News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Medieval Market

Started by Kiss-me-Kate, June 16, 2008, 11:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dafydd

Update...

I have tried calling the number that I found on the one link I gave in my first post. That number is apparently also not in service.

But these are definitely not isolated incidents, look here:
http://mobile.bbb.org/commonreport.html?compID=145149642#CustExp

That page tells that there are 3 unsolved cases, in where the merchant never reacted. They also list a phone number - the same one as listed in one of the posts here, so it was definitely correct - so there is no number I can call.

I have also tried the number of this Tom Toombs, supposedly the father of the webshop owner. That number rings - so at least it exists, to whomever it may belong, but I got no response. I will try again later.

Dafydd

I have also received a response from the domain registrar... Unfortunately they can't take action in this case, but at least they are aware of it now.

They provided me with this information about themedievalmarket.com:

Domain: themedievalmarket.com
Registration provider: ItsYourDomain.com

Registrant
Sandra Bradley

wsbradley@adelphia.net
602 Okisko Rd
Elizabeth City, NC 27909 US
+1.2958252264
(FAX)

Administrative
Sandra Bradley
Sandra J Bradley
wsbradley@adelphia.net
602 Okisko Rd
+1.2522642958
(FAX)

Billing
Sandra Bradley
Sandra J Bradley
wsbradley@adelphia.net
602 Okisko Rd
+1.2522642958
(FAX)

Technical
Sandra Bradley
Sandra J Bradley
wsbradley@adelphia.net
602 Okisko Rd
+1.2522642958
(FAX)

Record created on December 16, 2001
Record last updated on March 29, 2007
Record expires on December 16, 2007

Dafydd

New update.

In the information provided by the domain registrar (see previous post), there's yet another phone number. I tried calling that one - and it rang. Someone answered, sounded confused, and said I have the wrong number. I am going to report this to the domain registrar.

I have also filed a claim through Ecops here in Belgium, and filing a claim through the Better Business Bureau is my next step. There is no doubt now that this person is a fraud.

I have also tried calling the phone number of Tom Toombs, but though it does ring over each time, I never get an answer. Whoever Sandra Bradley is - if that is even her real name - she does not want to be contacted, for obvious reasons.

In addition, I discovered that The Medieval Market also seems to have existed as an eBay store at one point, even though it now appears to be totally gone, with vendor account and all. See for yourself:
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:gG_IS7Jd9gsJ:stores.ebay.ca/The-Medieval-Market+the-medieval-market&hl=nl&ct=clnk&cd=11&gl=be

The banner (which can still be seen at the above URL) is the same, and when looking further in Google cached pages, I find that same store listed with the exact same description as you will find on most listings of themedievalmarket.com (see review links I posted before). So most likely, Ebay already removed this shop due to fraud.

Dafydd

I have filed the case with the Better Business Bureau today, and also contacted my credit card company; the latter have asked me to fax all documents related to the issue to them, and to give them 2 weeks to investigate further.

In the hopes that someone actually still reads this, lol, I will keep you updated! :)

wildthingjew

am payin attention here!
jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

Dafydd

theChuck

yeah, we're still listening. this is actually a really good way of documenting what you're doing, so that if someone has a problem with another vendor, they can follow your steps.
The Renlist - find faires near you!

Dafydd

Glad to hear that, and yes hopefully it will be of help to other similar cases as well!

But my thanks also goes to verymerryseamstress, who has contacted me after reading this topic, and gave me some useful hints. She suggested to contact my credit card company directly, rather than Paypal (because by contacting both at the same time, there may be further delays while both run investigations), but it was already too late because I had already contacted Paypal.

I will definitely keep you updated here! :)

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

It only takes one rotten apple to spoil the entire bushel.

Which is why vendors like VMS, myself, and others  work with clients to assure quality work and followthrough on orders. Our word is our guarantee that what is ordered will be delivered.

Good luck in reporting this rotten apple.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Dafydd

The main reason I'm doing all this now, is to expose themedievalmarket.com as a scam, so that this rotten apple may be removed indeed, rather than to get my own money back (which would of course be a nice bonus at this point lol). I am afraid, though, that after this webshop has been taken off the internet, that person will resurface with a new webshop elsewhere under a different name.

Anyway, I have to wait 30 days for a response from Paypal and the BBB. Two weeks to hear from my credit card company. So right now I've done what I could, and it's a matter of time and allowing instances to hopefully do their work. As soon as I hear something, I will let you all know!

Meanwhile, I would recommend that if anyone here also has had problems with themedievalmarket.com, to please take the same steps for reporting this fraud.

DonaCatalina

I hope against hope that you get your money back.
But at least you may have saved a fellow Forum Member some heartache.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Dayna

IIRC someone mentioned they have an ad in Renaissance Magazine?  Perchance they would be interested in this info?  While they have no connection other than accepting money to print whatever they are sent, they may not want a bad vendor advertising in their magazine, lest they be tarred with the same brush.

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

That was me who mentioned the ad in RENAISSANCE magazine
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

theChuck

there's a listing on the renaissance magazine links page for the medieval market. I can only find a few email addresses on the site - EditorTom@RenaissanceMagazine.com and LadyJanet@RenaissanceMagazine.com seem the most relevant.
The Renlist - find faires near you!

Kiss-me-Kate

Wow, I hadn't checked this area for a while. 

I am so sorry you lost your money too.
I filed a claim with Paypal as well, and "won" my claim.  Like I will ever see any money back.

I will also try the BBB.  I had thought of doing that, but never got around to it.
I think we, the "victims" should also all email the staff at Renaissance Magazine.
I would hate to see someone lose their money.

The sad thing is, that I would still want the garb, if I can't have my money back.  It was only 100 bucks, glad it wasn't more.

In the meantime,I did find an inexpensive bodice.  It is basic and not the greatest, but it was affordable and it fits well.
Once I finish losing weight I am definitely saving up for something from VMS or Lady Kathleen.

~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!