News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Rendezvous 2012

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, July 19, 2011, 08:43:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyStitch

The PP, fuzzlet and I are waiting to see where it will be.  We REALLY want to go next year, and it is always a great adventure. 
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

arbcoind

Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival runs over Labor Day.

Gina

Ms Trish

I'd vote no to a Labor Day Rendzevous. Too many other things going on that weekend.
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

arbcoind

I agree, I will be at the Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival, as it will never be chosen for Rendezvous.

Gina

Rogue Hidesmith

Quote from: Capt Spleen on July 24, 2011, 07:10:51 PM
the first two were MNRF and TRF - not sure of the order - I did not attend these.
3) Tennessee Ren Faire
4) Maryland Ren Faire
5) Scarby
6) Colorado Ren Faire

Except for MDRF, these are all "mid west" faires. Perhaps something on the southern east coast?

(C'mon, give me an excuse to go to FL in February ;))
If you can do a halfassed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind. - Kurt Vonnegut
IBRSC #1603

Welsh Wench

Nothing rocks it like St Molden's Weekend at BARF!

Just sayin...... ;)
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

renfairephotog

Tennessee is not mid west.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Sir Ironhead

Neither are Colorado, TRF or Scarby.  My 2 pence.
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

Merlin the Elder

How about, we start by suggesting a faire east of the Mississippi, since the last two were west of there. Otherwise, we'll spend all our time arguing which is where and how that section of the country is defined. Depending on timing, we'll do our best to come, but we're already lining up our faire schedule for 2012, and two weekends are already etched in stone for us.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Captain Dungcaster

.To the location, how does one pack rapier and dagger? What are your thoughts? I have not attended RenDezvous so I am wondering about travel.

Frank Blanton
aka Francis Dungcaster
"Fantasy Football, Dungeons & Dragons for Jocks"
I.B.R.S.C #1068.

arbcoind

Rogue Hidesmith

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on August 09, 2011, 02:14:31 PM
How about, we start by suggesting a faire east of the Mississippi, since the last two were west of there. Otherwise, we'll spend all our time arguing which is where and how that section of the country is defined.

Agreed. Sorry if I offended anyone. From where I'm sitting, anything west of Ohio, east of Nevada and not a coastal state is "mid-west".
If you can do a halfassed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind. - Kurt Vonnegut
IBRSC #1603

Merlin the Elder

I know, Rogue...it's a relative thing, and here in Arkansas, most are...relatives, that is.  I was born a Yankee, so I don't count...  ;) I've been told that Arkansas isn't South and Missouri isn't North. Since those are the two places I've lived, I'm a real nowhere man, sitting in this nowhere land. I need another RenDezvous, because there's something in the way she moves, that attracts me like no other, and I wanna hold her hand. (somebody PLEASE shut me up!!)

Muffin

I could be wrong, but I thought the decision on the location was no longer up to us?
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Merlin the Elder

It's not, Muffin, but that doesn't mean we can't try to influence the decision... :)