review about themedievalmarket.com at these sites: (I know, it means creating an account for some of those, but it's worth it when saving other people from being scammed)

http://www.xomreviews.com/themedievalmarket.com
http://www.thethingsiwant.com/site/themedievalmarket.com/
http://www.startaid.com/review/4304153/The-Medieval-Market.html (requires no registration of an account)
http://www.einet.net/review/19698-12248/The_Medieval_Market_Renaissance_Medieval_Garments.htm (registration not needed either)
http://www.italiamedievale.org/europamedievale.html (Italian site, but you can post "commenti" without an account)

If you find any other places like this that I haven't listed... please let me know. Thanks!

It's also worth a try to file a complaint with the domain/webspace provider of that website, so that perhaps they will take the website offline. I found the following domain whois information:
http://www.who.is/whois-com/ip-address/themedievalmarket.com/

CelticOne

You know its funny I had ordered my chemise from them back when I got my first set of garb(early 07) and had no problems with them, so to me it seems odd. But maybe inbetween then and now something happened, change of management perhaps? Weird.
The mind is like a parachute, its best when open.

Dafydd

I don't know what happened there... I never ordered at that store before, and it's safe to say I will never order there again.

Thing is, I placed an order to be shipped to Europe. I searched everywhere on their website for a notice that says "no overseas shipping", but no such notice. When you fill out your details for shipment, you can even specify European countries and everything! Everything indicates that international shipping is not a problem.

So when they received my order, they must have seen that it's an international one. They should, at that point, have contacted me about it and refunded me. But they plain simply weren't planning on contacting me ever, but keep the money for themselves. After all, what can someone overseas do to them, really? They will regret underestamating me, though.

Learning from the posts in this topic, I'm surprised that I even got a response at all, when I asked about my order and they replied saying they don't ship overseas. They said they would "look into whether or not I was already refunded" - why couldn't they do that in the first place? Any emails I sent to them since, have been completely ignored.

I'm going to try and call them in a little bit. See what they have to say - if that phone number still exists. I also found this:
http://www.themedievalmarket.com/boat.html

That webpage apparently contains the phone number of the father of the shop owner. If the direct number doesn't work, maybe we can try that way.

Meanwhile I have contacted the abuse department of theplanet.com (the webspace provider), and they assured me that they will look into the issue. An email to the company maintaining the domain name themedievalmarket.com is also sent. If I don't receive a satisfactory answer on the phone and don't have my refund by tomorrow, I will file further claims through Paypal. I will also contact authorities here in Belgium.

In all this, the least I'm worried about is getting my own money back. What I want to do is protect other people from making the same mistake as I did. The internet needs to be cleaned from these scams that give the rest a bad name.