News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Medieval Market

Started by Kiss-me-Kate, June 16, 2008, 11:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SterlingFan

I feel so bad that so many of you got scammed !!!

I just looked up both the Medieval Market and Armstreet LLC websites and noticed that they carry many of the exact same items  ???.  They kind of make out as if they are the ones hand making the garments & other items but they must be getting them from a supplier.  Hopefully not a sweatshop type supplier !

I've never bought from either shop so I don't know the quality of the items.  The prices seem rather steep to me though - mostly the Armstreet items.  I'm glad to be warned about these businesses !
Home Faire: Sterling Renaissance Festival

"I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here !"

Friar Rohn the Chronicler

They didn't scam me. I got every dime back because I was able to prove to eBay and PayPal (which I believe are the same company now) from emails and screenshots of what was going on. Initially, they sent only a tracing number. A tracing number and a tracking number are two entirely different things. All a tracing number is....well, anyone can get a tracing number off of the USPS website. It's just a simple request to pick up a package. It doesn't state who it's going to, it's just a "come and get something" number according to my local post office. They kept on insisting that was a valid tracking number, which probably can still be entered to the USPS website and still shows "no movement". At first they tried the "no refunds", but they knew that wasn't going anywhere.
       They had made me so disgusted, if they even overnighted a replacement (I don't believe the first was ever shipped) I had planned to have it taken to a embroidery place locally and have printed on the backside of the cowl....

"I PURCHASED THIS PIECE OF #%@& FROM ARMSTREET"
                "DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE!"

I would have wore that all this month at the Castle of Muskogee, up at the Kansas City faire and down at Scarby and I would have made sure that I would have someone follow me with one of my spare cameras. I would have posted hundreds of those photos online and then have a 6'X8' poster shipped to them of the best "crowd shot". They should consider that in this economy, they shouldn't treat customers they way they did me. The suit was only a few hundred bucks and I spent 5 times that amount on a child's antique tankard last year. It wasn't the money, it was their conduct towards me as the customer. So having the statement above placed on the backside of the suit would have given me $200+ of satisfaction. 
       Maybe it was a good thing they never shipped it, I'll have a suit designed by Lady Kathleen and I know how professional she is. A good example is the hat she made my nephew's Spanish doublet and slops and it was slightly too small, so we shipped it back with a baseball hat he sized correctly (it wasn't her fault, he has thick brown hair from his mother's side of the family) and she shipped a new one immediately.
       I've learned from two deals to purchase not off of eBay when dealing specifically with garb.

Friar Rohn

PS - I had planned to purchase a Damascus steel dagger for around $300+ from Medieval Market, but this thread warned me off early. Thanks to all of the posters for their comments.

katie_86

Thank God for pay pal!  :) i got my refund today

Sir. Kindle

This is interesting, and a little disconcerting to me. I placed an order with them, as did several friends and family members back in '07, for my brother's wedding party. Not only did we receive our orders in a timely manner, but one of the items came too large and needed replacement. We only had a couple weeks to go before the wedding and they not only resolved the problem, but did so very quickly, insuring us that we'd have the item in plenty of time for the wedding.

Last year, just before Halloween, a friend, who was in the wedding party, ordered several items for his wife. They received them just in time for Halloween, but a couple of the items were, again, too large. He contacted them and they said they'd fix them....that was LAST Halloween and he still hasn't received the items back. He's been very casual about this, saying he's got plenty of time before faire season starts this year. However, after reading this, I'm going to have to make sure that he follows through sooner, rather than later. If something has happened to the company, he needs to see if he can get his items back.

I'm sorry all of you are having so many problems with them. I don't understand how companies can repeatedly treat their costumers like this and still remain in business. We really liked the items received from them, so I wish all of you the best of luck in contacting them and/or having your issues resolved.

dentalchick1

I also have been ripped off by Ms bradley, when I googled her I found out its a fraud, others also did not recieve goods

verdant1

9 Oct 2009

Today my Medieval Market order, placed 10 Sept 2009, did arrive!

I had not read this thread prior to placing the orders  and needless to say, it was a relief to get the packages.  After finding this thread, I tried numerous times to call MM and all I got was 'mail box full, leave call back number' ...which I did and never received a call back.  Emails went unanswered for about 2 weeks and it wasn't until I started texting the phone number that I received any response.

Dame of the Realm posted here that she had no response until she realized that 509-690-8452 was a cell phone and started texting.  Many thanks to her for that tip!!  I hope that anyone else having problems tries this.

The order was correct and everything appears to be well made.  For my first ren clothes, they will be very satisfactory.  The snood with attached headband covered with trim and pearls to match the dress is really cute.

Now, is it spring yet??

Verdant1

Zorro

13 October, 2009:
Scammed as well as best I can tell.  Order placed Sept 28, confirmed order # received, but no product & no answer to e-mail.  Will begin reporting process.  Wish I'd known ahead of time. >:(

Dafydd

It appears that the website themedievalmarket.com no longer exists; the domain name has expired.

Let us hope that this scam company has finally been taken down, as it should have been long ago, so that this will be the end of their scamming for once and for all!

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

It also appears that RENAISSANCE magazine no longer carries the ads for the Nedieval Market..
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde