News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

To My Renaissance Festival Forums Family

Started by BubbleWright, April 13, 2014, 08:09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbleWright

I posted the following on FB but I consider the RF Forums my true Renaissance home...

Have you ever happened to hear the word, "UBUNTU," which the late President Mandela used to say often? This is one of the stories about the origin of the word. An anthropologist played a game with children of one African tribe. He hung food on a tree at some distance which the children liked very much, and explained the rule of the game which was that the first arrived could eat it, and then shouted, "Go!" Then the children held each other's hands, ran to the tree together instead running hard individually, and shared the food together. The anthropologist asked them, "If you would run ahead of others, you could have eaten more. Why did you run together?" The children shouted, "UBUNTU" and responded with a question, "How can one person be happy when all the others are sad?" "UBUNTU" of the Bantu language means that "I am because you are."

My friends, I am because you are. Thank you for sharing with me..........  Felix the Bubble Wright
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Merlin the Elder

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...